Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Currently sewing a Kuro JSK. I would take a photo... but it's black on black and doesn't show up well. besides, I have yet to sew the skirt to the bodice yet. Let alone do the lining.
My last purchase was a petticoat from Malco Modes. I need to edit it though, it's too long and a-lined when I want a cupcake shape.
My dream dresses are Meta's March of the Ducks OP and AP's French Cafe OP (But that's a dream to never come true because of my size).

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Zebra Box Dinosaur
Currently sewing a Kuro JSK. I would take a photo... but it's black on black and doesn't show up well. besides, I have yet to sew the skirt to the bodice yet. Let alone do the lining.
My last purchase was a petticoat from Malco Modes. I need to edit it though, it's too long and a-lined when I want a cupcake shape.
My dream dresses are Meta's March of the Ducks OP and AP's French Cafe OP (But that's a dream to never come true because of my size).

I love kuro, but it really is a pain to photograph XD What style JSK is it?

As for French Cafe, it's SUPER generously sized... a friend with a 40" bust had the OP, and she had room to spare in it. So don't get discouraged <3

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
wonderfinch
KT Kawaii

Aw, everything looks so cute! I especially love that first Bodyline dress, I'd really like to add it to my wardrobe. The fairy print on it is so cute and the collar is darling! And I don't really do gyaru, but I love reading Egg c: I always think it's really inspirational to look at other Japanese fashions for inspirations- there's always something cool to be found, even if it's not something I can incorporate into my daily look.

As for brand being expensive, if BL's in your budget you can probably afford it c: BL's dresses generally range from $60-$100 and used brand can easily be found in that price range. Brand isn't the ~*only*~ thing in lolita, though! There are a ton of cute Taobao brands that make really adorable, custom sweet prints of great quality, but charge similar prices to BL~
Yeah I love that one too, I wish I had gotten it this summer because it would have been perfect for a really hot day. I like to do a Gyaru-Lolita mix. Can't wait to get it ^^

I think I would like to try brand because I just don't have any yet and I've been into Lolita for about two years now and only had Bodyline. There are some cute things on Lolita Sales in English (a Facebook sales group) and I'm going to check EGL as well.

5,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
wonderfinch
Zebra Box Dinosaur

I love kuro, but it really is a pain to photograph XD What style JSK is it?

As for French Cafe, it's SUPER generously sized... a friend with a 40" bust had the OP, and she had room to spare in it. So don't get discouraged <3
It's like the Little Bear's Cafe JSK Style. I want it to be sweet (So I can work it in with the pieces I already have) But still have it be Kuro. I love it because it could work with multiple substyles depending on how I coordinate it.

T__T JUST 4 MORE INCHES MANNN! xD I swear French Cafe is my thinspiration! (Stay focuseddd!) >:C

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
I have quite a few purchases in the mail, but this one is most recently shipped;

User Image

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
KT Kawaii
Yeah I love that one too, I wish I had gotten it this summer because it would have been perfect for a really hot day. I like to do a Gyaru-Lolita mix. Can't wait to get it ^^

I think I would like to try brand because I just don't have any yet and I've been into Lolita for about two years now and only had Bodyline. There are some cute things on Lolita Sales in English (a Facebook sales group) and I'm going to check EGL as well.

Ah, that sounds like it could be cool ^^ I've seen himegal mixed with lolita before and it looked really fantastic... I'd be too afraid to try mixing more haadi-style items with lolita, though XD

As for buying, I'm probably biased because I'm in charge of it, but I'd really recommend the LJ sales comm over FB ^^ The FB mods are less hands-on and a lot of scammers go there to sell their items, and there's no feedback so you can't tell who's a good seller and who's not. I've had some successful transactions on there before, but I've had a majority of my crappy transactions on FB, not LJ DX

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Zebra Box Dinosaur
It's like the Little Bear's Cafe JSK Style. I want it to be sweet (So I can work it in with the pieces I already have) But still have it be Kuro. I love it because it could work with multiple substyles depending on how I coordinate it.

T__T JUST 4 MORE INCHES MANNN! xD I swear French Cafe is my thinspiration! (Stay focuseddd!) >:C

Ah, I love the style of the LBC JSK (I have it in pink!)! That will be so cute, and it would definitely go easily from sweet to gothic, and you could probably even work it into classic. I love when JSKs can be used in multiple styles- you get more bang for your buck, lol.

Aw, man, you can do it <3 Obviously stay healthy, but if you're looking to lose weight that's definitely an attainable goal c: A minimizing bra may also help a bit!

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Celadonia
I have quite a few purchases in the mail, but this one is most recently shipped...

Ah, that's such a lovely skirt! The print is gorgeous and the polka-dot belt really reminds me of Fantastic Dolly and other retro-style pieces. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it?

Profitable Businessman

wonderfinch
KT Kawaii

Ah, that sounds like it could be cool ^^ I've seen himegal mixed with lolita before and it looked really fantastic... I'd be too afraid to try mixing more haadi-style items with lolita, though XD

As for buying, I'm probably biased because I'm in charge of it, but I'd really recommend the LJ sales comm over FB ^^ The FB mods are less hands-on and a lot of scammers go there to sell their items, and there's no feedback so you can't tell who's a good seller and who's not. I've had some successful transactions on there before, but I've had a majority of my crappy transactions on FB, not LJ DX

The FB sales group I use actually requires feedback to be posted now, but sometimes things slip under the mod's radar because as you say, they are less hands-on. Most of the feedback is posted from LJ anyways.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Almond Milks
The FB sales group I use actually requires feedback to be posted now, but sometimes things slip under the mod's radar because as you say, they are less hands-on. Most of the feedback is posted from LJ anyways.

Yeah, just, realistically speaking, most of the FB groups are so fast-paced that the mods just can't keep track of all the posts- which makes feedback and so on a real problem, because it must be impossible to check for it >w<

As an aside, that really bugs me when people use our resources elsewhere. I don't go after people for it because that would be dumb and vindictive, but I feel like a lot of those people fail to remember that they wouldn't have any feedback, or a feedback page, if they hadn't used LJ at some point in time. So it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when people make new groups but copy-paste our rules or encourage members to use our resources.

Profitable Businessman

wonderfinch
Almond Milks

Yeah, just, realistically speaking, most of the FB groups are so fast-paced that the mods just can't keep track of all the posts- which makes feedback and so on a real problem, because it must be impossible to check for it >w<

As an aside, that really bugs me when people use our resources elsewhere. I don't go after people for it because that would be dumb and vindictive, but I feel like a lot of those people fail to remember that they wouldn't have any feedback, or a feedback page, if they hadn't used LJ at some point in time. So it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when people make new groups but copy-paste our rules or encourage members to use our resources.

I can totally see your point, and I've heard someone say that before. It probably sucks to put a lot of hard work into something only to have people use your stuff to promote using another sales group, it's kind of weird. I personally just use Facebook because I don't have a LJ account at the moment. I just lurk certain groups, but I rarely have anything to post. It would be solved if facebook had some way of leaving feedback, but that's the major flaw in FB as a platform for sales.

Bashful Friend

2,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100
ty for posting this biggrin

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Almond Milks
wonderfinch
I can totally see your point, and I've heard someone say that before. It probably sucks to put a lot of hard work into something only to have people use your stuff to promote using another sales group, it's kind of weird. I personally just use Facebook because I don't have a LJ account at the moment. I just lurk certain groups, but I rarely have anything to post. It would be solved if facebook had some way of leaving feedback, but that's the major flaw in FB as a platform for sales.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it so much, but most of those alternate sales groups are made by people who publicly and viciously insult EGL's mods, or who were banned from EGL for scamming. Like, why use our system if you hate it so much?

I would recommend joining LJ just for sales, you don't have to say anything and since there is a more "hands-on" approach from mods there (in my very very biased opinion, anyways!), I think even if you just do 1-2 buying transactions to build a bit of feedback it makes you look much more reputable c:

IMO FB has a lot of issues as a platform for sales- there's no FB, you can't search for things, there's no fairness when it comes to which posts stay at the top, there are SO MANY posts that it's impossible to go through, it's SO EASY to make a second account if you get banned and there's NO WAY to check... I would love to see a lolita-style eBay site but lack the skills to make it happen myself.

Distinct Dabbler

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Oh my goodness! It has been far too long since I've last purchased an outfit. Almost a year!

Hehe...Since my two year anniversary of being a lolita is in a month, I thought I outta spoil myself silly! >u< ♥

Here's my haul! :3 I literally bought these like 10 minutes ago. Hehe...

User Image
User Image
User Image

GAAAAAH~ I freaking LOVE these dresses (and blouse)! I cannot wait for them to get to me. ♥_♥ I have been pining over them for so long...FINALLY THEY WILL BE MINE! >:,D BWAHAHA!

My classic wardrobe really needed some beefing up. These will do lovely. xD

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Tanaie
Oh my goodness! It has been far too long since I've last purchased an outfit. Almost a year!

Hehe...Since my two year anniversary of being a lolita is in a month, I thought I outta spoil myself silly! >u< ♥

Here's my haul! :3 I literally bought these like 10 minutes ago. Hehe...

GAAAAAH~ I freaking LOVE these dresses (and blouse)! I cannot wait for them to get to me. ♥_♥ I have been pining over them for so long...FINALLY THEY WILL BE MINE! >:,D BWAHAHA!

My classic wardrobe really needed some beefing up. These will do lovely. xD

All of those look lovely- I've been eyeing that first dress for a while, though I was going to buy it straight from Taobao because I need custom sizing XD Your classic wardrobe will look great with those! And happy loli-versary!

Now that you mention it, this month marks the fifth anniversary of the first time I wore lolita XD Time flies when you're having fun, I guess~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff