op 0.020408163265306 2.0% [ 1 ]
skirt 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 21 ]
blouse 0.061224489795918 6.1% [ 3 ]
head dress 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 7 ]
bag 0.16326530612245 16.3% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Mega Noob

I've only made bows and sewn on some lace trim here and there. bahahaha.
I do everything by hand

so if anyone can tell me what's the best option for a sewing machine, that will be greatly appreciated.

I have all the materials for making wrist cuffs, but I need to find time for it v-v

Will update when I get around to it.

Kawaii Girl

Chwisty
I've only made bows and sewn on some lace trim here and there. bahahaha.
I do everything by hand

so if anyone can tell me what's the best option for a sewing machine, that will be greatly appreciated.

I have all the materials for making wrist cuffs, but I need to find time for it v-v

Will update when I get around to it.
I have a Baby Lock that was about $125 I think. If you're just starting out sewing you don't need anything expensive.

Vampire

9,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sewing skirts are easy for me so it's the only lolita I sew myself. I cannot sew blouses for the life of me rofl

Kawaii Bunny

Juvia Loxaar
Sewing skirts are easy for me so it's the only lolita I sew myself. I cannot sew blouses for the life of me rofl

I'm a little worried about sewing blouses too. My friend bought me a blouse pattern for my birthday, and it's such a pretty pattern so I want to start making blouses right away, but I'll have to practice on my old bits of fabric first.

How difficult are blouses? What problems did you have with them?

mexican702's Girlfriend

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
I have sewn a lot of skirts, a couple of dresses, and other accessories.

But lately, I have been buying the items from my local Lolita group. I have done a couple of orders too.

I look at the dresses that I buy then I try my best to make a patter out it and see the details on how a skirt, dress, or JSK is done.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
hm. i think maybe lolita skirts are my favorite to sew because in all honestly, its the easiest fit. I made one dress and there was certainly much more time spent adjusting the pattern so that i was happy with it. I don't sew lolita garments too often because I don't get much use out of mine..I've got a dress, a skirt and an apron that i've made and for my closet lolita tendencies thats enough..(oh and a large clump of accessories)...but when i come across a great fabric I usually can't resist..

and oh yes, procrastinators aren't born. They're made. by gaia.
XD ..im supposed to be doing other things atm as well x.x

Anxious Codger

Currently most my lolita wardrobe is hand-made. I'll admit I'd been a little rusty with my sewing skills and it's good to be back behind the machine again. I'm currently procrastinating on finishing an open-back JSK in a yellow floral.

I've seen a lot of people asking about where to find and how to alter patterns. I'm wondering if it may be a good idea to share a list of some of the sewing and clothing tutorials and free patterns I've found that can be used for lolita fashion.

Kawaii Bunny

StrawberryRollerskates
Currently most my lolita wardrobe is hand-made. I'll admit I'd been a little rusty with my sewing skills and it's good to be back behind the machine again. I'm currently procrastinating on finishing an open-back JSK in a yellow floral.

I've seen a lot of people asking about where to find and how to alter patterns. I'm wondering if it may be a good idea to share a list of some of the sewing and clothing tutorials and free patterns I've found that can be used for lolita fashion.

I just sewed a yellow floral dress too! Yay for summery floral dresses!

A list would be a really good idea, it would be very helpful. smile

Kawaii Bunny

I've been sewing a lot this week, I've made 4 dresses in the last 5 days. Obviously they are really simple jsk's, so I haven't sewed anything fancy, but never mind.

I had too much fabric in my fabric box, so that's why I've been sewing too much, to use it up. I've used most of it, I've got one more bit to use so I'll sew a dress with that tomorrow.

Anxious Codger

Evil Goth Bunny
StrawberryRollerskates

Wondering if it'd be better to post some of those here, or start a free patterns thread for people to check out.

Friendly Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
Oh my, it's been such a long time since I've sewn something. I believe the last thing I sewed was a nice bow I needed for a coord I was putting together and couldn't afford to buy one brand new ;o; I really love making my own clothing, I need to get back into doing it again heart

Mega Noob

Finally getting around to posting my wrist cuffs

First time TAT
Next pair will be better.
StrawberryRollerskates
Evil Goth Bunny
StrawberryRollerskates

Wondering if it'd be better to post some of those here, or start a free patterns thread for people to check out.

That would be a great idea! I've got a few useful tutorials and pdf patterns somewhere in my browser bookmarks as well xd
To keep things as convenient and clear as possible a separate thread would be better, I think. Does involve a bit more work of course.. sweatdrop

Summery Girl

I'm actually modifying a skirt right now! Took off all the lace yesterday (really long, bad quality raschel), and today I'm either adding more shirring or taking all the shirring out.....I don't want to cut the fabric but I'm not a huge fan of shirring. We'll see!

Kawaii Bunny

I have finally finished my embroidered carousel dress. I've never had so much trouble with one dress, but it's finally done!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff