Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
I am new to both sewing and lolita, but both intrigue me quite a bit.

I am currently enrolled in a fibers class and for our midterm we have to hand dye and sew something. Anything. I would really like to do something lolita, but I have no clue where to start. I am still exploring the different styles, so I am open to a wide range of different projects. It just has to include cutting and sewing cotton or silk.

Although I am new to sewing, I have my grandma to help me out with it (she is quite experienced with a sewing machine). Does anybody have some suggestions for a medium difficulty lolita sewing project?

Also, if you have pictures of anything you have done, that might not be too hard to do something similar to, you should post them biggrin
It depends on how big a something you want to make.
You could try a JSK.

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
Sigmoonda
It depends on how big a something you want to make.
You could try a JSK.

hmmm, yeah that sounds like fun. thanks!

Lonely Phantom

You may try looking around online for patterns from Gothic Lolita Bibles that people have scanned in. There are always lots of accessories (like tote bags etc) but there have also been skirt and blouse patterns. I actually have been dying to try to the JSK pattern from Deco Alice a la Mode (different magazine, only had 4 issues) that I've had for a while...

Fashionable Hunter

11,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I want to sew a new skirt. I do bitter sweet and a little punk Lolita, so I want it to be mostly black with a little pink, red, and white thrown in.
I have a fabric that's black with those colored hearts on it, but I don't think I have quite enough to make a skirt. Maybe a tote bag.
Anyway, the last skirt I made ended up being completely the wrong shape. It was supposed to be cupcake, and ended up being sortof bell shaped. I hate it. *sigh*
Can anyone tell me how to make a skirt so that it has more of a cupcake shape?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff