Welcome to Gaia! ::

applesammuri's Prince

Prophet

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
Hey, my friends and I are going to try some lolita fashion but I don't really know of any good quality plus size stores. I have never done this before so some help would be appreciated. I do know fanplusfriend and annahousefashion but that's about it! Thank you. heart

Kawaii Girl

Depending on how plus-sized you are, you could fit into fully-shirred pieces from anywhere that stocks them including brand name stores. Bodyline carries some pieces in sizes up to 2XL. I think they also carry sizes up to 4XL but only on their wa Lolita pieces and I really would advise you to stay away from those. Some Taobao stores will make custom-sized pieces, as will Anna House at annahousefashion.com. You could also try buying used from the Plus Sized Lolita Sales community on Facebook, but a lot of people there sell ita stuff and the mods don't do anything about it, so make sure you know what you're looking for.

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Basically everything Jessie said. Though I would like to add a few things.

If you're quick and don't mind spending some money, a lot of indie brands that don't do custom sizing will custom size reservations. Some indie brands have custom sizing on everything, like Surface Spell and Dear Celine. However, some do have custom sizing fees, mainly for extra fabric.

But many indie brands are rather generous on sizing, and it seems even regular brands are getting past the idea that only tiny Japanese girls where this.

You could also have a great friend who has amazing sewing skills do stuff for you.

If you're more on the... plussier of plus sizes, you could have two dresses sewn together.

applesammuri's Prince

Prophet

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
Princess JessieKate
Depending on how plus-sized you are, you could fit into fully-shirred pieces from anywhere that stocks them including brand name stores. Bodyline carries some pieces in sizes up to 2XL. I think they also carry sizes up to 4XL but only on their wa Lolita pieces and I really would advise you to stay away from those. Some Taobao stores will make custom-sized pieces, as will Anna House at annahousefashion.com. You could also try buying used from the Plus Sized Lolita Sales community on Facebook, but a lot of people there sell ita stuff and the mods don't do anything about it, so make sure you know what you're looking for.

Thank you. This was really helpful. I think I found a really nice dress! It's mostly blue with black linings and stuff. Thanks. c:

applesammuri's Prince

Prophet

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
Marokia
Basically everything Jessie said. Though I would like to add a few things.

If you're quick and don't mind spending some money, a lot of indie brands that don't do custom sizing will custom size reservations. Some indie brands have custom sizing on everything, like Surface Spell and Dear Celine. However, some do have custom sizing fees, mainly for extra fabric.

But many indie brands are rather generous on sizing, and it seems even regular brands are getting past the idea that only tiny Japanese girls where this.

You could also have a great friend who has amazing sewing skills do stuff for you.

If you're more on the... plussier of plus sizes, you could have two dresses sewn together.

Thank you! I have a friend who can sew well, and he is going to make me a petticoat.

Kawaii Girl

Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate

Thank you. This was really helpful. I think I found a really nice dress! It's mostly blue with black linings and stuff. Thanks. c:
I'm glad! Where did you end up going?

applesammuri's Prince

Prophet

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
Princess JessieKate
Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate

I got it from fanplusfriend, but your advice will be very helpful for future stuff. Ahh Here is the link. Maybe you could help me with colours of accessories? If you can? c:
Princess JessieKate

There are some dresses that are 4L. Some of their 2L's actually have more like 4L sizing. It's all over the place. You just have to look at the measurements.

Usually about a US size 20-22 seems to be the point where finding things that fit from most Japanese brands. Some full shirring things go higher. I have a few friends at that size who wear a lot of AP/Baby/Meta. You'll have to do custom-sizing after that point. smile

Kawaii Girl

Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate
Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate

I got it from fanplusfriend, but your advice will be very helpful for future stuff. Ahh Here is the link. Maybe you could help me with colours of accessories? If you can? c:
If it were me I would take the ribbon off of the neck bow, shove a hairband in it and use that for your accessory, then pair it with a black blouse, socks and shoes.

applesammuri's Prince

Prophet

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
Princess JessieKate
Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate
Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate

If it were me I would take the ribbon off of the neck bow, shove a hairband in it and use that for your accessory, then pair it with a black blouse, socks and shoes.
'
Okay thanks! Sounds good. You have been so helpful. c:

Kawaii Girl

Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate
Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate
Chemical Fiend
Princess JessieKate

'
Okay thanks! Sounds good. You have been so helpful. c:
You're welcome! Taobao would probably be good for the blouse and shoes, but if you're going to order from Taobao you might want to wait until you have money to order something more as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff