Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Businessman

I keep seeing this being done, and it looks horrid.
This.

It's totally possible to make your eye look bigger by leaving a bit of a gap, but when the gap is almost as wide as your actual eye, you're leaving the realm of "cute" and entering "wtf." It reminds me of halloween creepy doll makeup, in a bad way.

Has anyone else noticed this being done or am I alone in thinking it looks terrible?

Caring Friend

it does look horrible X-x

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I agree, I really don't care for that look. I think, done tastefully or done for a photoshoot or as stage makeup, it looks quite nice on girls with smaller, more upturned eyes. When you have larger, rounder eyes, though, it just makes your eyes look sad and, frankly, a bit droopy >w<

I guess that's the disadvantage of doing makeup off tutorials, though- something looking good on a model isn't a guarantee of it looking good on you, even if it's done correctly!

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
I agree with you. It's much too extreme.

Profitable Businessman

wonderfinch
I agree, I really don't care for that look. I think, done tastefully or done for a photoshoot or as stage makeup, it looks quite nice on girls with smaller, more upturned eyes. When you have larger, rounder eyes, though, it just makes your eyes look sad and, frankly, a bit droopy >w<

I guess that's the disadvantage of doing makeup off tutorials, though- something looking good on a model isn't a guarantee of it looking good on you, even if it's done correctly!

It would look even weirder on my eyes I suppose. Mine are really big already. I'm sort of tempted to do an ita makeup tutorial sort of as an example of what not to do. Mostly because I really want to try all sorts of weird stuff that I've seen done for lolita.

Tati Dearest's Princess

Alien Pumpkin

That poor girl.
Whoever told her that was a good idea....
Wow.
I have never seen this before
O_O

Witty Heckler

10,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
What do they think they're doing? Making their eyes look bigger with white eye shadow?

Geeze, some people.

Profitable Businessman

zaMmaP
I have never seen this before
O_O

It's like the white eyeliner on the water line trick, but obviously gone out of control.

Perfect Victim

I think when it's done this much it looks ridiculous, but I love it in Gal make up when it's done right. You can definitely go too far down like this girl has, though.

Also, her bottom lashes are on upside down which isn't helping.

Profitable Businessman

xBabyDoII
I think when it's done this much it looks ridiculous, but I love it in Gal make up when it's done right. You can definitely go too far down like this girl has, though.

Also, her bottom lashes are on upside down which isn't helping.

Exactly. I love it when done ever so slightly, but this is just... no. I didn't notice that about the bottom lashes, but I'm not surprised. neutral

Feral Warrior

ne, ne, ne!
it looks horrible if it does not connect with the lashline at some point

Profitable Businessman

sich knien
ne, ne, ne!

Like this?

I think that looks so much better.

Feral Warrior

Almond Milks
sich knien
ne, ne, ne!

Like this?
yes indeed *considering thats how i do mine everyday omg lol*

Profitable Businessman

sich knien
Almond Milks
sich knien
ne, ne, ne!

Like this?
yes indeed *considering thats how i do mine everyday omg lol*

I love that look. I should probably try it out to see if it suits me. I think that style does look best with circle lenses, and those seem scary to me. eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff