Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moon Jelli's Partner

Anxious Husband

So, I do not really have any physical stores around my area that provide Lolita Clothing.

So, I'd like to try my chances online shopping.

I don't completely trust search engines so- As much as I know it must take a miracle to go for what I am asking-

Does anyone know any good online Lolita shops that won't cost me like 300$ a dress/ are trust worthy-dependable?

Much appreciated!
Bodyline.co.jp

It's the Walmart of lolita.

I don't get where this lolita items are always $300, there are many many many places to buy lolita now a days. I have tons on links to share, but the question that would help a lot is, which style do you like best? Gothic, sweet, classic, etc?

Also egl-comm-sales.livejournal.com is a community devoted to the re-selling of brand, off brand, and indie brand lolita clothing. I've gotten many of third "$300 dresses" for as low as $70, however you need to patiently wait for good deals and be ready to pounce. The average I spend is $150 though. 50% off for a gently used dress is pretty darn good ;p

Moon Jelli's Partner

Anxious Husband

Basset Hound Babe
Bodyline.co.jp

It's the Walmart of lolita.

I don't get where this lolita items are always $300, there are many many many places to buy lolita now a days. I have tons on links to share, but the question that would help a lot is, which style do you like best? Gothic, sweet, classic, etc?

Also egl-comm-sales.livejournal.com is a community devoted to the re-selling of brand, off brand, and indie brand lolita clothing. I've gotten many of third "$300 dresses" for as low as $70, however you need to patiently wait for good deals and be ready to pounce. The average I spend is $150 though. 50% off for a gently used dress is pretty darn good ;p

I got EGL suggested to me from someone I asked. I'm usually more into sweet, classic style lolita!
If you like classic, try lady sloth on Facebook. She does amazing work, and again with bodyline, I mainly buy brand dresses and skirts, but I still use Bodyline for shoes, blouses, cardigans, etc. just stay away from the petticoats. They are horrible and will only last you one wear. If you search egl, they also have a list of taobao stores to shop from, but you will need a shopping service. I recommend celga.com it's easy to use, and have great communication!
Basset Hound Babe
If you like classic, try lady sloth on Facebook. She does amazing work, and again with bodyline, I mainly buy brand dresses and skirts, but I still use Bodyline for shoes, blouses, cardigans, etc. just stay away from the petticoats. They are horrible and will only last you one wear. If you search egl, they also have a list of taobao stores to shop from, but you will need a shopping service. I recommend celga.com it's easy to use, and have great communication!

1) Celga doesn't do TaoBao ^^;
2) Their service has been on the decline in recent years and a lot of people have moved away from them to more reliable services like From Japan

For TaoBao, use shopping services like TaoBao Spree, TaoBao Buying, TaoBao Ring, TaoBao Focus or Bhiner.
spuntino
Basset Hound Babe

1) Celga doesn't do TaoBao ^^;
2) Their service has been on the decline in recent years and a lot of people have moved away from them to more reliable services like From Japan

For TaoBao, use shopping services like TaoBao Spree, TaoBao Buying, TaoBao Ring, TaoBao Focus or Bhiner.

Ah we'll I only buy secondhand brand from mbok and yjapan anyways. I could of sworn I saw on there somewhere they can buy things off other websites for you as well. Meh anyways I bid like crazy on a bunch of stuff with them ;p

Oooh! Also there are seamstresses on etsy too! I really love sweet Mildred! She does good work, fairly priced. Same goes for the snowfield.

And even eBay has some cheap secondhand brand for sale. I wouldn't recommend you buying anything EXCEPT second hand brand though...that other stuff looks sketchy. There is also lolita sales in English also on Facebook.
Basset Hound Babe

Ah we'll I only buy secondhand brand from mbok and yjapan anyways. I could of sworn I saw on there somewhere they can buy things off other websites for you as well. Meh anyways I bid like crazy on a bunch of stuff with them ;p

Yeah, they'll buy from virtually any Japanese site. TaoBao, however, is in China. You need a Chinese ID number and bank account to buy from most of their shops. ^^;

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Basset Hound Babe

Oooh! Also there are seamstresses on etsy too! I really love sweet Mildred! She does good work, fairly priced. Same goes for the snowfield.

And even eBay has some cheap secondhand brand for sale. I wouldn't recommend you buying anything EXCEPT second hand brand though...that other stuff looks sketchy. There is also lolita sales in English also on Facebook.

