Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I love seeing what people buy and make in lolita, so I figured I would make a little thread. The title's pretty self-explanatory, just post the most recent thing that you've made or purchased, or that you want to buy ^^ I'd especially love to see handmade things and offbrand buys because it's always so wonderful to see people get creative with lolita!

For me, I've recently bought two pieces from Angelic Pretty's Polka Dot Chocolate series: the salopette and onepiece in pink. I wasn't planning on buying both, but I fell in love with them for very different reasons and got them for very cheap XD I also got two pairs of socks, a ring, and a barrette to match.

As for made items, I'm currently working on crocheting roughly a mile of lace for a pair of gold kodona pants! My goal is to finish by Christmas, hahaha.

How about you guys? What have you bought lately? What are you working on? What are you lusting after?

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I just bought Innocent World's Emblem Embroidery JSK in what I'm pretty sure is brown... even though the photos at the second hand shop's site looked like black, because as far as I know, the black one had black lace, and this had white or cream. That said, one thing I can't stand about second hand shopping is just how hard it is to tell which colorway some IW stuff is just from photos. gonk

As well as some stuff from the Putumayo summer sale (Stripe 2WAY Halter JSK in red x navy x gold, Stripe Ribbon Brooch in red x navy x gold, and Putumayo Shoulder Ribbon Line Cutsew in red.)

Some accessories on Mbok (Letter Regimental Barrette in wine, Star Night Necklace in red, and Star Night Bangle in red ), some two-way stars (Blue glitter & Metalic dark pink) and their chunky round bead bracelets (all 4 colors xd ) from 6% DokiDoki ...and a few more from Paris Kids (a lace hair clip in rose x cream and a Navy themed hair bow in Navy x cream) and chocomint (a bunch of classic necklaces).

...and BTSSB's Dynamic Lolita Boston Bag, which I'm super excited about because it goes so well with all my oldschool IW crown stuff. xd

((I try to make my shopping service send things as infrequently as they will permit to save on shipping so this is a while's worth of stuff. xd ))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I bought the red Angelic Pretty Sweet Jam skirt with the matching headbow. Very cute. And I just bought the Swimmer pink present ribbon handbag, although it's not technically brand.

I was in the middle of thinking of starting to make bloomers, but now my time is being consumed with my halloween costume. I don't normally sew so I just started making a practice dress out a bedsheet before I do the real thing XD

my dream dress is the Alice Bruges jsk in blue, but it was sold out when I went to go buy it. If I ever saw it on the comm sales I don't think I could resist :<

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Raine Dragon
I just bought Innocent World's Emblem Embroidery JSK in what I'm pretty sure is brown... even though the photos at the second hand shop's site looked like black, because as far as I know, the black one had black lace, and this had white or cream. That said, one thing I can't stand about second hand shopping is just how hard it is to tell which colorway some IW stuff is just from photos. gonk

As well as some stuff from the Putumayo summer sale (Stripe 2WAY Halter JSK in red x navy x gold, Stripe Ribbon Brooch in red x navy x gold, and Putumayo Shoulder Ribbon Line Cutsew in red.)

Some accessories on Mbok (Letter Regimental Barrette in wine, Star Night Necklace in red, and Star Night Bangle in red ), some two-way stars (Blue glitter & Metalic dark pink) and their chunky round bead bracelets (all 4 colors xd ) from 6% DokiDoki ...and a few more from Paris Kids (a lace hair clip in rose x cream and a Navy themed hair bow in Navy x cream) and chocomint (a bunch of classic necklaces).

...and BTSSB's Dynamic Lolita Boston Bag, which I'm super excited about because it goes so well with all my oldschool IW crown stuff. xd

((I try to make my shopping service send things as infrequently as they will permit to save on shipping so this is a while's worth of stuff. xd ))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All the Putu stuff is so cool! I love seeing when people buy from them because they're not so common here. I'm also madly jealous of the Letter Regimental bow- I have a bunch of the jewelry from that series but I'm in love with the dresses and accessories.

I do the same thing with shopping services, haha XD I just bought the infamous Meta Die Walkure skirt, and while I'm excited to get it I'm waiting because saving on shipping is stupid important to me.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Fire glow
I bought the red Angelic Pretty Sweet Jam skirt with the matching headbow. Very cute. And I just bought the Swimmer pink present ribbon handbag, although it's not technically brand.

I was in the middle of thinking of starting to make bloomers, but now my time is being consumed with my halloween costume. I don't normally sew so I just started making a practice dress out a bedsheet before I do the real thing XD

my dream dress is the Alice Bruges jsk in blue, but it was sold out when I went to go buy it. If I ever saw it on the comm sales I don't think I could resist :<

Ah, Sweet Jam is one of my favorites!

Good luck with your costume <3 What are you making?

As for Alice Bruges, I know that BTSSB SF had most of the pieces in stock in blue when I went last week.... if you're in the US or Canada, it may be worth giving them a call to see if they still have it.

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
wonderfinch
Raine Dragon

All the Putu stuff is so cool! I love seeing when people buy from them because they're not so common here. I'm also madly jealous of the Letter Regimental bow- I have a bunch of the jewelry from that series but I'm in love with the dresses and accessories.

I do the same thing with shopping services, haha XD I just bought the infamous Meta Die Walkure skirt, and while I'm excited to get it I'm waiting because saving on shipping is stupid important to me.

I find putu's quality can be a little hit-and-miss, to be honest, so I try to only buy sale stuff. >.> then I don't feel so bad / lose a ton of money if I have to sell it.

I love the Letter Regimental Jewelry but I have a metal allergy and I'm afraid it wouldn't work out for me. I was sorely tempted to get the bracelet... Anyways, I don't have anything else from that series (though I do like it a lot). I actually got the bow to go with Innocent World's Rabbit Letter JSK in Red. xd

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Raine Dragon
I find putu's quality can be a little hit-and-miss, to be honest, so I try to only buy sale stuff. >.> then I don't feel so bad / lose a ton of money if I have to sell it.

I love the Letter Regimental Jewelry but I have a metal allergy and I'm afraid it wouldn't work out for me. I was sorely tempted to get the bracelet... Anyways, I don't have anything else from that series (though I do like it a lot). I actually got the bow to go with Innocent World's Rabbit Letter JSK in Red. xd

Ah, fair enough! I've only bought a couple cutsews with them, I just really rarely see their stuff for sale XD

I have a horrible metal allergy, but I typically wear the necklace over a blouse and the rings over gloves so it works out okay. The rings give me hives on my hands if I wear them for too long, but they're so lovely that I'm determined to make it work >w< The bow will go perfectly with that JSK!

Profitable Businessman

I'm working on a coordinate with Country of Sweets.Here. I didn't include in that set that I'm also looking for a pink parasol and bag, as well as other accessories. I'm going to make a gigantic WTB post in the sales group soon.

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
wonderfinch
Raine Dragon

Ah, fair enough! I've only bought a couple cutsews with them, I just really rarely see their stuff for sale XD

I have a horrible metal allergy, but I typically wear the necklace over a blouse and the rings over gloves so it works out okay. The rings give me hives on my hands if I wear them for too long, but they're so lovely that I'm determined to make it work >w< The bow will go perfectly with that JSK!

Their cutsews are nice 3nodding

I got this in black x white a while back, and I was expecting the back ties to be black: http://www.lolibrary.org/node/10280
Unfortunately they are bright white cheap taffeta over interfacing gonk and the velveteen isn't that nice either. It's really generously shirred though, so I'm hoping someone who is less particular about shinny ribbons will want it. >.>; I need to make a sales listing on egl so badly it's not even funny. (I keep saying that and not doing it D=)

I wear my necklaces over blouses, and I paint my IW rings with clear nail polish.... it's the bracelet from that series that really stole my heart though, and I don't think I could keep it over my sleeve.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Almond Milks
I'm working on a coordinate with Country of Sweets.Here. I didn't include in that set that I'm also looking for a pink parasol and bag, as well as other accessories. I'm going to make a gigantic WTB post in the sales group soon.

Ah, that looks so cute- black x pink is one of my favorite color combinations! A pink bag and parasol will really be the perfect finishing touches 3nodding

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Raine Dragon

I got this in black x white a while back, and I was expecting the back ties to be black: http://www.lolibrary.org/node/10280
Unfortunately they are bright white cheap taffeta over interfacing gonk and the velveteen isn't that nice either. It's really generously shirred though, so I'm hoping someone who is less particular about shinny ribbons will want it. >.>; I need to make a sales listing on egl so badly it's not even funny. (I keep saying that and not doing it D=)

I wear my necklaces over blouses, and I paint my IW rings with clear nail polish.... it's the bracelet from that series that really stole my heart though, and I don't think I could keep it over my sleeve.

That's such a cute dress- what a pity about the quality! I would totally take it off your hands if full shirring didn't look so bad on me ;A; I do the same thing, I can never work myself up to getting rid of anything... I get too emotionally attached to my clothes. I'm kinda derp that way.

Yeah, the bracelet is adorable but I agree keeping it over your sleeve would be a pain... and it's not like you can paint it with clear polish! And AP seriously does use the crappiest metal on their rings.... I should buy more of their plastic stuff.

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
wonderfinch
Raine Dragon

That's such a cute dress- what a pity about the quality! I would totally take it off your hands if full shirring didn't look so bad on me ;A; I do the same thing, I can never work myself up to getting rid of anything... I get too emotionally attached to my clothes. I'm kinda derp that way.

Yeah, the bracelet is adorable but I agree keeping it over your sleeve would be a pain... and it's not like you can paint it with clear polish! And AP seriously does use the crappiest metal on their rings.... I should buy more of their plastic stuff.

I just get lazy about making sales posts... or more like I start making it, get guilty that I'm not programing and switch over to programing xd

Plastic Jewelry is amazing, and I love that it's like the norm for sweet. Speaking of which... I need to find more plastic french hooks so I can buy some cute lolita earrings and swap the hooks onto them (all the metal ones I've found in craft stores are just plated and I rub the plating off too fast D=)

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Raine Dragon
I just get lazy about making sales posts... or more like I start making it, get guilty that I'm not programing and switch over to programing xd

Plastic Jewelry is amazing, and I love that it's like the norm for sweet. Speaking of which... I need to find more plastic french hooks so I can buy some cute lolita earrings and swap the hooks onto them (all the metal ones I've found in craft stores are just plated and I rub the plating off too fast D=)

Haha, I sometimes do that with sales... I'll start making one, feel bad that I'm not approving others' sales posts, and then never get around to finishing mine. But more often than not I just waffle and change my mind!

I love plastic jewelry, but I have a hard time wearing it because I have really small hands and wrists... it often slips right off and there's no real way to make it smaller! Where do you find your plastic French hooks, by the way? That sounds like a really great solution to metal allergies!

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
wonderfinch
Raine Dragon

Haha, I sometimes do that with sales... I'll start making one, feel bad that I'm not approving others' sales posts, and then never get around to finishing mine. But more often than not I just waffle and change my mind!

I love plastic jewelry, but I have a hard time wearing it because I have really small hands and wrists... it often slips right off and there's no real way to make it smaller! Where do you find your plastic French hooks, by the way? That sounds like a really great solution to metal allergies!

I find AP's plastic bangles are smaller than Meta's and chocomint's... and then I use other bracelets (like the chunky bead sort) to force them to sit higher on my arm or lower on my hand so they can't get away. xd I don't know if my wrists are particularly small; they are ~14cm around?

I got the ones I had before at Michael's or Joannes a while ago, but it's been a few years. I don't know if they still sell them. Plus, they were all black. -___-;

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Raine Dragon
I find AP's plastic bangles are smaller than Meta's and chocomint's... and then I use other bracelets (like the chunky bead sort) to force them to sit higher on my arm or lower on my hand so they can't get away. xd I don't know if my wrists are particularly small; they are ~14cm around?

I got the ones I had before at Michael's or Joannes a while ago, but it's been a few years. I don't know if they still sell them. Plus, they were all black. -___-;

I basically exclusively buy AP's plastic jewelry, but their rings are so big that I basically can't wear them without gloves and the same goes for the bangles... I may steal your chunky bracelet trick, though! I often sell off my plastic jewelry, but I can't bear to get rid of my Enchanted Castle bangle so that sounds like a good way to make it stick c:

Ah, that's a little weird, haha, but at least they're not clear? It's good to know they're so easy to find, though, thank you c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff