Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Phantom

Maybe it's just the area I live in (So redneck and uncultured... emo ) but I can't seem to find any good shoes. When I do, it's for little kids. Any good stores you know that carry mary janes/lolita boots?

Profitable Businessman

Despite what others say about me being a brandwhore, I like buying shoes from an online shop called Bodyline. Taobao has some cute ones, but you'll need to use a shopping service, or even easier, Qutieland.

Feral Phantom

Almond Milks
Despite what others say about me being a brandwhore, I like buying shoes from an online shop called Bodyline. Taobao has some cute ones, but you'll need to use a shopping service, or even easier, Qutieland.

I'm nervous about buying online, though. I'd have to be there to try on the shoes. I'm like a 7 1/2, so sometimes I have to get 7s and sometimes 8s. crying

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Miyuki Evee
Maybe it's just the area I live in (So redneck and uncultured... emo ) but I can't seem to find any good shoes. When I do, it's for little kids. Any good stores you know that carry mary janes/lolita boots?

I've found black and brown maryjane heels that are suitable for classic at Target and kohls before. 3nodding Also check Sears; I've gotten some cut classic shoes there on clearence before. (My friend needed work boots and I was browsing because I was bored) xd

I also get shoes from bodyline sometimes if I want something really out there sweet.

Feral Phantom

Raine Dragon
Miyuki Evee

I've found black and brown maryjane heels that are suitable for classic at Target and kohls before. 3nodding Also check Sears; I've gotten some cut classic shoes there on clearence before. (My friend needed work boots and I was browsing because I was bored) xd

I also get shoes from bodyline sometimes if I want something really out there sweet.

Well, I'll check target and sears, then. 3nodding
(For some reason, even I don't know why, I've sworn my eternal hatred on kohls. sweatdrop )

Profitable Businessman

Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks

I'm nervous about buying online, though. I'd have to be there to try on the shoes. I'm like a 7 1/2, so sometimes I have to get 7s and sometimes 8s. crying

That's my exact shoe size and I have the same problem. Shoes are one of those tricky things. I always go with a larger size rather than too small when I can't get things I'm sure will fit, and then put those gel insoles inside if they end up too large, which help a little bit. I'm in a small town too, by the way. We don't have a shoe store that I'm aware of.

Feral Phantom

Almond Milks
Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks

That's my exact shoe size and I have the same problem. Shoes are one of those tricky things. I always go with a larger size rather than too small when I can't get things I'm sure will fit, and then put those gel insoles inside if they end up too large, which help a little bit. I'm in a small town too, by the way. We don't have a shoe store that I'm aware of.

I'd have to go to the other end of town to buy lolita anything. I live in a very poor area. (I don't know why, though. We're not and never have been a low income family. neutral )

Profitable Businessman

Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks
Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks

I'd have to go to the other end of town to buy lolita anything. I live in a very poor area. (I don't know why, though. We're not and never have been a low income family. neutral )

I don't even think there is a store in my country (Canada) that sells clothes made for lolita. If you mean stuff that is made for "normal" wear that can be worked into a lolita outfit, sure, but I buy all my stuff online from the second hand communities and whatever I can't find, or shoes, from other places online. But the fact that going to the other end of town is an issue for you says to me that your town must be decent sized. I could walk to the other end of mine in 15 minutes.

Feral Phantom

Almond Milks
Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks
Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks

I don't even think there is a store in my country (Canada) that sells clothes made for lolita. If you mean stuff that is made for "normal" wear that can be worked into a lolita outfit, sure, but I buy all my stuff online from the second hand communities and whatever I can't find, or shoes, from other places online. But the fact that going to the other end of town is an issue for you says to me that your town must be decent sized. I could walk to the other end of mine in 15 minutes.

I live in the 15, 16, or 17th largest city in my country so yeah. But To get actual lolita clothes, I'd either have to go on a 2 hour plane trip east or a 5-7 hour plane trip west. So I'll probably get bases (basic dresses) and customize them to get a lolita style. (I'm new to the whole lolita thing, so I've nothing right now.)

Profitable Businessman

Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks
Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks
Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks

I live in the 15, 16, or 17th largest city in my country so yeah. But To get actual lolita clothes, I'd either have to go on a 2 hour plane trip east or a 5-7 hour plane trip west. So I'll probably get bases (basic dresses) and customize them to get a lolita style. (I'm new to the whole lolita thing, so I've nothing right now.)

Do you not want to buy online for the same reasons as the shoes? I find that dresses are easier because they give you the measurements and they often have shiring so that one size fits most. Customized stuff is cool though too, just another way of doing things. Whatever you do, don't try and rush building your wardrobe. Go for quality over quantity even if it means going slow. It'll be worth it.

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
For shoes online, what I do is I take a sheet of paper and stand on it in my lolita socks and then trace my foot. Then I draw a straight line across the top touching the top of my big toe and a parrallel line touching the back of the heel. Lastly, I connect those lines to make a rectangle. The length of the long side of the rectangle in CM is your Japanese shoe size (they do things the easy way). So my foot is 24.55-ish and so I buy a 25.0 sized shoe to be safe. I've only gotten one pair that didn't fit and that was me ordering the wrong size (25.5; oops).

5,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Miyuki Evee
Almond Milks

Bodyline's shoes are pretty wonked up in the sizing. I wear a US 10 which is a 26cm in Japanese shoe size. Sometimes from bodyline I'll order a 26 and it fits like a 26.5 or 27, so I need to sell them and order another pair, while other times they're tight or fit perfectly. it depends on the shoe individually.
Just look up on the EGL.livejournal search for the Shoe number (for reviews) and see if that certain shoe fits true to size.
I personally like taobao because it could be completely custom. Let's say you're a 23.75. (23.5 being too small for you and 24 being to big) You can get the shoes custom made at most stores which is great.

I find shoes at payless pretty loliable. Flats with bows on them are great for casual wear and they have some pretty cute heels as well. (im just suggesting payless because i'm pretty sure they're almost everywhere.)

Lonely Phantom

I have found serviceable shoes at Payless, actually! I have giant boats for feet (size 10) but my friend with much smaller feet (size 5) has had great luck in the kid's section (LUCKY). For example, she recently bought these: http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10090&subCatId=cat310006&skuId=093752040&productId=70706&lotId=093752&category=&catdisplayName=Girls

Buying shoes online can be a little daunting, however most asian retailers (like bodyline) sell their shoes sized by CM. That means you can take a measurement of a pair of dress shoes you already own (that fit) and see how many cm they are within, they use that measurement when you shop online. That way you don't have to worry about "well this brand I wear a size 7, but in this one I wear a size 9....".

Also, to be honest, I think almost all of my lolita shoes have come to me second-hand. (Although some were never worn by the person I bought them from.) This works out fine for me because 1)Someone else paid for the international shipping, and I'm generally getting them for less than they would have cost new and 2)The person who bought them can tell me "These fit like a US size 9.5" etc which helps me know more about the fit.

http://egl-comm-sales.livejournal.com is a great place to go looking for shoes. Since there's more people with a size 7.5-8 foot (especially since that is a size brands make) you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something!
Some of Demonia's shoes are suitable smile

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
I wear the same size shoe as you and I find that occasionally, if I'm lucky, I can fit into a children's size 5-6. Unfortunately, I haven't found any shoes in that size that I liked enough to buy, but it's a possibility for you. You might get lucky and find some awesome ones.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff