Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
skunkplayer
I tip my hat to you my lady *tips hat* I agree I did not come from a messy high school, so I could not relate any worries about bringing or wearing nice things to school. You do make a great point that you would not carry a vase on a walk down the street just for there is no reason to ask for trouble to come your way.

Exactly, and the vase analogy is a good one c: Most lolita, like a nice vase, is delicate and expensive and you want to act in ways that protect it. Because, no matter where you wear lolita, I think it's pretty inevitable that you're going to garner some kind of attention- it's no fashion for the faint of heart!

Dapper Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
wonderfinch
skunkplayer
I tip my hat to you my lady *tips hat* I agree I did not come from a messy high school, so I could not relate any worries about bringing or wearing nice things to school. You do make a great point that you would not carry a vase on a walk down the street just for there is no reason to ask for trouble to come your way.

Exactly, and the vase analogy is a good one c: Most lolita, like a nice vase, is delicate and expensive and you want to act in ways that protect it. Because, no matter where you wear lolita, I think it's pretty inevitable that you're going to garner some kind of attention- it's no fashion for the faint of heart!

*smiles* I was never lucky enough to meet girls strong enough to wear this fashion. I feel it would been quite a nice change to the rough look of my school.

Rainbow Bloodsucker

I never wore my outfits to school when I was in high school, and I don't wear it to uni or work either for the simple reason I don't wish to ruin garments. If I didn't care about keeping them nice, I probably would wear lolita everyday.

Mega Friend

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Gardenia Rose
I never wore my outfits to school when I was in high school, and I don't wear it to uni or work either for the simple reason I don't wish to ruin garments. If I didn't care about keeping them nice, I probably would wear lolita everyday.

That's very smart since Lolita is expensive. I wear my less-expensive Lolita garments to school. (If there is even a thing as less-expensive Lolita neutral )

Rainbow Bloodsucker

Cantarella Akuma
Gardenia Rose

That's very smart since Lolita is expensive. I wear my less-expensive Lolita garments to school. (If there is even a thing as less-expensive Lolita neutral )

Yes, it is expensive. I currently don't own *less-expensive* garments for the simple fact that a lot of the cheaper ones I don't find attractive, I hope to find some one day biggrin

Mega Friend

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Gardenia Rose
Cantarella Akuma
Gardenia Rose

Yes, it is expensive. I currently don't own *less-expensive* garments for the simple fact that a lot of the cheaper ones I don't find attractive, I hope to find some one day biggrin

Well on some of the websites out there, they sell previously owned Lolita. It may not be the best, but some of it's pretty cute.

Rainbow Bloodsucker

Cantarella Akuma
Gardenia Rose
Cantarella Akuma
Gardenia Rose

Well on some of the websites out there, they sell previously owned Lolita. It may not be the best, but some of it's pretty cute.
EGL, Y!Japan, Closetchild, etc. Even if it's a brand item I got for a cheaper price and is in good condition, I save them for my outfits because they would almost instantly get wrecked at work (I work with lots of boxes and shoes. I find that Y!Japan is a hassle, but I have got some cute items from there; I've never done the EGL comm sales mostly because I never sign onto my LJ account.

Mega Friend

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Gardenia Rose
Cantarella Akuma
Gardenia Rose
Cantarella Akuma
Gardenia Rose

EGL, Y!Japan, Closetchild, etc. Even if it's a brand item I got for a cheaper price and is in good condition, I save them for my outfits because they would almost instantly get wrecked at work (I work with lots of boxes and shoes. I find that Y!Japan is a hassle, but I have got some cute items from there; I've never done the EGL comm sales mostly because I never sign onto my LJ account.

Just buying Lolita can be a hastle. A lot of stores have prices in Yen or don't ship to the U.S. So finding "cheap" Lolita on a website that ships to the U.S. In English is really hard if you can't translate or convert your money.
Lol so when I went to school in my Lolita for the first time, I went to Algebra and everyone stared at me and stuff, and all the "popular" kids were in one corner and they all started laughing, so I turned to them and smiled and said "Well I'm glad that my modest clothing amuses you!" And they stopped laughing and just stared at me, and I just kept smiling like an idiot. It was funny.

Profitable Businessman

Cantarella Akuma
Gardenia Rose
Cantarella Akuma
Gardenia Rose

There's nothing wrong with second hand sites. It's the only way you're going to find rare prints. A lot of the stuff I've bought has hardly been worn, my last purchase was something that the seller couldn't even fit into, she she had only attempted to wear it and it was perfect condition. Also, it was Angelic Pretty and brand lolita is pretty much the best quality stuff you're going to get.

Dapper Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Half-Note-Prodigy
Lol so when I went to school in my Lolita for the first time, I went to Algebra and everyone stared at me and stuff, and all the "popular" kids were in one corner and they all started laughing, so I turned to them and smiled and said "Well I'm glad that my modest clothing amuses you!" And they stopped laughing and just stared at me, and I just kept smiling like an idiot. It was funny.

Many congrats my lady. You have really put them in their place and shown much heart
skunkplayer

Many congrats my lady. You have really put them in their place and shown much heart

Thank you! It was incredibly funny, my other friend who was wearing lolita and I just started laughing and whispering like they did just to see their reaction... one of THE BEST moments of the year XD

Dapper Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Half-Note-Prodigy
skunkplayer

Thank you! It was incredibly funny, my other friend who was wearing lolita and I just started laughing and whispering like they did just to see their reaction... one of THE BEST moments of the year XD

Even better, you had a partner in crime with you *laughs* It is even better when you are not alone

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff