Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lolita?

Lolita. ♡ 1 100.0% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Lover

☆ Which style(s) do you prefer wearing?
I prefer sweet/classic and would LOVE to combine the two styles!
☆ How long have you been in with the Lolita fashion and what got you into it?
i've been a lolita for about two months now, and my wardrobe is a mess lol but i've been into it for pretty much my whole life lol
☆ Do you make or buy your outfit(s)? Or both?
ugh! i wish i could make my own dresses! i buy everything except for a few accessories i made myself.
☆ Do you/can you incorporate more than one style into an outfit?
i want to try my best to incorporate sweet/classic into all my coords 4laugh
☆ Is Steampunk Lolita an actual style? (I like steampunk/vintage type clothing although I do not wear them. They are pretty nonetheless.)
i think you could make a lot of non-lolita styles lolita! be creative! there's got to be some lolitas out there that have successfully incorporated steampunk fashion!
☆ If guys wanted to dress in this fashion but not in dresses and such, is it possible for them to incorporate different styles (i.e. Sweet, Guro, Shiro, Goth, etc.) into Ouji/Kodona or is there already a male version of this fashion?
I would say yes, mainly because I have seen males wear AATP blouses and such but aren't exactly brolitas...?? personally, i call it "prince fashion" and i want a prince boyfriend for myself 4laugh anyone can wear lolita fashion/lolita garments in any way they want regardless of gender
☆ How do you feel about rainbowy/neon/bright-colored outfits? Do you think it'll work out if such an outfit is made?
!!!!!!! this is just my own personal opinion !!!!!! i can't STAND rainbow print/neon colors. you have to realllllllllllly work it for me to like it. i'm very very very picky. if angelic pretty were to come out with a dress that was mainly rainbow/neon colors or even just a hot pink dress, even if the print was gorgeous, i wouldn't like it. i am almost exclusively into pastel colors. if you like bright and neon colors, good for you! but personally, i can't stand them
☆ Opinions on Cosplay Lolita? I'm curious about this; many don't seem to like this "style".
okay.. another topic where i might offend people. if you like cosplay lolita, by all means wear it and love what you're wearing! i encourage you to do so! but personally, i think it looks cheap and tacky. you could argue with me about this, but i just can't find anything about cosplay lolita that i like.
☆ Opinions on dresses/skirts/outfits altered from the standard outifts? (i.e. High-low skirt/dress, separate sleeves, turtlenecks, corsets, etc.)
i actually have an op that i want to crop and make into a skirt! it's bonne chance collection's 'playful kitten' dress. and i LOVE the dress, but the waist/torso is too big for me, but the sleeves are too small!
☆ Opinions on clothing modified to look like Lolita fashion but isn't technically it?
dude. my bonne chance dress isn't lolita, but it's a gorgeous print and if i cut it right, it would be the perfect skirt for a sweet lolita.
☆ How long does it take you to put on your outfit and do your hair and makeup?
if i'm going to get all dressed up, i want everything to be perfect. it doesn't take me very long to do my makeup, maybe half an hour if i want to keep it simple, an hour tops?? my hair takes little to no time since i'm just putting on a wig.
☆ What are you currently working on?
building my wardrobe/building a decent coord
☆ Do you prefer your dresses/skirts above or below your knees?
i like them to my knees or above, which is super annoying because all of my dresses go below my knees!
☆ Do you prefer to match your outfit by color or by theme/style?
i have freaking ocd when it comes to outfits. everything has to match perfectly by all three color/theme/style. not only in lolita, but in all of my other casual daily outfits. if something is off, i will feel super off and it will bug me the entire day.
☆ What type of shoes do you prefer to wear with your outfit regardless of color and theme?
i don't own any lolita shoes at the moment cry i want a pair of white teaparties from maybe antania or bodyline, just because i know they would match pretty much everything in my wardrobe at the moment.
☆ How much have you spent on Lolita fashion?
too much sad
☆ Fashion peeves?
i've seen quite a few lolitas wear their dresses without petticoats.......... burning_eyes or when people just throw on every brand piece they own and none of it matches gonk or omg. when people over accessorize in their hair and it looks too cluttered cry
☆ Personal preference in what to wear together as an outfit? (i.e. One piece, skirts, sleeveless, cardigan, no cardigan, frills and lace, no frills and lace, stocking, socks, hair up, hair down, etc.)
i prefer OP's all the way, all day every day. an OP, cardigan, a nice headdress, tons of frills and lace, sheer tights and lace ankle socks, platform heels or even teaparty flats are all cute and make really nice coords!
☆ Favorite stores?
i can't tell if that means favorite brands, or places to buy lolita? i usually get everything from lacemarket, and am in a few facebook groups that are meant for selling lolita. i haven't tried anything else, if ebay doesn't count?
☆ What are some terms and abbreviations that I should know around here? o u o
well, you probably already know what jsk, op, and otk all stand for? nothing i can really think of, but if you find something new and cool, tell me!

i make myself sound really really mean in this post............ forgive me

Invisible Phantom

Lavender248

Fae Queen Mab

Ooh, I find Classic Lolita very vintage.
Is it cheaper to buy the materials and make your own or to buy the outfit?
I find the dresses for Aristocrat Lolita a bit too long for my taste, but they're very elegant. I have to admit, I fine Aristocrat more elegant than Elegant Lolita itself. ^ ^;
Yee. I'd wear a rainbow Lolita outfit if it was pastel; bold colors are a bit too . . . bold. cx
As for the modifying to make look like Lolita fashion response, I meant something like a plaid shirt, change it up a bit to make it look like a cardigan, wear it with a dark JSK with extra ruffles and whatnot, and stuff like that. Basically using what you have to make Lolita clothing without pertaining to a specific or any particular style. Is this a bit too confusing? sweatdrop
Aren't the bottom parts suppose to reach at most one or two inches above the knee? I read something about modesty and not showing too much skin. o u o

It depends on what materials you buy, there are many fabrics that cost a load! But if you check for coupons and know your fabrics it can be very cheap. I just finished a JSK for free because I found the fabric in a pile of other fabrics that my mom had just sitting around the house for years. Another dress cost me $2, because it was a $2 sale at goodwill, and the bottom was much too long so I cut it up for additional frills and still have extra. I just bought fabric for a pretty elaborate petticoat, the fabric cost $16 for 4 yards. I’ve seen petticoats go for $40 to $80 online. So I really think it is more cost efficient, but it depends on the print. Nice prints cost more, and many people just fall in love with prints you can only get from brand stores. Also, not everyone knows how to sew or can do it well enough for a dress. It would cost far too much to pay a tailor to make one for you. But I like making my own because I can customize the sizing and add anything I want to it.

Also, if you find/ buy a pattern you like, you can reuse it with a different fabric/ print for a completely new looking dress!

And on altering clothes, ah! I think that definitely counts as lolita, things don’t have to be super specific after all.

2 inches above the knee is perfectly fine, and I would I wear that, but I think I like at the knee the most, sometimes just below it. I was raised not to show anything really, so the idea of dresses at all is slightly foreign and I still like to cover up as much as I can- but I don’t mind it at all on other people. I’m just a bit odd like that.

8,125 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
classic or class-sweet. i like gothic sometimes, too.
since spring of 2012
buy. want to do some lolita crafts, though
yep
☆ Is Steampunk Lolita an actual style?
yes
☆ If guys wanted to dress in this fashion but not in dresses and such, is it possible for them to incorporate different styles or is there already a male version of this fashion?
there is a male version of this fashion, but i dislike everyone except EGA
☆ How do you feel about rainbowy/neon/bright-colored outfits? Do you think it'll work out if such an outfit is made?
possibly
☆ Opinions on Cosplay Lolita?
meh . dont care
☆ Opinions on dresses/skirts/outfits altered from the standard outifts?
a good fit is very important and sometimes it needs tailored. i think its perfectly fine.
☆ Opinions on clothing modified to look like Lolita fashion but isn't technically it?
go for it
at least 30 min
building my wardrobe
above. i dont think below the knees look as good
depends. either or both
☆ What type of shoes do you prefer to wear with your outfit regardless of color and theme?
heeled
its been over 2 years and i spend a minimum of 1k a month so....
$24,000 minimum
☆ Fashion peeves?
got too many to count
☆ Personal preference in what to wear together as an outfit?
i like toned down so neutral colors or anything that makes the outfit pop out less
☆ Favorite stores?
angelic pretty, innocent world, BTSSB, AatP, Meta, VM, MM, excentrique. JetJ
the basics. JSK, OP, OTK, WTT, WTB, VM, MM, AP, JetJ, BTSSB, AatP, MmM

BunnyPen's Senpai

Cat

The Nekomimi

You're welcome.

What aspects of Gothic Lolita makes it gothic? Like, how does it make it any different from Kuro Lolita? Kuro is all black, but isn't Gothic too? Sorry, I can't tell the difference. ^ ^;
Aww, I bet the guys are too embarrassed to embrace the pink and pastel-ness of Sweet Lolita. emotion_awesome
Yes! Those little heels are adorable! And I agree with the tall heels. What about rocking horse shoes? They're not technically heels but they're sorta high. Cx I can't wear anything over an inch or I'd fall over on my first step. gonk
Oh, I see. Is it hard to walk around and work in Lolita clothing with all those layers of fabric and all?

Yeah, sorry. Ahaha. ^ ^;
Oh, you wear the shorter kind of bloomers. I saw some outfits with long bloomers that reach the knees . . . or are those frilly pants instead? O _ O

casnip

Oomph, Sweet+Classic would make a cute combo. > w <
I agree with your opinion of wearing what we want, though I've heard that there are quite a few number of Lolita's who criticize those who aren't following the guidelines of Lolita fashion. o n o
Lol. What if there were small splashes of rainbow-ness in an outfit? Like a small hair clip here, a little wristband there, and a small little rainbow print over here over a pastel-majority outfit?
I take it that Cosplay Lolita isn't technically Lolita fashion at all, just a term used to describe those who tried to but failed? ^ ^;
Oomph. That feeling of having a dress that doesn't fit. O A O
If you had the money for shoes, would you buy one of every color to match every outfit? o w o
Overly accessorized Lolitas make me cringe, no offense to anyone. It's just, wow, too much! TOO MUCH.

Yee, you didn't sound mean. This thread to discuss and express your opinions on Lolita fashion, and you did just that. No offense taken. heart

Fae Queen Mab

Ooh, so it must be great to know how to tailor clothing. Did you start making your own clothing when you first got into Lolita fashion or did you learn to do it along the way?

Ah, so you can freestyle your outfits? On a side note, I'd like to see a stitch Lolita dress were the whole outfit is made with different patches of fabric; just a thought. o w o

Oh, a bit of modesty couldn't hurt anyone. Do you knee-length socks or tights? Or both? Cx

A t r o c i t y

Oomph, 2 years and $24k?! Wow, that's a lot of money! XD
What is EGA? o w o
Do you prefer to have your clothing fit perfectly or allow a bit of loose snuggly room? o w o
Oh, how high of a heel are you talking about? The dainty little ones or the mega high ones? O U O
So, you like light colors but not exactly pastel colors? Like white, off white, beige, and those kinds?
What is that one thing you cannot stand at all, an automatic no, in Lolita fashion. Something that makes you cry at first sight?

Invisible Phantom

Lavender248

Fae Queen Mab

Ooh, so it must be great to know how to tailor clothing. Did you start making your own clothing when you first got into Lolita fashion or did you learn to do it along the way?

Ah, so you can freestyle your outfits? On a side note, I'd like to see a stitch Lolita dress were the whole outfit is made with different patches of fabric; just a thought. o w o

Oh, a bit of modesty couldn't hurt anyone. Do you knee-length socks or tights? Or both? Cx

I happened to already know how to sew clothes before lolita ^^ but I had never done the lolita style before, so it was a great learning experience. I love clothes made of mix matched patches! I think their so cute and make me think of the woods and cottages.

I wear knee socks a lot, and I do wear tights but not nearly as often just because I find them a bit less comfortable.

BunnyPen's Senpai

Cat

Fae Queen Mab

I happened to already know how to sew clothes before lolita ^^ but I had never done the lolita style before, so it was a great learning experience. I love clothes made of mix matched patches! I think their so cute and make me think of the woods and cottages.

I wear knee socks a lot, and I do wear tights but not nearly as often just because I find them a bit less comfortable.

Oh, that's fantastic! When you make a dress/skirt, you have to do it by layers right? I believe it's really time consuming?

Yee. When I think of patches, I think of something like: Hey, I don't have enough of one fabric to make an outfit but I have enough fabric total to be able to and I'm gonna own it and by the time I'm done, it's gonna be awesome. emotion_awesome

Yes, I find tights a bit annoying in general, especially when they kinda slip down a bit throughout the day and then you're like, shoot, now what? and have to pull it up bit by bit. With socks, you can just tug it back up and you're good to go. C:

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Lavender248

Gothic Lolita has a lot of motifs in the dresses such as crosses, rosaries, bats, coffins, ect. It has a lot of gothic influences, hence "Gothic Lolita". And unlike Kuro Lolita, Gothic Lolita doesn't have to be strictly black. It can be other darker colors like wine red. Just because something is all black, doesn't necessarily mean it's Gothic.

Hmm...I'm not sure about rockinghorse shoes. Personally, I've never worn them myself. They look a little intimidating to me, with their size and all. But from what I've heard others that they're comfortable.

Sometimes it can be hard to walk around. You can get pretty hot too.

Those are still bloomers. They just happen to come in a variety of lengths. It's a matter of personal preference and what you find comfortable, and for me that's the shorter kind. I also don't want my bloomers peeking out of my skirt, why I also choose shorter bloomers.

Invisible Phantom

Lavender248
Fae Queen Mab

Oh, that's fantastic! When you make a dress/skirt, you have to do it by layers right? I believe it's really time consuming?

Yee. When I think of patches, I think of something like: Hey, I don't have enough of one fabric to make an outfit but I have enough fabric total to be able to and I'm gonna own it and by the time I'm done, it's gonna be awesome. emotion_awesome

Yes, I find tights a bit annoying in general, especially when they kinda slip down a bit throughout the day and then you're like, shoot, now what? and have to pull it up bit by bit. With socks, you can just tug it back up and you're good to go. C:

XD that’s exactly why I dislike tights. Unless I’m wearing tight pants, but that’s hard to do under a dress a lot of times.

Patches can be tricky because you have to make sure all the fabric still looks good together.

Not all dresses have a lot of layers, some are far more simple. But yes, if it is in different layers, that’s how you got to do it, like the petticoat I’m working on.

8,125 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lavender248

Oomph, 2 years and $24k?! Wow, that's a lot of money! XD
What is EGA? o w o
Do you prefer to have your clothing fit perfectly or allow a bit of loose snuggly room? o w o
Oh, how high of a heel are you talking about? The dainty little ones or the mega high ones? O U O
So, you like light colors but not exactly pastel colors? Like white, off white, beige, and those kinds?
What is that one thing you cannot stand at all, an automatic no, in Lolita fashion. Something that makes you cry at first sight?

Elegant Gothic Aristocrat
I like a good fit. Baggy fitting doesnt suit lolita at all. It defeats the whole silhouette
mid heels or any comfortable height. skyscraper heels are a definite no
dusty colors, grays, n***s. very conservative colors. nothing bright like neon. jewel tones are good ,too
peignoirs. those are hideous with lolita.. especially the ones that are longer than the skirt

Lover

Lavender248
casnip
I prefer sweet/classic and would LOVE to combine the two styles!
i've been a lolita for about two months now, and my wardrobe is a mess but i've been into it for pretty much my whole life lol
ugh! i wish i could make my own dresses! i buy everything except for a few accessories i made myself.
i want to try my best to incorporate sweet/classic into all my coords
☆ Is Steampunk Lolita an actual style? (I like steampunk/vintage type clothing although I do not wear them. They are pretty nonetheless.)
i think you could make a lot of non-lolita styles lolita! be creative! there's got to be some lolitas out there that have successfully incorporated steampunk fashion!
☆ If guys wanted to dress in this fashion but not in dresses and such, is it possible for them to incorporate different styles (i.e. Sweet, Guro, Shiro, Goth, etc.) into Ouji/Kodona or is there already a male version of this fashion?
I would say yes, mainly because I have seen males wear AATP blouses and such but aren't exactly brolitas...?? personally, i call it "prince fashion" and i want a prince boyfriend for myself anyone can wear lolita fashion/lolita garments in any way they want regardless of gender
!!!!!!! this is just my own personal opinion !!!!!! i can't STAND rainbow print/neon colors. you have to realllllllllllly work it for me to like it. i'm very very very picky. if angelic pretty were to come out with a dress that was mainly rainbow/neon colors or even just a hot pink dress, even if the print was gorgeous, i wouldn't like it. i am almost exclusively into pastel colors. if you like bright and neon colors, good for you! but personally, i can't stand them
☆ Opinions on Cosplay Lolita? I'm curious about this; many don't seem to like this "style".
okay.. another topic where i might offend people. if you like cosplay lolita, by all means wear it and love what you're wearing! i encourage you to do so! but personally, i think it looks cheap and tacky. you could argue with me about this, but i just can't find anything about cosplay lolita that i like.
☆ Opinions on dresses/skirts/outfits altered from the standard outifts? (i.e. High-low skirt/dress, separate sleeves, turtlenecks, corsets, etc.)
i actually have an op that i want to crop and make into a skirt! it's bonne chance collection's 'playful kitten' dress. and i LOVE the dress, but the waist/torso is too big for me, but the sleeves are too small!
dude. my bonne chance dress isn't lolita, but it's a gorgeous print and if i cut it right, it would be the perfect skirt for a sweet lolita.
if i'm going to get all dressed up, i want everything to be perfect. it doesn't take me very long to do my makeup, maybe half an hour if i want to keep it simple, an hour tops?? my hair takes little to no time since i'm just putting on a wig.
building my wardrobe/building a decent coord
i like them to my knees or above, which is super annoying because all of my dresses go below my knees!
i have freaking ocd when it comes to outfits. everything has to match perfectly by all three color/theme/style. not only in lolita, but in all of my other casual daily outfits. if something is off, i will feel super off and it will bug me the entire day.
i don't own any lolita shoes at the moment i want a pair of white teaparties from maybe antania or bodyline, just because i know they would match pretty much everything in my wardrobe at the moment.
too much
☆ Fashion peeves?
i've seen quite a few lolitas wear their dresses without petticoats.......... or when people just throw on every brand piece they own and none of it matches or omg. when people over accessorize in their hair and it looks too cluttered
☆ Personal preference in what to wear together as an outfit? (i.e. One piece, skirts, sleeveless, cardigan, no cardigan, frills and lace, no frills and lace, stocking, socks, hair up, hair down, etc.)
i prefer OP's all the way, all day every day. an OP, cardigan, a nice headdress, tons of frills and lace, sheer tights and lace ankle socks, platform heels or even teaparty flats are all cute and make really nice coords!
☆ Favorite stores?
i can't tell if that means favorite brands, or places to buy lolita? i usually get everything from lacemarket, and am in a few facebook groups that are meant for selling lolita. i haven't tried anything else, if ebay doesn't count?
well, you probably already know what jsk, op, and otk all stand for? nothing i can really think of, but if you find something new and cool, tell me!

i make myself sound really really mean in this post............ forgive me

Oomph, Sweet+Classic would make a cute combo. > w <
I agree with your opinion of wearing what we want, though I've heard that there are quite a few number of Lolita's who criticize those who aren't following the guidelines of Lolita fashion. o n o
Lol. What if there were small splashes of rainbow-ness in an outfit? Like a small hair clip here, a little wristband there, and a small little rainbow print over here over a pastel-majority outfit?
I take it that Cosplay Lolita isn't technically Lolita fashion at all, just a term used to describe those who tried to but failed? ^ ^;
Oomph. That feeling of having a dress that doesn't fit. O A O
If you had the money for shoes, would you buy one of every color to match every outfit? o w o
Overly accessorized Lolitas make me cringe, no offense to anyone. It's just, wow, too much! TOO MUCH.

Yee, you didn't sound mean. This thread to discuss and express your opinions on Lolita fashion, and you did just that. No offense taken. heart

ahhh yeah, i mean everyone has their own sense of individuality in the style and sometimes it's hard not to be biased when looking at other people's coords if it doesn't suit your own tastes. like honestly, i am the queen of being judgmental and it sometimes gets in the way of appreciating an outfit just because it's different than something i'd normally like?? and honestly, i guess it just really depends on the rainbow?? if it's a simple pastel rainbow print then i would probably enjoy it. and as for cosplay lolita, i mean....... i have zero right to tell anyone how to dress so i do feel really bad for bashing it, haha. sweatdrop and uuggghhhhh yes, it's a struggle when you have a smaller waist and a larger bust cry and then when the dress doesn't fit it never gets worn gonk also YES, if i had the money i would have boatloads of shoes tbh

Golden Garbage

20,750 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
☆ If I had the clothing, I would definitely opt for Gothic or Sailor.
☆ I got into the fashion in... 2009, I think? I just know it's been a while for me.
☆ I would prefer buying them, eventually.
☆ I think, if done correctly, you can incorporate more than one style into an outfit. I've seen some pictures of Sweet + Punk which looked awesome, and Sweet + Ouji look adorable when pulled off correctly!
☆ I've seen it done before, so I think it can be used.
☆ Ouji / Kodona is already a good alternative for those guys who don't want to wear the dresses. They can try incorporating punk or visual kei into it if they wanted, or some Gothic or Sweet into it if they're like that.
☆ I personally don't think super bright or neon colors will work out in this fashion. Unless you can pull off Punk pretty well.
☆ Cosplay Lolita is just that-- cosplay. Many Lolitas get aupset when people see a girl (or boy) dressed in a Lolita-esque ensemble and it's pulled off really well, but they think it's just a costume.
☆ I happen to like corsets, but I really don't have a set opinion on this matter.
☆ If it's small things, like a blouse or skirt or accessories, I say go for it. Some of the things these other Lolitas make are superb!
☆ When I do wear dresses or skirts, I like them above the knees.
☆ Most of the time, I cannot stand when people wear white shoes with colored socks. I just can't.
☆ I go for more lace and little frills unless it has some sort of theme going on (a lot of the dresses I like have candy and fairy tale prints)I would prefer OPs and OTK socks with high heeled Mary Janes, and my hair down and straightened.
☆ Baby, the Stars Shine Bright!

Sparkly Fairy

Classic and sweet as well as various sub-sub styles

Interested since mid 2012 started wearing around june last year. Got into it because I thought it was beautiful (there is a much longer explanation to this XD)

I have made so far a blouse and a few accessories. Prefer to buy because fabric in my country is very expensive if you want good quality.

☆ Do you/can you incorporate more than one style into an outfit? (i.e. Sweet + Hime, Country + Punk, Punk + Sweet, Guro + Sweet) I'd like to see how Hime + Ouji work out. cx ☆ Is Steampunk Lolita an actual style? (I like steampunk/vintage type clothing although I do not wear them. They are pretty nonetheless.) ☆ If guys wanted to dress in this fashion but not in dresses and such, is it possible for them to incorporate different styles (i.e. Sweet, Guro, Shiro, Goth, etc.) into Ouji/Kodona or is there already a male version of this fashion? And I don't think Brolita is the corresponding term to what I'm thinking about. cx ☆ How do you feel about rainbowy/neon/bright-colored outfits? Do you think it'll work out if such an outfit is made?
All of those have the same answer. It can be done. But the problem is finding someone who can do it well.
It isn't a style. A lot of the beginners websites you have been looking at include it as a style, and I really am not sure why. I guess it is to distance it from other lolita styles? Lolita fashion is a fashion, cosplay lolita is a costume. Cosplay lolita is never done well, that is what distinguishes it from the other styles IMO. One can cosplay in lolita but wear a good coordinate, and have it be actual lolita fashion. Cosplay lolita is almost always lower quality and involves copious amounts of bad lace, costume satin and corset lacing that doesn't do anything. People can make themed coordinates and fandom coords that are more costumey, and I don't like those much either, but they are generally more accepted because they at least follow the fashion aesthetic.

Can be done well but only by someone with experience. Turtlenecks are great for an otome look and detachable sleeves are nice to add old school flair (however if you mean arm warmers by "separate sleeves" then they rarely look good)

If something looks like lolita fashion and could be recognised as it then it is. Depending on the quality and stuff. I am in a coord help group on Facebook and someone recently posted a picture of themselves in an off brand skirt. It wasn't really loliable but because of the rest of their outfit it was nice for a casual look smile .

Half hour to an hour.

Making accessories for an indie brand type thing I am starting smile .

Slightly above the knees for sweet but longer for classic!

Both are equally as important. It is more important to match by colour, but if you throw on every pink thing you have it won't look good.
Flat shoes. Bodyline shoes251, which I own in brown and red. It does depend on colour and theme when you are making a coord though as a classic coord will require a more mature shoe style.

I am estimating but I have around:
$230 worth of JSK
$150 worth of skirt
$75 worth of blouse/cutsew(excluding off brand)
$140 of shoes
$60 of hairstuff
However sometimes my parents pay for my clothes.

☆ Fashion peeves?
Id rather not say as it is very subjective, but in general people trying to put together a "unique" coord and having it look bad because they can't coordinate well. I think peignoirs are really cute actually but only in certain coords. And unnatural looking wigs -_-

Im confused... I like partially shirred jsks with (even if they have a blouse) something over them as I don't like people to see how much the shirring is stretched (Im pretty busty) although I never wear anything that is too tight XD. I think skirts are cute but you shouldn't wear one with a bolero as skirt waists are lower than jsk waists so there is a bunch of blouse showing in the middle and it looks weird.

☆ Favorite stores?
I don't really have a favourite store but more favourite pieces by a bunch of different brands.

Just the general ones you see on the sites you are looking at and also brand name abbreviations (which you should be able to find a list of)

☆If Gaia made some of their Lolita items into real clothing, would you wear them? Which would yo
none of them - I don't think they would look well IRL

A hint of advice - I would recommend looking at CGL if you don't mind swearing and some bullying behaviours. Don't necessarily participate, but it is an amazing place to just watch because even if the people are a bit rude, they have a much higher standard than typical lolitas/cosplayers and have helped me a lot with understanding what goes well in a coord. Since its all anonymous they may be a bit more vocal about their opinions but I feel like they mean well smile . A lot of people say not to go there but I feel like they haven't really looked at the whole picture and only a few specific instances.

Kawaii Girl

Old-school sweet Lolita.

About 8 years, but I don't remember what got me into it.

I've made a skirt and a bow I like to wear and repaired some of my favorite clothes, but that's all I've sewn so far.

Of course you can. Some combinations just don't make sense and some are more difficult, but a Lolita outfit doesn't always fit neatly into one category.

☆ Is Steampunk Lolita an actual style?
It probably depends on who you ask. It's not common.

Neons don't really work in Lolita in my opinion. For fairy kei you could do it.

Cosplay Lolita isn't a style, it's a costume. If someone were cosplaying a Lolita character I would be cool with that, but I don't really get it when people "Lolita-ify" a character or object from a series. I don't think I've ever seen it work well, but maybe once or twice.

Please no separate sleeves.

I don't understand this question. You can modify non-Lolita clothing to make it Lolita and that wouldn't be a problem at all. If people modify clothing to try to make it Lolita but it still isn't, then they should wear what they like, but just not call it Lolita.

It depends. I pretty much never style my hair because it refuses to be styled, and I often don't wear makeup. If I wear makeup and take my time experimenting with accessories, I might take an hour and a half tops?

I like them just below / in the middle of my knees, but they're harder to find that way.

I think both are important, but color is most important.

I pretty much always wear mary janes if I'm dressing cute.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start calculating that at this point.

☆ Favorite stores?
Baby, the Stars Shine Bright.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Bittersweet & Gothic. But I've worn it all pretty much.

In 2001, a high school friend passed around a FrUit's Photo book, and I loved all the early Lolita looks in it, along with the general crazy bright colors semi-decora Harajuku look of the time. I've been in and out of the fashion since.

Mostly buy, but I've made about half a dozen skirts and a bunch of accessories.

☆ Do you/can you incorporate more than one style into an outfit? (i.e. Sweet + Hime, Country + Punk, Punk + Sweet, Guro + Sweet) I'd like to see how Hime + Ouji work out. cx
I mean, I kind of do a sweet/punk thing sometimes, mostly because going punk and going casual are pretty similar, just with a few extra accessories. I think its a lot easier with current trends to make an outfit that blurs the lines between sub-styles.

Kind of? You have to do it just right to not be called a newb by either steampunks or lolitas. Most steampunk Lolita outfits I've seen are either Lolita with lots of brown, or steampunk with a petticoat.

☆ If guys wanted to dress in this fashion but not in dresses and such, is it possible for them to incorporate different styles (i.e. Sweet, Guro, Shiro, Goth, etc.) into Ouji/Kodona or is there already a male version of this fashion? And I don't think Brolita is the corresponding term to what I'm thinking about. cx
I have seen some pretty cool sweet kodona/ouji outfits, I can't see why you couldn't do a ouji/kodona version of almost any style.

Eh, I'm not a fan. Lolita still has a lot of historical elements to it, and bright/neon colors just don't fit. I don't even like some of the indie brand space prints that are in bright colors.

Its not really a sub-style. Its like Cosplay Goth, its not a thing.

I don't understand the question?

There's not really a classification of clothing that is or isn't Lolita, except for main pieces that are designed specifically for the style. You can alter a top to fit the Lolita aesthetic and wear it with your dresses and no one will call you a newb because your top wasn't originally Lolita or something like that.

Depends on the outfit. Casual looks are quick and easy, but I could easily spend an hour on hair and makeup for an OTT look.

Making my Lolita wardrobe more flexible. I pretty much just have all-out dress looks, and casual everyday skirt looks. Trying to mix it up, and also toss in a few other fashion styles (mostly mori girl and fairy kei)

I usually like skirts to brush the top of my knees. I think that length flatters my legs best. But I have some below-the-knees skirts for more mature looks.

I try for both, but color is more important.

Boots for punk/goth looks, tea party shoes for sweet looks, or beautiful high heels with anything elegant.

Too much, hahaha!

☆ Fashion peeves?
Crazy OTT eye make-up, and circle lenses. Those plus a crazy wig really puts the style into costume territory.

Uhhh..... that really depends on the pieces you have & the look you're going for. I really love wearing a JSK and a cardigan, its a nice, semi-casual look for me. But not all of my JSKs look good that way, only some of them.

☆ Favorite stores?
I'm an Angelic Pretty brandwhore, LOL!

Uhhh... a lot? LOL ask me if I used one you don't know!

☆If Gaia made some of their Lolita items into real clothing, would you wear them? Which would you wear?
Eh, I'm not very up-to-date on Gaia's Lolita options. I think there's a grey skirt/dress? with bunnies on the hem that I've seen around, that's cute. I'd wear that.

Summery Girl

☆ Which style(s) do you prefer wearing? I like classic, sweet, and goth. Right now my wardrobe is straddling the line between classic and sweet, but I'd love to get 3 or 4 goth coords together.
☆ How long have you been in with the Lolita fashion and what got you into it? Oh man, I've been into it forever. Blame my sister. I'm talking at least 2008.
☆ What are you currently working on? I need a new petti (my homemade one is sh♥t lol!) and new shoes (I'm thinking bodyline's shoes296 in brown, to keep it sweet/classic feeling). So I'm working on getting $$$ for that.
☆ Do you prefer to match your outfit by color or by theme/style? I match by color, mostly. My wardrobe? Brown and cream. Although both are important when wearing lolita, those are generally the colors I've been buying new clothes in so stuff still matches!
☆ What type of shoes do you prefer to wear with your outfit regardless of color and theme? Shoes like bodyline's shoes296...flat mary janes!
☆ Personal preference in what to wear together as an outfit? I like OPs the best...they're so handy. Like an INSTANT outfit! Throw on an OP with ivory tights and some ivory bows in your hair and you're set.
☆ Favorite stores? I love Innocent World to death, but tbh for accessories my favorite is Forever21!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff