Welcome to Gaia! ::

Explorer

8,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Sexiness and sexuality are not inherently sexual. Nudity itself isn't inherently sexual. It's what people attach to it, what it makes people fantasize about that makes it sexual.

So it's fine for you to feel sexy in anything you put on. "Modesty" is just another social construct.

Explorer

8,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio

Have you ever actually read the book? It is a masterpiece of literature, and I don't appreciate you talking badly about it.
Did I say something negative about it?

First post.
Yea. I said it's a book about a *****.
It is a book about a *****.
Whats the negative connotation?

It's hard to tell with the censors...

Turn off your adult filtering in your settings. The term she used isn't technically a "bad" word, I'm surprised Gaia would censor something like that. Silly.

I've read the book and found nothing wrong with calling it a book about a *****. It is what it is. Completely amazing book though.

Eloquent Genius

14,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Taliesiin
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio

First post.

Turn off your adult filtering in your settings. The term she used isn't technically a "bad" word, I'm surprised Gaia would censor something like that. Silly.

I've read the book and found nothing wrong with calling it a book about a *****. It is what it is. Completely amazing book though.

Indeed. As a writer myself, I find that book to be amazingly crafted. The language in it is so beautiful... I hope I can write that well, one day.

Profitable Businessman

skunkplayer
Almond Milks
Famously Deranged
I don't believe that a "Sexy" or "Sexually Attractive" Lolita isn't a Lolita. It's simply a different styled Lolita, just like a Goth/Victorian/Kawaii Lolita, Its simply categorized like every other type of Lolita. Just because some people like to show some skin doesn't mean they aren't any less Lolita than any other one.

Sexy doesn't have to mean showing skin, that's not the kind of attractive we are talking about. Skimpy clothing goes against most lolita styles aside from ero, so yes, if someone was showing off a lot of skin it probably would go against the lolita aesthetic.

Does Lolita have to be so cut and dry? That is just what is becoming such a mix up here. Can any style be so cookie cutter to say "You can't be lolita because the cut of your skirt or top is wrong?"

If something goes completely against the aesthetic of a fashion, it isn't the same fashion anymore. There are plenty of ways you can experiment with lolita without erasing what lolita is. Besides, there is an entire style of lolita dedicated to pushing the boundaries in that way, which is why I mentioned ero. You can be non-cookie-cutter without flashing your boobs at everyone, it's not as black and white as the assumptions you're making.

Timid Lover

Almond Milks
Famously Deranged
I don't believe that a "Sexy" or "Sexually Attractive" Lolita isn't a Lolita. It's simply a different styled Lolita, just like a Goth/Victorian/Kawaii Lolita, Its simply categorized like every other type of Lolita. Just because some people like to show some skin doesn't mean they aren't any less Lolita than any other one.

Sexy doesn't have to mean showing skin, that's not the kind of attractive we are talking about. Skimpy clothing goes against most lolita styles aside from ero, so yes, if someone was showing off a lot of skin it probably would go against the lolita aesthetic.
Hmm.. Not really. I guess, yeah if it was just some, sex toy like lolita outfit, then yes I agree. But like, Just a more attractive, skin showing Lolita outfit would probably count as one. It all depends on how far the person is going with the sexiness of the outfit.

Dapper Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Famously Deranged
Almond Milks
Famously Deranged

Hmm.. Not really. I guess, yeah if it was just some, sex toy like lolita outfit, then yes I agree. But like, Just a more attractive, skin showing Lolita outfit would probably count as one. It all depends on how far the person is going with the sexiness of the outfit.

Those are some powerful words my friend, I believe a storm may be soon upon you

Profitable Businessman

skunkplayer
Famously Deranged
Almond Milks
Famously Deranged

Those are some powerful words my friend, I believe a storm may be soon upon you

If it's ero, that's different, but it's generally accepted within the lolita community that regular lolita isn't skimpy or provocative. I doubt I'll get flamed for stating what you can learn on most lolita blogs. If you think what I'm saying is controversial or something you probably don't know that much about lolita.

Dapper Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ok.. the lines are being drawn and I think it can be said that you can dress with a bit of skin showing, but you can not walk into the lolita community and look for acceptance. If you want to wear that title and that outfit, then you are technically wrong and the community is offended.

Profitable Businessman

skunkplayer
Ok.. the lines are being drawn and I think it can be said that you can dress with a bit of skin showing, but you can not walk into the lolita community and look for acceptance. If you want to wear that title and that outfit, then you are technically wrong and the community is offended.

Way to twist what I said.

Dapper Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Almond Milks
skunkplayer

Way to twist what I said.

Sorry, it is a guy thing.. I was speaking to the other guys lurking

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio

Have you ever actually read the book? It is a masterpiece of literature, and I don't appreciate you talking badly about it.

First post.

OOOH!!! I see the problem now.
The word is p-e-d-o-p-h-i-l-e.
You can turn those off, by the way.
lolitaaa 4laugh heart

Eloquent Genius

14,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio

First post.

Oh lol Silly gaia.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio

First post.

Oh lol Silly gaia.
No harm done :3
Speaking of being a reader of fine literature in the lolita community, have you read Jane Eyre?

Eloquent Genius

14,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio
Clover_IceQueen
Angel_Takio

Oh lol Silly gaia.
No harm done :3
Speaking of being a reader of fine literature in the lolita community, have you read Jane Eyre?

I've only read an excerpt from it. Unfortunately, I can't get much reading done in college besides reading for classes sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games