If you want to buy secondhand from Yahoo!Japan and mBok, I would advise against using Celga. I used to use them and they grossly overcharge for shipping (they tried to make me pay $90 shipping on a 1-pound package once!), often forget to bid on items, and have even lost many users' items altogether- and their fees are some of the more expensive fees out there. For Yahoo!Japan I've found Noppin to have the best service and for mBok FromJapan and Japonica are probably the best ^^ With that said, sometimes i't not a great idea to buy secondhand from auctions because your service typically has little or no way of getting you your money back if your item doesn't arrive in its stated condition (or doesn't arrive at all). It's much safer to buy from a shop like Closet Child or an international community like egl_comm_sales.

Moon Jelli's Partner

Anxious Husband

Thank you for the help so far guys!

Sparkly Streaker

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Now if you are looking for accessories, there is a shop on etsy called Purevile. It is based in Queens and they do work using antiques, bones, and lace such as that gasmask I showed you. Theyre on vacation right now but should open up again soon. You can check them out at purevile.com but I dont entirely know how their prices run. It depends on the items they use to make them but some amazing necklaces and other accessories have popped up that would go perfect with the lolita style you like.

Questionable Conversationalist

I recommend checking out these places below my cut as well as a few extra links and resources c:

Places to buy lolita type clothing from would be
Bodyline
A cheap place to buy from, some of their items are not quite the best but overall their quality is okay and they're convenient and usually priced reasonably.
Fan Plus Friend
Has a lot of options, generally a step higher than Bodyline though they also have some problematic pieces. They do have a selection worth browsing, but the shipping can be a bit expensive as I believe they only ship express.
Clobba
Reliable seller, it's a shopping service in that you send a quote inquiry and then are sent an order form to fill out, and then send back to get an invoice in which to pay. They are cheaper than Qutieland and have over several of the same products for less.
Quiteland
Has a huge selection and generally very good quality. Shipping causes them to be pricier.
A brand list is on EGL, the LiveJournal Lolita community. The list itself is not quite pretty to look at but it's extensive. If you don't have a LiveJournal you may want to get one solely for being able to interact with the LJ lolita communities as well as their comm sales. You will need to be able to link to some feedback elsewhere though, like eBay feedback or something, at least they prefer it when you start out so they know you're not a wet behind the ears scammer.
Some of the more popular brands are Angelic Pretty, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, and Innocent World.
Before buying something, google reviews of that item. There may be reviews available through EGL or within online blogs.

Petticoats
Do not buy petticoats from Bodyline, they loose puff fast. You need to spend money and invest on a petticoat and make sure you get yourself a good one that will last.
Clobba & Quiteland
Sells Classical Puppets petticoats (and some others). Classical Puppets are one of the most used brands for petticoats. They are also praised for their quality more often than not. I love how full and fluffy my CP Bell is.
Vivcore
Sells the Lace Petticoat and Fluffy petticoat. The fluffy petticoat is the same as a Malco Modes 582 P petticoat, Malco Modes I believe make square dance petticoats but they're still good just a bit on the long side.
VictorianGirlDress
If you're on the smaller side VictorianGirlDress petticoats can fit and work well often, they're praised as well from what I've heard and been told.
How to Store Petticoats via Lolita-Tips

Extra
The Lolita-Tips tumblr founder gives out a lot of advice on whether certain Bodyline items are worth it quite often.
You could also look on Etsy and EGL comm sales for used or handmade or vintage items.
Petticoat Police is a tumblr that offers advice on whether a certain item is good for lolita, such as offering their opinions on which Bodyline items are worth buying or if an F+F item is alright! They're also amusing~
English Charm is a cute online store with some solid colored plain lolita clothing, mostly for the classical style but worth a look for sure!
Sweet Rococo is a site that lets you customize an outfit to your measurements and preferences, it looks pretty interesting at least c:
This is a list of Lolita Taobao shops.
This is a list of Lolita Etsy shops.

Washing
Japanese Washing Care Tag Translations
From what I've been told this chart can help you translate the warnings on your clothing tags.
Wash Bodyline 1
Wash Bodyline 2
Wash Bodyline 3'
General Wash
Brand Wash

Wigs
If you want several more wig places I recommend in cosplay, feel free just to ask!
Gothic Lolita Wigs
One of the best places in my opinion to get wigs from. Reviews are almost always positive and praise the soft feel and cute styles and I really adore their wigs, I've ordered a Duchess for myself personally and plan to order all the other colors when I'm able, I just want like all of GLW. Their Facebook page is very active in answering questions and displaying customer pictures.
Lockshop Wigs
Wigs well liked for lolita so I hear.
Minty Mix Wigs
Another lolita-oriented wig store, also sells some accessories.
Arda Wigs
If a wig you like from Arda says out of stock or sold out, just check their restock page frequently to see when it will be coming back in stock.
Arda Wigs is has good customer service, pretty good wig styles to choose from, lots of accessories like bangs and ponytail clips, a gallery full of customer photos wearing their wigs, and they're just pretty much rather fabulous. I have not bought a wig from them YET but I really do want to. Their wigs are all pretty much at least $30 though, but you buy quality, reliability, brand name, and thickness. Arda Wigs are known for great wig fiber thickness and their wig cap sizes can accommodate larger heads or those who have a lot of hair to cover up.

Moon Jelli's Partner

Anxious Husband

Milady Alluca
I recommend checking out these places below my cut as well as a few extra links and resources c:

Places to buy lolita type clothing from would be
Bodyline
A cheap place to buy from, some of their items are not quite the best but overall their quality is okay and they're convenient and usually priced reasonably.
Fan Plus Friend
Has a lot of options, generally a step higher than Bodyline though they also have some problematic pieces. They do have a selection worth browsing, but the shipping can be a bit expensive as I believe they only ship express.
Clobba
Reliable seller, it's a shopping service in that you send a quote inquiry and then are sent an order form to fill out, and then send back to get an invoice in which to pay. They are cheaper than Qutieland and have over several of the same products for less.
Quiteland
Has a huge selection and generally very good quality. Shipping causes them to be pricier.
A brand list is on EGL, the LiveJournal Lolita community. The list itself is not quite pretty to look at but it's extensive. If you don't have a LiveJournal you may want to get one solely for being able to interact with the LJ lolita communities as well as their comm sales. You will need to be able to link to some feedback elsewhere though, like eBay feedback or something, at least they prefer it when you start out so they know you're not a wet behind the ears scammer.
Some of the more popular brands are Angelic Pretty, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, and Innocent World.
Before buying something, google reviews of that item. There may be reviews available through EGL or within online blogs.

Petticoats
Do not buy petticoats from Bodyline, they loose puff fast. You need to spend money and invest on a petticoat and make sure you get yourself a good one that will last.
Clobba & Quiteland
Sells Classical Puppets petticoats (and some others). Classical Puppets are one of the most used brands for petticoats. They are also praised for their quality more often than not. I love how full and fluffy my CP Bell is.
Vivcore
Sells the Lace Petticoat and Fluffy petticoat. The fluffy petticoat is the same as a Malco Modes 582 P petticoat, Malco Modes I believe make square dance petticoats but they're still good just a bit on the long side.
VictorianGirlDress
If you're on the smaller side VictorianGirlDress petticoats can fit and work well often, they're praised as well from what I've heard and been told.
How to Store Petticoats via Lolita-Tips

Extra
The Lolita-Tips tumblr founder gives out a lot of advice on whether certain Bodyline items are worth it quite often.
You could also look on Etsy and EGL comm sales for used or handmade or vintage items.
Petticoat Police is a tumblr that offers advice on whether a certain item is good for lolita, such as offering their opinions on which Bodyline items are worth buying or if an F+F item is alright! They're also amusing~
English Charm is a cute online store with some solid colored plain lolita clothing, mostly for the classical style but worth a look for sure!
Sweet Rococo is a site that lets you customize an outfit to your measurements and preferences, it looks pretty interesting at least c:
This is a list of Lolita Taobao shops.
This is a list of Lolita Etsy shops.

Washing
Japanese Washing Care Tag Translations
From what I've been told this chart can help you translate the warnings on your clothing tags.
Wash Bodyline 1
Wash Bodyline 2
Wash Bodyline 3'
General Wash
Brand Wash

Wigs
If you want several more wig places I recommend in cosplay, feel free just to ask!
Gothic Lolita Wigs
One of the best places in my opinion to get wigs from. Reviews are almost always positive and praise the soft feel and cute styles and I really adore their wigs, I've ordered a Duchess for myself personally and plan to order all the other colors when I'm able, I just want like all of GLW. Their Facebook page is very active in answering questions and displaying customer pictures.
Lockshop Wigs
Wigs well liked for lolita so I hear.
Minty Mix Wigs
Another lolita-oriented wig store, also sells some accessories.
Arda Wigs
If a wig you like from Arda says out of stock or sold out, just check their restock page frequently to see when it will be coming back in stock.
Arda Wigs is has good customer service, pretty good wig styles to choose from, lots of accessories like bangs and ponytail clips, a gallery full of customer photos wearing their wigs, and they're just pretty much rather fabulous. I have not bought a wig from them YET but I really do want to. Their wigs are all pretty much at least $30 though, but you buy quality, reliability, brand name, and thickness. Arda Wigs are known for great wig fiber thickness and their wig cap sizes can accommodate larger heads or those who have a lot of hair to cover up.

oh wow thank you for this!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces