Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Hunter

firelily808
kakteed
firelily808
Most of the time I get compliments. I only got cat calls when I'm by myself sweatdrop

Ahhh, don't walk by yourself! (At least not at night time...) That's how you get raped! (Not, as publicly assumed, because you're wearing something revealing.)

I've never done any girl loli before because the dresses seemed so expensive, but I did boy loli once borrowing some of my friend's stuff and I got lots of compliments 3nodding

Ah, I should have explained better, I mean when I'm the only one wearing lolita with my friends ><
Didn't mean to worry you wink

blaugh No problem! Glad you cleared that up and stayed safe biggrin

Aki's Husband

Trash Goat

22,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
No More Dead Daves
Seykurami
No More Dead Daves
I used to get a lot of compliments. And then people realized I was a guy and were like "oh B["

On a somewhat related note, I've had a bald man ask me where I buy my hair dye.

Boys in lolita make me happy blaugh
I had an old lady I worked with in a printing service business ask me where I got my blue hair dye, because she wanted to dye hers xd

Unfortunately not everyone likes crossdressers.
Pfft I love seeing old people with cool hair.

It's sad.
I love crossdressers/crossdressing. It's a bit hard for me but I still have fun with it.

Me too XD

Sparkly Warrior

Puddle Pigs
edit- I should note I was in a makeup aisle of target

A girl I assume who looked 11-13 was taking my picture with her iphone, she awkwardly had the back of it pointed towards me. Not wanting to jump to conclusions I walked away from the aisle peeking from the corner of my eye to see the front of the screen, sure enough the phone was in camera app mode. I know to expect people staring and all when out in lolita but I always find it irritating to have my picture taken without asking/permission, especially when they try to hide the fact they are and LIE. I've had people ask me before with no problem but when you're sneaky about it I don't know where you're planning to post it, but what can I do?

After knowing she was taking video or pictures I just exclaimed that if she wanted to take my picture she only needed to ask. She seemed quite quick to say she wasn't and stumbling on words . I said nothing more and just shrugged and was going to continue on my way when her mother came from further down the aisle all in a huff with a stern voice with something a long the lines of "Don't talk to my daughter! She wasn't taking your picture!" I shouldn't have replied at all honestly thinking back and should of just kept going but I was a little irked especially with liars and replied back with something like " I know she was, because I have that phone and would never mistake that camera app screen ". The lady just snapped back with " Don't flatter yourself!" and kept squawking, from there on I just left because a mother isn't gonna back down in defense for her daughter no matter what, right or wrong :

Since then when people try to take my picture rudely I respond back with taking pictures of them myself with my phone now or moving my parasol in their way to cover my face.

Ugh, I would have said "I wouldn't go out of my way to call out your daughter in that way unless I was sure. But she obviously hasn't learned manners and minding her own business from you because you lack it as well."

Fashionable Hunter

No More Dead Daves
Seykurami
No More Dead Daves
I used to get a lot of compliments. And then people realized I was a guy and were like "oh B["

On a somewhat related note, I've had a bald man ask me where I buy my hair dye.

Boys in lolita make me happy blaugh
I had an old lady I worked with in a printing service business ask me where I got my blue hair dye, because she wanted to dye hers xd

Unfortunately not everyone likes crossdressers.
Pfft I love seeing old people with cool hair.

Sorry! I admit I'd be one of the people who would kind of weirded out on the street. I would try not to show it though, but sorry anyway. Give it/me time :/

Conservative Seeker

Lolita in public? Might as well call the rest of the circus.

I never have gotten compliments actually since I live within an area where 'gangsters' and 'yolo' followers are abundant in numbers. There were very few times where I actually got a compliment, but most people tend to make smart remarks as to why I dress differently and oddly enough their focus was mainly on my top hat and it's size.

"y dat hat so small on yo head gurl?"

I actually find this pretty hilarious though. My friends and I end up walking around looking like a 'cult' to some people since we all dress lolita or visual kei instead of dressing like we have 'swag'.
firelily808
Puddle Pigs

A girl I assume who looked 11-13 was taking my picture with her iphone, she awkwardly had the back of it pointed towards me. Not wanting to jump to conclusions I walked away from the aisle peeking from the corner of my eye to see the front of the screen, sure enough the phone was in camera app mode. I know to expect people staring and all when out in lolita but I always find it irritating to have my picture taken without asking/permission, especially when they try to hide the fact they are and LIE. I've had people ask me before with no problem but when you're sneaky about it I don't know where you're planning to post it, but what can I do?

After knowing she was taking video or pictures I just exclaimed that if she wanted to take my picture she only needed to ask. She seemed quite quick to say she wasn't and stumbling on words . I said nothing more and just shrugged and was going to continue on my way when her mother came from further down the aisle all in a huff with a stern voice with something a long the lines of "Don't talk to my daughter! She wasn't taking your picture!" I shouldn't have replied at all honestly thinking back and should of just kept going but I was a little irked especially with liars and replied back with something like " I know she was, because I have that phone and would never mistake that camera app screen ". The lady just snapped back with " Don't flatter yourself!" and kept squawking, from there on I just left because a mother isn't gonna back down in defense for her daughter no matter what, right or wrong :

Since then when people try to take my picture rudely I respond back with taking pictures of them myself with my phone now or moving my parasol in their way to cover my face.

Ugh, I would have said "I wouldn't go out of my way to call out your daughter in that way unless I was sure. But she obviously hasn't learned manners and minding her own business from you because you lack it as well."

Yea, there was no budging this lady or trying to convince her I knew what I saw . Everyone wants to assume their kid is never in the wrong. Aside that reaction and a lot of the usual stares and occasional giggles I get way more compliments. heart

Conservative Seeker

firelily808
Puddle Pigs

I dislike people who are like that. The mother didn't have to cause such a scene, nor did she or her daughter have to be so disrespectful towards you. I also have situations like these where people would take a video of me because of my attire or because I was dancing with my friends.

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
someone said i looked like a porcelain doll
then asked me out to tea
lol

Tipsy Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Wall Street 200
No More Dead Daves

Yeah .w. Just sort of. Okay man. Not gonna ask what you need dye for.

I wasn't even thinking about... that. Maybe it was for his gf or something burning_eyes
kakteed
firelily808
Most of the time I get compliments. I only got cat calls when I'm by myself sweatdrop

Ahhh, don't walk by yourself! (At least not at night time...) That's how you get raped! (Not, as publicly assumed, because you're wearing something revealing.)

I've never done any girl loli before because the dresses seemed so expensive, but I did boy loli once borrowing some of my friend's stuff and I got lots of compliments 3nodding

Actually that's not "how you get raped" as most rapes are committed by someone the victim knows and often in their own home or the home of someone they know. Are you going to start telling people to not ever have anybody over inorder not to be raped?

Fashionable Hunter

Sigmoonda
kakteed
firelily808

Actually that's not "how you get raped" as most rapes are committed by someone the victim knows and often in their own home or the home of someone they know. Are you going to start telling people to not ever have anybody over inorder not to be raped?

No s**t, but that wasn't the scenario laid out, was it? It wouldn't make sense to bring that up in conversation. Walking alone's not a good idea.

If you know someone uses lots of heavy, violent language why would you invite them over alone? Why would you go to their house alone?

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
*young girl timidly gets my attention*

"Um.... I like your outfit!" *RUNS back to mom*

This has happend to me at least 3 or 4 times!

I also had a little girl FREAK THE EFF OUT over my pink hair to her parents.

"Daddy Daddy, that lady has PINK HAIR! Her hair is PINK, Daddy!"

Timid Lunatic

I think the weirdest reaction I've had is someone thinking I was a mormon. I was in gothic lolita whilst in line for a Utada Hikaru concert. D: Can't really think of any other weird reactions, most of the time it was just compliments and asking what it was I was wearing.

Distinct Dabbler

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I've had a lot of good experiences while in lolita!
A lot of compliments, and kind questions. ♥

I've actually run into another lolita while wearing lolita. (She wasn't wearing lolita at the time, but she told me she was one, and we chatted a bit about the fashion. xD )

I think the most memorable experience was when I was walking on my campus, and a lady in her 50's or 60's just stopped in her tracks with a happy, but shocked expression, starring at me intently. (I wasn't sure if I was supposed to look back at her, or pretend not to notice...Lol) When I was close enough to her, she asked me if there was any reason why I was dressed like that. When I told her that I simply dressed like this just for fun/because I love the clothing, she just flooded me with compliments. ^ ^; ...It really just made my day. She was so lovely.

For me...This is one of my joys when wearing lolita.
The fact that I can make other people happy just by wearing what I love, it makes it feel even more worth it.

Friendly Smoker

Maaan... I'm so jealous of you people!

In the country I live, sadly, I don't get to wear lolita clothing too much, because, well, they're all too "closed minded" so to speak, if someone goes off the canon they have, it's just ridiculous and weird, or a costume, you get to make fun of, and well, it is also an insecure country, might get robbed as well if you stand out too much.

For me, it is seriously sad, it only gets that I go out wearing a skirt to have men telling me nasty and gross things, I guess you could compare most of people in here with "ganstas, yolos or swaggers" , also, having dumb girls making fun of me, even sometime people I know, trying to be "polite" but still mocking the way I dress.

Fortunately, I don't go out much, I work across the street and people around me are already used to how I dress, they give me compliments sometimes about the laces and ribbons.

Also, I'm moving to another country, so, yeah emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces