Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you had an experience in public while wearing Lolita that sticks out to you? I like hearing stories :B

Dedicated Loiterer

I used to get a lot of compliments. And then people realized I was a guy and were like "oh B["

On a somewhat related note, I've had a bald man ask me where I buy my hair dye.

Tipsy Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Wall Street 200
No More Dead Daves
I used to get a lot of compliments. And then people realized I was a guy and were like "oh B["

that's strange. about the hair dye, I mean...

Dedicated Loiterer

bayewulf
No More Dead Daves

that's strange. about the hair dye, I mean...

Yeah .w. Just sort of. Okay man. Not gonna ask what you need dye for.

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
â–„â–„ â–„â–„ â–„â–„ â–„â–„ â–„â–„ â–„â–„
사랑해요 ♥ Forever

I've gotten compliments before. c: from a mom that was with her itty bitty daughter. Her daughter was so cute, oggling me like I was a real life princess, oh my god. User Image User Image
She was so adorable.

User Image
Uh, I've only really worn the style twice so far.

The first time was at a ren faire, so I got nothing but compliments from people. I even got a free portrait from an artist there.

The second time, I was on my campus. I actually had nothing to do that day, but I wanted to try out a new coord. Apparently some girls I walked by were laughing at me, but I really didn't notice that until my friend pointed it out. And I still don't care, because I looked awesome.
Oh jesus, I do have some stories.

There was one time me and two of my other friends were walking around downtown all in sweet lolita and this guy driving by SCREECHED on the breaks, stopping in the middle of the road, and screamed at us "WHAT ARE YE?!" We were all like "PEOPLE?". He stopped traffic on one of the busiest streets downtown, almost caused an accident and everyone behind him was screeching on their horns. We looked that good I guess. XD

I've had a lot of old women come up to me and compliment me on my outfits and the balls it takes to walk around in them. XD

One time someone said I looked like a porcelain doll and I was so happy ; 3;

Aki's Husband

Trash Goat

22,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
No More Dead Daves

Boys in lolita make me happy blaugh
I had an old lady I worked with in a printing service business ask me where I got my blue hair dye, because she wanted to dye hers xd

Sensational Warlock

I've had nothing but compliments when I wear my full lolita outfits, although once I had a conversation with a mildly creepy homeless guy who wanted to know what circus I was Ringmaster of. Oh, and one person informing me it wasn't Halloween yet. I told them I knew that but I wanted a jump start, it was early October.

Aki's Husband

Trash Goat

22,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I haven't gotten to wear any yet. But I can't waiiiit 4laugh I'm about to start making my dress (。◕‿◕。)b
Unrelated, I have gotten lots of weird stares and comments about cosplays, and that was in my more tame ones xp

Sparkly Warrior

Most of the time I get compliments. I only got cat calls when I'm by myself sweatdrop

Fashionable Hunter

firelily808
Most of the time I get compliments. I only got cat calls when I'm by myself sweatdrop

Ahhh, don't walk by yourself! (At least not at night time...) That's how you get raped! (Not, as publicly assumed, because you're wearing something revealing.)

I've never done any girl loli before because the dresses seemed so expensive, but I did boy loli once borrowing some of my friend's stuff and I got lots of compliments 3nodding
edit- I should note I was in a makeup aisle of target

A girl I assume who looked 11-13 was taking my picture with her iphone, she awkwardly had the back of it pointed towards me. Not wanting to jump to conclusions I walked away from the aisle peeking from the corner of my eye to see the front of the screen, sure enough the phone was in camera app mode. I know to expect people staring and all when out in lolita but I always find it irritating to have my picture taken without asking/permission, especially when they try to hide the fact they are and LIE. I've had people ask me before with no problem but when you're sneaky about it I don't know where you're planning to post it, but what can I do?

After knowing she was taking video or pictures I just exclaimed that if she wanted to take my picture she only needed to ask. She seemed quite quick to say she wasn't and stumbling on words . I said nothing more and just shrugged and was going to continue on my way when her mother came from further down the aisle all in a huff with a stern voice with something a long the lines of "Don't talk to my daughter! She wasn't taking your picture!" I shouldn't have replied at all honestly thinking back and should of just kept going but I was a little irked especially with liars and replied back with something like " I know she was, because I have that phone and would never mistake that camera app screen ". The lady just snapped back with " Don't flatter yourself!" and kept squawking, from there on I just left because a mother isn't gonna back down in defense for her daughter no matter what, right or wrong :

Since then when people try to take my picture rudely I respond back with taking pictures of them myself with my phone now or moving my parasol in their way to cover my face.

Sparkly Warrior

kakteed
firelily808

Ahhh, don't walk by yourself! (At least not at night time...) That's how you get raped! (Not, as publicly assumed, because you're wearing something revealing.)

I've never done any girl loli before because the dresses seemed so expensive, but I did boy loli once borrowing some of my friend's stuff and I got lots of compliments 3nodding

Ah, I should have explained better, I mean when I'm the only one wearing lolita with my friends ><
Didn't mean to worry you wink

Dedicated Loiterer

Seykurami
No More Dead Daves

Boys in lolita make me happy blaugh
I had an old lady I worked with in a printing service business ask me where I got my blue hair dye, because she wanted to dye hers xd

Unfortunately not everyone likes crossdressers.
Pfft I love seeing old people with cool hair.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff