Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Conversationalist

wonderfinch
If you're interested in getting a Malco Modes petti, I'd suggest searching eBay and Google for one before opting for Vivcore. Her prices are a bit high and her shipping times can be a bit long ^^

As for the VGD pettis, they don't peek out. at 5'6" I find they're a nice length for wearing under my lolita pieces and they provide poof but stop at the right point. My Malco Modes offers nice poof and is very sturdy, but it's frankly a pain to deal with and it sticks out all the time >w< I think it's a matter of personal preference and body frame but at my present size I like the VGD petti I have better than my Malco Modes one.

I did actually, while I was hunting down different petticoat reviews and price comparison options, unfortunately I didn't really find anything cheaper than the Vivcore price, I did find a few that were more expensive though c': I think Vivcore is just easier and convenient for me, and it'll be a Christmas present so a long shipping wait isn't even a hair flip~ I appreciate the feedback and warning though!

A VGD petticoat (or two since others have said they like to layer theirs for fun poof) is officially slotted in my next petticoat related purchase when I'm next able~! I want to try out all the different petti options and hopefully banking on parental and familial generosity on holidays and special occasions I'll be able to start a reasonable wardrobe within the next year ovo Now if only I could find more suitable blouses I like :B

Tiny Kitten

11,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Milady Alluca
AngelCyra
I received my VictorianGirlDress petticoat about two weeks ago. I would say that it is fine for standard poofage, but I layer it over another petticoat for maximum cupcake form. whee I think two would be great to achieve the look, but I already had another one laying around so I just bought one from them. Oh, and if you aren't on the tall side like me, the petticoat might be a little long. It's easy enough to roll the top elastic, but still worth mentioning. It sits comfortably when rolled too, so that should not be a concern. Good luck to ya! ^_^

Thanks so much for the feedback, I will keep this in mind when I get a third petticoat as I'm going with two different options now. With all the good marks for Victorian Girl Dress I'm sure when that opportunity arises I won't be disappointed c:
I'm glad you mentioned if the elastic can be rolled, I'm not sure where I fall on the tall or short side of things so it's good to know just in case :>
Could I offer you maybe avatar art or a request drawing as my way of thanks?

As far as height reference goes, I'm somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9", with more legs than torso going on for me. And I second the comment on how comfortable it is. The top part that can be rolled is a soft silky material, as well as the inner slip. The "fluff" part is very light and airy and squishy. I just love it! I feel like a little cloud in it before I put on my skirt. I wouldn't turn down an offer of free avi art. wink Maybe if you do draw my avi, you could add my Kiki Kitty? I couldn't find a way to integrate it into my outfit without it looking too cluttered...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Questionable Conversationalist

Eruravenne
Honestly, as long as you ask nicely and sound like you will actually take the advice offered into consideration, people here will love you, heheh.

Yeah, I figured you probably had, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway, just in case. That is definitely a downside with them, they are expensive compared to other shopping services. They just seem so easy to use, I figured for the first time I order, it'll be worth it. Then, once I have a little experience, I can try somewhere else.

Classic is my favorite style as well. I love florals to death, lol. And I cry over Rose Melody blouses, too. xd I actually want this swan JSK by them, as well. Hime Lolita is another favorite style of mine (my inner five year old's favorite, lol). I don't really know that much about it because I've only recently started looking into it, but that JSK makes me think of a princess, so I'm gonna just say that it's Hime. sweatdrop And I also spend a lot of time sighing over Elpress L, White Moon (such cute Country styles!), R-Series and Infanta...

I'm not sure what I'm going to buy first, since I'm guessing there will be some new things in stock by the time I'm ready to order, but the first style I want to get is something Classic and not too expensive so I can wear it frequently without worrying too much about ruining it. I want an OP first because I can use offbrand accessories with it until I can afford more Lolita stuff. Then I want to make myself a skirt and buy a blouse or two and maybe some shoes or a bag (maybe even brand! eek ). Then I'll just kind of go from there. I think most of my accessories will be off brand or I'll make them. Luckily for me, I'm pretty crafty, heh.

One of my biggest fears with Taobao, though, is that I'll but a replica without realizing it, because I don't know all the brand designs. But I think it's mostly Sweet prints that are replicated, so it'll probably be ok... ninja

I love that browns and muted dark colors are not out of place in classic, florals and shades of brown and some nice hints of lace just make me want to swoon ;u;

Qutieland definitely provides more stock and options, but that shipping is just killing me. My shipping quote from Clobba was cheaper for the Classical Puppets petticoat, it'd be about $58 alone, which is still saving $20 from Quiteland's price at least :'3 I've actually decided to order a JSK, too, thanks to some kind generosity from my parents ;u; My mom even wants to help me find blouses too, so lucky lucky QuQ Once I finish my order from Clobba I could let you know if it's difficult, I think they're easy as Qutieland is, and cheaper...and they currently do have that Rose Melody Swan Princess Embroidery JSK I on this page of their products, so maybe when you're finally read to order it'll still be there c:

Hime lolita can be so super duper cute, Helena Braginski - IAMCHARON is one of my favorite Hime lolitas~! She really does look like a princess haha.

That's really smart on getting a cheaper OP to be able to wear around without worry and not spend a lot on other accessories :'o I don't think I'll ever want to spend more than $150 on a JSK or OP because wearing something more expensive would have me pretty anxious ;~; Aw I'm jealous of your craftiness!

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
Milady Alluca
I love that browns and muted dark colors are not out of place in classic, florals and shades of brown and some nice hints of lace just make me want to swoon ;u;

Qutieland definitely provides more stock and options, but that shipping is just killing me. My shipping quote from Clobba was cheaper for the Classical Puppets petticoat, it'd be about $58 alone, which is still saving $20 from Quiteland's price at least :'3 I've actually decided to order a JSK, too, thanks to some kind generosity from my parents ;u; My mom even wants to help me find blouses too, so lucky lucky QuQ Once I finish my order from Clobba I could let you know if it's difficult, I think they're easy as Qutieland is, and cheaper...and they currently do have that Rose Melody Swan Princess Embroidery JSK I on this page of their products, so maybe when you're finally read to order it'll still be there c:

Hime lolita can be so super duper cute, Helena Braginski - IAMCHARON is one of my favorite Hime lolitas~! She really does look like a princess haha.

That's really smart on getting a cheaper OP to be able to wear around without worry and not spend a lot on other accessories :'o I don't think I'll ever want to spend more than $150 on a JSK or OP because wearing something more expensive would have me pretty anxious ;~; Aw I'm jealous of your craftiness!

Yeah, I feel the same way... So pretty! emotion_kirakira

Well, I would appreciate it if you'd let me know how your Clobba order goes! I'm all for cheaper as long as it's not too hard. xd

Thanks for the link! I'm really gonna have to sign up for Tumblr one of these days. lol

And yeah, if I could muster the will to get off my lazy butt and make stuff, I could probably have an Etsy shop or something. But no... I have to be a bum and waste all my time on the internet... lol *failure* sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff