Welcome to Gaia! ::

That's sort of scary.

Aged Wench

12,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100

Fashionable Gawker

It looks like she put waaay too much glue on and her bottom lashes slid down, and then the glue dried. Looks awful.

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
oops!
she definitely put the lower lashes far too low
(or they fell?)
i love her lenses tho

Invisible Millionaire

9,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fashionable Lover

I love adding white eyeliner under the waterline and sometimes extending it a hair further for OTT (especially because being an Asian and wearing circle lenses you can still have eyes that look too small in OTT for my opinion) but what this girl has done is...extreme in a terrible way. I understand and adore white eyeliner but this is just...too much. I think this is a good thread though to show beginners that there is a right and wrong way to make your eyes appear larger and more doll-like.

Profitable Businessman

LOVE SHUFFLE
              I love adding white eyeliner under the waterline and sometimes extending it a hair further for OTT (especially because being an Asian and wearing circle lenses you can still have eyes that look too small in OTT for my opinion) but what this girl has done is...extreme in a terrible way. I understand and adore white eyeliner but this is just...too much. I think this is a good thread though to show beginners that there is a right and wrong way to make your eyes appear larger and more doll-like.

That was my intent with this thread. I was just using that girl as an example of a larger trend I've been seeing, usually western lolitas taking asian makeup tricks the wrong way, but then again I'm much more exposed to western lolitas, so it could very well be something that happens other places as well.

Fashionable Lover

I think this thread is very well intended. ^^ Plus with how many beginners are looking in this thread I think this will serve as a help to them.

I like white eyeliner and even white eyeshadow but too much looks bizarre or like a ganguro trying to become a lolita to me. I know in Hong Kong and Taiwan that lolita does have a small but strong following and all over Hong Kong you find magazines with Japanese make up tips in them (both Japanese and Chinese magazines mind you). So while I have never seen this extreme amount of white eyeliner used in either of those places I think it is still possible for Lolita to go disturbingly wrong in both areas. I have seen some of the best and some of the worst Qi-Lolita out of Hong Kong. (Some are quite lovely and by the book while others look like Milanoo on acid !!)

I think the main problem between Western and Eastern makeup is that most Asians do not have double eyelids and therefore how we apply makeup doesn't work on people who have double eyelids! Even Asians with double eyelids have to alter makeup techniques to work with their eye shape. It's a common problem I see from eyeliner application to eyeshadow. (And our eyes being different is just the beginning. Often our noses and cheekbones are different from Western faces too.) However, in this case I think it was just a case of a girl becoming a little too obsessed with making her eyes look huge.

High-functioning Lunatic

21,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
OH GOD KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS D;

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

My friend does her eyes like that. I think it looks cute on her. I don't like it on everyone though, I think it look like a mess if not done right or overdone.

I tried a softer version of it and it looked decent.

8,125 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
the way the Japanese does it is right, that girl is just doing it wrong

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items