Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Oh god. I see this all the time. What white people need to remember is that the lolita makeup is supposed to make Asian girls look Caucasian. So when we do super gaps in our falsies and circle lenses it just looks like we're aliens of some sort. xD
I wear OTT Sweet, and I extend my eyes BUT JUST A LITTLE BIT. I only lighten my waterline and inside corner. nothing else.

Also adding to the stupid makeup; I was watching a youtube makeup tutorial and a white girl was using eyelid tape.... I WAS SO CONFUSED. she already had double lids! WTH?!

5,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Puddle Pigs
That's just...yea
Her lashes are technically upside down also
Yeah I saw this on tumblr like a week ago and I noticed that as well. They're bottom lashes. They face down. neutral This girl obviously needs some work in the eyelash department. xD
wonderfinch
Almond Milks
Well I understand being like "Oh hey that's a bit rude." and that would be correct. It probably wasn't that great to post someone else's stuff, I just think it was an exaggeration. Like I'm ruining the lolita forum and turning it into /cgl/ by posting that.

Well, I think that was kind of her point.

This kind of makeup isn't all that uncommon and I KNOW I've seen a lolita using this kind of music in Ageha, so perhaps you could replace the photo in your initial image with one from a publication instead of pulling one from someone's personal photos? That way discussion about this kind of makeup can continue without it seeming like an attack on an individual. I'll try to find one if you give me a bit c:

EDIT: Here are a few examples from really public sources:
Michelle Phan Makeup Tutorial
From Ageha
Also from Ageha
Also from Ageha
Still from Ageha
Perhaps displaying one of these more public examples would make it more clear that you're trying to discuss a style of makeup, and not a specific individual or her look?

Thank you, that's exactly what I meant.

Lonely Phantom

Is there a context for this makeup job? I don't know where you pulled the photo from so it's really hard to pass judgement on the image. For all we know, she was purposely going for an exaggerated "creepy doll" look for a photoshoot or something. We can see that she's wearing sweet lolita, but it's hard to tell exactly what was happening. The makeup she's wearing looks just like a tutorial I saw online for "gothic doll" eyes- and that was meant for a costume type shoot.

That being said, yes- this is too much for everyday wear. That's clear. But I would hesitate to try and shame this girl for whatever look she was trying to achieve here since we don't know why she was doing it.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Robo-Dream
Is there a context for this makeup job? I don't know where you pulled the photo from so it's really hard to pass judgement on the image. For all we know, she was purposely going for an exaggerated "creepy doll" look for a photoshoot or something. We can see that she's wearing sweet lolita, but it's hard to tell exactly what was happening. The makeup she's wearing looks just like a tutorial I saw online for "gothic doll" eyes- and that was meant for a costume type shoot.

That being said, yes- this is too much for everyday wear. That's clear. But I would hesitate to try and shame this girl for whatever look she was trying to achieve here since we don't know why she was doing it.

I think the thread wasn't meant to pass judgment on this particular girl, though, just to ask what people thought of this kind of makeup in conjunction with sweet lolita.

Lonely Phantom

wonderfinch
Robo-Dream

I think the thread wasn't meant to pass judgment on this particular girl, though, just to ask what people thought of this kind of makeup in conjunction with sweet lolita.

Ah you're very likely right. I think when I saw the makeup the very first thing I thought of was that specific tutorial so I guess I just meant to say 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait up- are we sure that's what was being done in that photo?" Because I don't think she was trying to do the same thing as the later samples people posted. ^_^''

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Robo-Dream
Ah you're very likely right. I think when I saw the makeup the very first thing I thought of was that specific tutorial so I guess I just meant to say 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait up- are we sure that's what was being done in that photo?" Because I don't think she was trying to do the same thing as the later samples people posted. ^_^''

Yeah, it really made me think of Michelle Phan's Gothic Lolita tutorial, haha. But I assumed she was going off one of Ageha's older makeup tutorials since the look is very similar, and the thread's intention probably would have been more clear if almond-milks had used one of Himeka's makeup tutorials (as she used to wear lolita in Ageha) rather than using a personal photo. Because of that, I think the meaning got a bit garbled >w<

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • 90's Movie Token Quirky Goth Girl 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
This look can be pulled off if done correctly. A 3/4 inch gap is too much. I've done this look before, though mostly for cosplays to get those "anime eyes", but it's the same.
Only do white liner on your water line, then black liner just below that and on top. Add lashes/mascara as needed. It looks much better than...that. And to think she would've been very cute if the gap was smaller!
The point of white eyeliner is to put it on your water line to make you eye seem bigger. Not your whole under eye lid. Even by non-lolita make up stand points this looks off. It's not terrible, but it's not super cute or anything.

Timid Lunatic

I really want to know what circle lenses she's using. They're gorgeous and finding refs on green eyes is haaaaaaaaaard. 3nodding

Precious Darling

8,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Almond Milks
I keep seeing this being done, and it looks horrid.
This.

It's totally possible to make your eye look bigger by leaving a bit of a gap, but when the gap is almost as wide as your actual eye, you're leaving the realm of "cute" and entering "wtf." It reminds me of halloween creepy doll makeup, in a bad way.

Has anyone else noticed this being done or am I alone in thinking it looks terrible?
it is horrid...the best way i would say of getting bigger eyes is using white eyeliner for your waterline...

Dapper Darling

Sigmoonda
wonderfinch
Almond Milks
Well I understand being like "Oh hey that's a bit rude." and that would be correct. It probably wasn't that great to post someone else's stuff, I just think it was an exaggeration. Like I'm ruining the lolita forum and turning it into /cgl/ by posting that.

Well, I think that was kind of her point.

This kind of makeup isn't all that uncommon and I KNOW I've seen a lolita using this kind of music in Ageha, so perhaps you could replace the photo in your initial image with one from a publication instead of pulling one from someone's personal photos? That way discussion about this kind of makeup can continue without it seeming like an attack on an individual. I'll try to find one if you give me a bit c:

EDIT: Here are a few examples from really public sources:
Michelle Phan Makeup Tutorial
From Ageha
Also from Ageha
Also from Ageha
Still from Ageha
Perhaps displaying one of these more public examples would make it more clear that you're trying to discuss a style of makeup, and not a specific individual or her look?

Thank you, that's exactly what I meant.

I felt this way too especially when someone went for her throat and called out her lack of common sense. That's a bit unfair to the poor girl pictured.

12,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
It looks nice in the photo.

Moonlight Pirate

I've seen Japanese models do this. Leaving any sort of gap will just stand out to me, and not in a good way. I don't know what she was thinking with a gap that large.

I think people should just accept their natural eye shape, really.

Profitable Businessman

Zebra Box Dinosaur
Oh god. I see this all the time. What white people need to remember is that the lolita makeup is supposed to make Asian girls look Caucasian. So when we do super gaps in our falsies and circle lenses it just looks like we're aliens of some sort. xD
I wear OTT Sweet, and I extend my eyes BUT JUST A LITTLE BIT. I only lighten my waterline and inside corner. nothing else.

Also adding to the stupid makeup; I was watching a youtube makeup tutorial and a white girl was using eyelid tape.... I WAS SO CONFUSED. she already had double lids! WTH?!

That's truely odd. I wonder what the motivation was, perhaps she just didn't understand what the point of the tape was or... I don't even know.

I'm part asian. I don't look super caucasian, but I do have rather large, double lidded eyes. I generally stay away from things that are super drastic because I do feels it looks odd. I often like to use makeup tutorials that are made by double-lidded asians because I have that slightly wide-spaced, "almond" shaped thing going on and it's the same concept that you're saying. If I use makeup tutorials from caucasians, they can just make my eyes look a mile apart. It's a problem with makeup tutorials, the makeup might look good on the model but perhaps not on all faces.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff