Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Sex Symbol

I'm looking for some budget Lolita items, particularly skirts, that are plus size friendly. I've been to Taobao but everything seems too small for the most part. Bodyline is too sweet. F+F would be okay if I were absolutely sure about some of the quality of the pieces.

Are there any other budget and plus size friendly places I should look into?

Any plus sized friendly brand pieces that won't be difficult to get used for under $200?

I forgot to mention that I'm roughly a 86cm waist but trying to get down to an 80cm
My recommendation is to look for Taobao stores that will do custom sizing. Here is a spreadsheet someone complied, and as you can see, there are actually many Taobao stores that will offer it. There are some cheap indie brands that also offer custom sizing- Lady Sloth is one that comes to mind. There are some brands, such as MAM and Chantilly, that are plus-sized, but obviously tend to be more pricey. But if you have cash to spend in the future and are looking to get quality garments, I heavily recommend Chantilly (I believe they're known as Enchantillic Enchantilly now) because their garments are beautiful.

Devoted Sex Symbol

Chaotic Wishes
My recommendation is to look for Taobao stores that will do custom sizing. Here is a spreadsheet someone complied, and as you can see, there are actually many Taobao stores that will offer it. There are some cheap indie brands that also offer custom sizing- Lady Sloth is one that comes to mind. There are some brands, such as MAM and Chantilly, that are plus-sized, but obviously tend to be more pricey. But if you have cash to spend in the future and are looking to get quality garments, I heavily recommend Chantilly (I believe they're known as Enchantillic Enchantilly now) because their garments are beautiful.

Thankyou very much! That's super helpful! <3

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Enchantlic Enchantilly isn't a plus size brand. Some of their shirred OPs go up to 110 in the bust but they don't accommodate shoulders over 36 cm well at all and most of their skirts do not go over 100 cm which doesn't sound small until you realise that there's no zip. If you feel up to putting one in then you can do that, but I can't call 39 inch hips or bust "plus-sized" because that's like a size 12 or a 34D bra.
Look for Metamorphose's miniskirts with elastic waistbands. There are a lot of prints that are classic/gothic and the skirts accommodate up to about 95-105cm in the waist. I was 87cm in the waist starting out in lolita and wore their skirts. smile They typically go for less because they are skirts, lucky pack skirts are generally cheap too. Meta's pretty awesome though, they have a lot of full shirred releases quite often (though I suggest sticking with dark colors with full shirring, I can make them work with my corset without looking lumpy or boobloafy but if it were lighter in color it'd be a different story) Their full back shirring should fit fine.

For dresses, you could look into Innocent World if you're more into classic. But being plus sized, you're going to need to invest in boleros. Their bodices are like tubes and give horrible boobloaf. But I've always just used boleros and cardigans to cover it if it's a piece I'm really fond of otherwise. AP has been releasing more items that are leaning more toward mature styles lately and there's been many releases that are plus size friendly. Just keep your eyes peeled for them and wait, you might be able to find them for cheaper 2nd hand down the road.

Devoted Sex Symbol

tehrin
Look for Metamorphose's miniskirts with elastic waistbands. There are a lot of prints that are classic/gothic and the skirts accommodate up to about 95-105cm in the waist. I was 87cm in the waist starting out in lolita and wore their skirts. smile They typically go for less because they are skirts, lucky pack skirts are generally cheap too. Meta's pretty awesome though, they have a lot of full shirred releases quite often (though I suggest sticking with dark colors with full shirring, I can make them work with my corset without looking lumpy or boobloafy but if it were lighter in color it'd be a different story) Their full back shirring should fit fine.

For dresses, you could look into Innocent World if you're more into classic. But being plus sized, you're going to need to invest in boleros. Their bodices are like tubes and give horrible boobloaf. But I've always just used boleros and cardigans to cover it if it's a piece I'm really fond of otherwise. AP has been releasing more items that are leaning more toward mature styles lately and there's been many releases that are plus size friendly. Just keep your eyes peeled for them and wait, you might be able to find them for cheaper 2nd hand down the road.

I looked into innocent world but all of the dresses I liked seemed to be for super tiny people. :
That Cat Who Eats Ramen

I looked into innocent world but all of the dresses I liked seemed to be for super tiny people. :

When they do have full back shirring, it can go pretty far. Usually about 110-115 in the bust and about 90-100 in the waist. But yeah, lately I've not been seeing many things released that have full back shirring. I'm right at that point where I'm slightly too big to fit into the partial shirring (need a few cms for wiggle room) and... augh. :/

You can definately look second hand, try looking through lolibrary or hellolace to find the dresses with back shirring and keep a shopping list to help you find those. You can also always post a WTB on one of the sales comms, like "Looking for IW items with full back shirring here is my budget" and you'll probably find some stuff!

NyanPantsu's Senpai

I'm a plus size and I know the feel. A website that I really liked was CosplayShopper.Com
They're shipping is super fast and they're just amazing in General. They're selection on Lolita and a bunch of japanese fashion is huge. They do tailoring for $15 on 99% of their stuff. <3
I got my tailored lolita dress from them and it's litterally beyond perfect.

Dapper Noob

LazyPikachew
I'm a plus size and I know the feel. A website that I really liked was CosplayShopper.Com
They're shipping is super fast and they're just amazing in General. They're selection on Lolita and a bunch of japanese fashion is huge. They do tailoring for $15 on 99% of their stuff. <3

Don't buy from that store.
Buying lolita from any shop that advertises itself as cosplay just means you're going to get a terrible quality dress that isn't even lolita.

I took once glance at that website and it's full of stolen images and ita lace monsters.
Barely any of that qualifies as lolita.

---

OP;
Have you looked into Anna House at all?
I own a few of their pieces and they're all very good quality for what I paid.

I've also gotten some stuff from F+F before and only one thing was off in quality.
If you have anything you're looking for specifically off that website I may be able to help you since they use similar materials throughout their designs and several folks I know own varying things.

Devoted Sex Symbol

The Marquise
LazyPikachew

Don't buy from that store.
Buying lolita from any shop that advertises itself as cosplay just means you're going to get a terrible quality dress that isn't even lolita.

I took once glance at that website and it's full of stolen images and ita lace monsters.
Barely any of that qualifies as lolita.

---

OP;
Have you looked into Anna House at all?
I own a few of their pieces and they're all very good quality for what I paid.

I've also gotten some stuff from F+F before and only one thing was off in quality.
If you have anything you're looking for specifically off that website I may be able to help you since they use similar materials throughout their designs and several folks I know own varying things.

I actually decided to purchase from F+F and I got a layered skirt. They said it was made of dull silk and it's really smooth. I'm wearing it here with a really bad a-line petti my mum and I threw together before a convention last year. I bought a bell petti from MeLikesTea and it should be shipped today or tomorrow so I'll have it for my first meet and for the next convention I go to.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Noob

Good to hear!

The new petticoat will really help. I've heard great things about MeLikesTea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff