Welcome to Gaia! ::

tehrin

Full shirred things should fit at 120cm, I've heard of a lot of full shirred things going up to 130cm, so that gives you a little more leeway so it's not entirely stretched. I'm not sure about skirts though. The biggest skirts I know of are Meta's full shirred skirts which are easy to get ahold of and lucky pack skirts can be cheap. They may fit you. I owned my first Meta skirt when I was a 97cm waist and it fit me with some room to spare. I'm not sure about the hips though, since there are no zippers it would be hard to get on.

And yeah as far as I know, they re-opened their etsy shop. smile I wasn't into Lolita at the time when they were around though.

I found my corset and managed to get my waist down to 96cm.... maybe if i can find my spanx it'll take my hips down a bit! My chest isn't going anywhere tho and that's the biggest problem! Also i dunno if the busks on the corset will poke awkwardly through the outfit. I guess i need to find a flattening sports bra or something....
ravynchandra
tehrin

Full shirred things should fit at 120cm, I've heard of a lot of full shirred things going up to 130cm, so that gives you a little more leeway so it's not entirely stretched. I'm not sure about skirts though. The biggest skirts I know of are Meta's full shirred skirts which are easy to get ahold of and lucky pack skirts can be cheap. They may fit you. I owned my first Meta skirt when I was a 97cm waist and it fit me with some room to spare. I'm not sure about the hips though, since there are no zippers it would be hard to get on.

And yeah as far as I know, they re-opened their etsy shop. smile I wasn't into Lolita at the time when they were around though.

I found my corset and managed to get my waist down to 96cm.... maybe if i can find my spanx it'll take my hips down a bit! My chest isn't going anywhere tho and that's the biggest problem! Also i dunno if the busks on the corset will poke awkwardly through the outfit. I guess i need to find a flattening sports bra or something....

I usually wear corsets. I just wear them under my blouse and over a camisole (laayyyerrrs) I've never had an issue with the busk poking out. I like using the compression sports bras from Target. It gets me down a good 4-5cm. Bali has good minimizer bras as well. They are super-helpful! :3
tehrin
ravynchandra
tehrin

I usually wear corsets. I just wear them under my blouse and over a camisole (laayyyerrrs) I've never had an issue with the busk poking out. I like using the compression sports bras from Target. It gets me down a good 4-5cm. Bali has good minimizer bras as well. They are super-helpful! :3

I got some shapewear shorts and a sports bra from lane bryant (bali and target don't carry 40H ._. i am cursed with expensive and hard-to-find bras :< wink Its good that the busk won't poke out!
it's such a shame that there aren't many sites or shops that cater to plus sized people looking to dress in Lolita style. I've had the same problems and worries, since I've always wanted to get into Lolita fashion, myself, but too scared to, due to my weight class being just one of the issues.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
If you can get patterns then having lolita outfits made by a local dressmaker will be usually cheaper than buying ready-made, and a good dressmaker can size up the patterns for you. If you have a textile/fashion college near you then put up an advert there, there will be students wanting to expand their portfolio and will do it cheaply or even for free. Good luck heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff