Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Bunny

I was just wondering, how do you lot usually do your make up when wearing Lolita? Is it any different to your make up in other fashions? Does it change depending on substyle?

Lately, I've been interested in trying to make my eyes look big and a teeny bit doll like by using make up, but I haven't quite got the hang of it. I'll just have to practice more, and I'm sure I'll learn how to do it eventually!

What about everyone else? What's your favourite Lolita make up style?

Mega Superfan

My basic makeup doesn't really change from my "work" clothes (ie. everything not lolita) to what I wear in lolita. In lolita I'll tend to add white eye liner to the inside corner, just to brighten up my eyes, but other than everything stays the same.

I do however, wear circle lenses with lolita. With all the hair on my wigs and all the accessories I put on, my eyes get a little lost without the circle lenses.

Tipsy Fairy

My makeup isn't a whole lot different than what I wear normally (assuming I choose to wear any on any given day haha). Usually I just stick to my regular style, but go all out in lolita. Like typically I'll wear light eyeliner and mascara, but in lolita I'll thicken the liner and add natural falsies, + blush and gloss. I do it a lot for myself... I'd feel weird if I went all out in my clothes and didn't give my face and skin the same treatment.
I standardized my look. D:
It's pretty much just gal-inspired makeup

Kawaii Girl

I often don't bother to wear any makeup when I wear Lolita. When I do wear makeup it is usually pretty minimal and natural looking.

Questionable Conversationalist

I'm not very good with makeup, for awhile I had this transparent primer cream that was just soooo amazing but I lost the bottle moving back home from my dorm and can't remember the brand :c I'm trying out new ones.

I basically just like to have a base primer and to use some concealer for my dark circles, then a little white on the lower waterline and inner corners to open my eyes. I look good with eyeliner in a small wing I think. I also like false eyelashes. I don't go far beyond my basic cosplay makeup, I just like to feel that my face is evened out and matte and lit so photos aren't more hideous than I usually feel with them.

I really would like to find motivation to practice more neutral male-oriented makeup styling, I'd like to try ouji and really get into a princely persona and I really want to cosplay as convincing pretty boys. But no time and no skill makes me scared to even try :'p
I normally don't wear much makeup on a daily basis at all. I usually just put on some good moisturizer with SPF and call it a day.

When I wear lolita though, if I have the time to go all out, I usually do. Here's a list of the products I usually use:

- Moisturizer
- Primer (currently nyx)
- BB cream (I use Misha perfect cover)
- Urban Decay Eye primer
- Powder to seal all the cream makeup. (just some cover girl pressed powder applied with a big brush)
- Eyshadow: For sweet, I use lots of white, pinks, some glitter, and usually the main color that's in my coord (usually lavender, sax, or mint). For classic, I will stick with neutral shades or a hint of color (like green since most of my classic is green). Sometimes I will use some gold. I go nuts on my eyes and I usually use about 3-4 different eyeshadows. I use urban decay, sephora, nyx and toki doki-- anything with high pigmentation.
- Eyeliner, pencil (urban decay or nyx) and then liquid liner (Revlon currently)
- Lashes (90% of the time, unless I'm going more casual or it's Sunday at a con, or I'm running to a meetup after work, then I just use a lot of mascara)
- Lips: I use lip stain and then lipstick and carry the lipstick and pressed powder with me.

I also do some contouring and highlighting.

If I go all out, it takes about an hour to do my makeup. x_x But if I don't spend that much time I look crappy in photos.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff