Welcome to Gaia! ::

Helpful Sweetheart

13,175 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

{! ! !}
~ ~ ~ ~
Bad, Awful, or just plain CREEPY
This is just a little thread to document the types of experiences you might have had.
You can also use your posts to keep track of you public outings as well in Lolita.

P.s. Don't worry I have at least one to two stories of my own to tell. . .
will post those later.

Sugary Bunny

19,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
Well, I haven't really had any terrifying lolita experiences.. but then again I don't go out much. sweatdrop
I wouldn't really call it a horror story but I receive more street harassment when wearing lolita than anything else. Do guys really think howling "OW OW" from their cars comes off as a compliment?

Questionable Conversationalist

My friend's mother saw me out shopping in lolita and she said my Infanta dress looked like it was made from her grandmother's curtains.
I was so horrified I wanted to cry umu
Well not really, but she did say that and I wanted to snap at her but I just laughed it off because what the ******** ever.
I've literally had no worse experience in lolita, and to be honest I hope I don't have one in the future either, it'd suck to be in a legit situation where you feel upset or uncomfortable because of jerk wads or mean comments :c

Kawaii Girl

I haven't really had people harass me much since I left high school, and it wasn't that terrible then. I kind of miss the stoner kids singing "Cinderelly, cinderelly, cinderelly" at me in the hallway, actually. Got a cinderella themed dress and I thought that I wished I could show them, lol.

Helpful Sweetheart

13,175 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
eek : Hmmm

Let's see
I've only worn Lolita once (not many places to go & still learning about the subject).

We went to the mall (me & now Ex boyfriend) after our dinner date for my birthday.
Well, I kept my head down like any other time (because of my shyness)
anyway no one said anything to me & one store lady said I had cute shoes.

while walking around nothing much happen, and had a great time (I guess?)
but apparently someone decided it was a good idea to stalk us?, well that's what he told me the year that followed. because he didn't want me scared during our date, "there was a following us for quit some time. I start noticing this man after the third shop in" he said. "but I scare him away my eyes" he said.

but the story doesn't end there. . .
before dinner & the mall we went downtown
to the bookshop. nothing happens (so I thought) but he did say
some guys ask "How much did that cost?!?". no one ask me anything just went & ask him all the questions. I don't know why though, but back to the story
so two days later after my first try being a "Lolita". it had gotten a lot worst, I've been told, he left out some random person (he might have seen once in a group), while at college came up to him start yelling & causing a scene.
I don't know in details what the man said, because he wouldn't tell me. it gotten to the point they had to call the police.

I still can't believe someone could remember us for 2 DAYS, then finds out what college my ex went too. I even think that person knew where we live ! ! !.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Witch_Kitty666
Hmmm

Let's see
I've only worn Lolita once (not many places to go & still learning about the subject).

We went to the mall (me & now Ex boyfriend) after our dinner date for my birthday.

but apparently someone decided it was a good idea to stalk us?, well that's what he told me the year that followed. because he didn't want me scared during our date, "there was a following us for quit some time. I start noticing this man after the third shop in" he said. "but I scare him away my eyes" he said.

some guys ask "How much did that cost?!?". no one ask me anything just went & ask him all the questions. I don't know why though, but back to the story
so two days later after my first try being a "Lolita". it had gotten a lot worst, I've been told, he left out some random person (he might have seen once in a group), while at college came up to him start yelling & causing a scene.
I don't know in details what the man said, because he wouldn't tell me. it gotten to the point they had to call the police.

I still can't believe someone could remember us for 2 DAYS, then finds out what college my ex went too. I even think that person knew where we live ! ! !.
Pumpkin, it sounds to me like this had nothing to do with what you were wearing, the outfit just seems coincidental.
He'd probably been following you for a while and most likely just saw you with your (ex)boyfriend while you were on campus with him.
Not saying it to scare you, just telling you to be careful. Always keep your head up and be alert.
No one has the right to follow you without your permission, lolita or otherwise.
Be safe girls and boys!

Helpful Sweetheart

13,175 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Angel_Takio
Witch_Kitty666
Hmmm

Let's see

Pumpkin, it sounds to me like this had nothing to do with what you were wearing, the outfit just seems coincidental.
He'd probably been following you for a while and most likely just saw you with your (ex)boyfriend while you were on campus with him.
Not saying it to scare you, just telling you to be careful. Always keep your head up and be alert.
No one has the right to follow you without your permission, lolita or otherwise.
Be safe girls and boys!

thanks but i wasn't on the campus, when the man came up to my ex-boyfriend. we both go to different schools. but thank you for listening heart sweatdrop

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Witch_Kitty666
Angel_Takio
Witch_Kitty666
Hmmm

Let's see

Be safe girls and boys!

thanks but i wasn't on the campus, when the man came up to my ex-boyfriend. we both go to different schools. but thank you for listening heart sweatdrop
Actually, I meant you were on his campus, but again, it doesn't matter.
The important thing is you are safe.
3nodding

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
One guy thought I was a prostitute once emotion_0A0

I really don't know how. I was wearing a more casual lolita outfit because it was hot that day: It was a knee-length crinoline skirt (Not see-though), opaque grey leggings, Mary Janes and this cute t-shirt that had little ruffles on the edges. Somehow this guy translated it as me being a hooker so he walked up to me all discreetly on my way to the bathroom and asked that, if I wasn't already with a client, he would like to know what my rates were.

Honestly I was too shocked to even respond to him. I just walked away and prayed he didn't follow me.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Harley Hearts Mr J
One guy thought I was a prostitute once emotion_0A0

I really don't know how. I was wearing a more casual lolita outfit because it was hot that day: It was a knee-length crinoline skirt (Not see-though), opaque grey leggings, Mary Janes and this cute t-shirt that had little ruffles on the edges. Somehow this guy translated it as me being a hooker so he walked up to me all discreetly on my way to the bathroom and asked that, if I wasn't already with a client, he would like to know what my rates were.

Honestly I was too shocked to even respond to him. I just walked away and prayed he didn't follow me.
eek
How.... how do you even....?!
Oh god, I'm so sorry sweetie!

Helpful Sweetheart

13,175 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Angel_Takio
Witch_Kitty666
Angel_Takio
Witch_Kitty666
Hmmm

Actually, I meant you were on his campus, but again, it doesn't matter.
The important thing is you are safe.
3nodding

i see

i was at home & a sleep. eek

Tipsy Bunny

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Meh. I just get the usual snide remarks and questions about he circus a work for. Then again, I'm not afraid to tell someone off for being a jerk. Just cause I'm in a filly pink dress don't make me a weak little girl.

Stand up for yourselves Lolis!

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
Not sure how often people here go on egl but this. Since that was my friend who posted that, I can say on both stories it was an interestin experience. When she got word that the dress she sold was slashed she felt so bad but like couldnt do much because it was marked down and only that much could have be given back, which was not close to the 500$ it was. The slash was in the middle of the dress toooo.

FOr myself I generalyl dont get comments unless I am with a group, which do range from interest to omg is it halloween already?

Friendly Conventioneer

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Timid 100
Well I don't have one of myself, and I wouldn't call this a horror story, but once a friend and I went to a convention and she had a pretty rough morning. We had spent the weeks before that con sprucing and altering one of her older dresses from her starting lolita days. We added some lovely lace, sewed a new belt for it, added some secondary colors and a new headbow, and even added cute broach. It was just as she wanted. Then we arrived and sat down in a seating area before any events started to wait for some of her friends. Within these 20 minutes before the con really started, she got chocolate on her dress. When she noticed, she immediately got up to go to the bathroom to try to wash it off, and the bottom of one of her shoes came off more than halfway. I just removed it the rest of the way so she could at least walk to the bathroom. I don't think the stain came out if I recall correctly. Then she decided to go outside and wait in the hot Summer sun with a friend who had not pre-registered and was stuck in the pay-at-door line for at least an hour and a half with her broken shoe and stained dress. And now she was sweating. She was pretty demoralized that the coord she spent so much time sprucing up was demolished before anyone else could see it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff