Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spooky Specter

12,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
I was at Starbucks wearing punk lolita, and when I got up to go to the bathroom, a boy about like 7 or 8 years old walked up to me like he wanted to say something, but he was just like "Um..." and one of the adults with him tells me "He likes your outfit." and the boy was like "Yeah."

So I told him thank you, and he asks me, "Um... why do you have it?" and I tell him I'm just wearing it because I like it, and I swear he just lit up. Like, the concept that you could wear something outlandish and it doesn't have to be a costume was just magical to him, and he told me, "I like it, too."

It was just really cute. I hope that encourages him to dress however he likes in the future. =^^=

Fused Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
Bats and Babydolls
I was at Starbucks wearing punk lolita, and when I got up to go to the bathroom, a boy about like 7 or 8 years old walked up to me like he wanted to say something, but he was just like "Um..." and one of the adults with him tells me "He likes your outfit." and the boy was like "Yeah."

So I told him thank you, and he asks me, "Um... why do you have it?" and I tell him I'm just wearing it because I like it, and I swear he just lit up. Like, the concept that you could wear something outlandish and it doesn't have to be a costume was just magical to him, and he told me, "I like it, too."

It was just really cute. I hope that encourages him to dress however he likes in the future. =^^=

Honestly that's such an important thing to me! Just being out there and normalizing the idea that you can wear things just because you like them, even if others find it unusual. I like this thread. I have been feeling down and reading this stuff is a good pick-me-up.

Pyromaniac

9,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
when obnoxious civvies try to insert themselves into private conversations or like,,,,physically intercept me and i knock them the ******** over lmao

Helpful Sweetheart

13,175 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
xd :i've talk more about lolita to my closest friend / family member about lolita, i just ask them yesterday if the would be willing to do photoshoot for me. (Yay)
Wearing lolita.

Some guy stops to take a picture of me, I have no problem with this. But then goes on to say that he really likes the "Megan Trainer" thing I have going on and starts singing.

What.

I'm wearing navy blue dream marine.

Wealthy Genius

Not a happy story at all.

But I went to a con in 2012 in lolita for Friday, and on my way to my car [in the afternoon] I got stopped by this really creepy guy staying at the same hotel who was making so many uncomfortable passes and vulgar stuff at me and I finally got away [nothing happened] I was shaking so bad and I went back to the hotel and didn't leave for the rest of the night.

The staff of the convention and hotel took my story and kicked the guy out. Apparently he was making a lot of girls uncomfortable and he was gone within 3 hours. It made me feel safer but it was an unpleasant memory. I haven't really worn that JSK since because it's a bad memory. :c

Kawaii Girl

Ouja Akuma
Not a happy story at all.

But I went to a con in 2012 in lolita for Friday, and on my way to my car [in the afternoon] I got stopped by this really creepy guy staying at the same hotel who was making so many uncomfortable passes and vulgar stuff at me and I finally got away [nothing happened] I was shaking so bad and I went back to the hotel and didn't leave for the rest of the night.

The staff of the convention and hotel took my story and kicked the guy out. Apparently he was making a lot of girls uncomfortable and he was gone within 3 hours. It made me feel safer but it was an unpleasant memory. I haven't really worn that JSK since because it's a bad memory. :c

That's awful. cry I'm sorry you had to deal with that! If you or anyone ever has an experience like that you should definitely contact convention security immediately and they will take care of the problem. No one likes those guys.
At a comic convention. I don't have any cosplay so eh, whatever I'll wear lolita.

Guy and girl keep staring at me. Eventually they come up and ask me what my costume is.

Me: "It's not a costume actually, it's a Japanese street fashion."
Girl (to guy) I told you, you were wrong!
Guy: No I was right!
Me: ???
Girl: He thought you were Alice in Wonderland (wearing a berry print, in purple coorded with red and pink)
Me; Nah... I--
Guy: So are you anime?
Me: No I'm not from an anime.
Guy: I told you she was an anime!

Uhhh I umm... never said anime at all.

Kawaii Girl

tehrin
At a comic convention. I don't have any cosplay so eh, whatever I'll wear lolita.

Guy and girl keep staring at me. Eventually they come up and ask me what my costume is.

Me: "It's not a costume actually, it's a Japanese street fashion."
Girl (to guy) I told you, you were wrong!
Guy: No I was right!
Me: ???
Girl: He thought you were Alice in Wonderland (wearing a berry print, in purple coorded with red and pink)
Me; Nah... I--
Guy: So are you anime?
Me: No I'm not from an anime.
Guy: I told you she was an anime!

Uhhh I umm... never said anime at all.
lmao what

Kawaii Girl

I just remembered one! I was out sometime last year in old-school sweet Lolita at a restaurant, and passing by a couple one of them said, "your costume is really cute!" I didn't feel like explaining that it was a costume and she was well-intentioned, so I thanked her for the compliment and moved on with my day. Later I walked by her again and she said, "excuse me, I wanted to ask - is that a costume? Because after I said it was cute I realized it might not have been a costume and that might have been rude." I then explained to her that it wasn't, that it was an alternative fashion style, but that I took her compliment as a compliment nonetheless. I really liked how polite and concerned she was and we both left with a smile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff