Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Monopoly is a pretty fun little game, and I thought of something that would probably be popular with Lolita fans, even if it is essentially piggybacking on the success of the classic board game. Lolified Monopoly!

Players build their own monopoly by purchasing various brands and Lolita sources. I think it's up to debate which brands would be put into each of the colours, with both Indie and high brand of Lolita fashion.

The brands/sources would be done like this:

Brown
-Milanoo
-Bodyline

Light Blue
-Anna House
-LaceMarket
-Classical Puppets

Pink
-Anna House
-Baroque
-La Vie En Rose

Orange
-Infanta
-Mary Magdalene
-Victorian Maiden

Red
-Antique beasT
-Atelier Pierrot
-Emily Temple Cute

Yellow
-Metamorphose
-Chantilly
-Juliette et Justine

Green
-Angelic Pretty
-Innocent World
-Moi-meme-Moitie

Navy
-Alice & The Pirates
-Baby, The Stars Shine Bright

The utilities of electricity and waterworks would be replaced by WiFi and Tea. (Wifi, gotta have that wifi, man.)

The pieces to represent the players would be:
Crown
Rose
Macaron
Rabbit
Carousel Horse
Teacup
Bow
Coffin

Instead of trains, it would be replaced with Shopping Services:
-Japonica
-Rosarie (I've been told that one's a scam though)
-Usagiyouhinten
-Closet Child

The chance cards could remain as chance, or be called Lucky Packs instead. (Maybe that could be the replacement of the community chance?)

What does everyone think? Would you play it? Or would it need changes?

Kawaii Girl

Sounds cute. I think someone made a Lolita monopoly for a school project once and posted about it on EGL a long time ago.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Princess JessieKate
Sounds cute. I think someone made a Lolita monopoly for a school project once and posted about it on EGL a long time ago.

Aww man, that'd be neat to see 3nodding

Sparkly Fairy

Toxilicks
Princess JessieKate

Aww man, that'd be neat to see 3nodding

Search lolita monopoly in google! I think it has been done a few times smile . Would be fun if we could make a custom board and play online or something...

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Toxilicks
Monopoly is a pretty fun little game, and I thought of something that would probably be popular with Lolita fans, even if it is essentially piggybacking on the success of the classic board game. Lolified Monopoly!

Players build their own monopoly by purchasing various brands and Lolita sources. I think it's up to debate which brands would be put into each of the colours, with both Indie and high brand of Lolita fashion.

Brown
-Milanoo
-Bodyline

Light Blue
-Anna House
-LaceMarket
-Classical Puppets

Pink
-Anna House
-Baroque
-La Vie En Rose

Orange
-Infanta
-Mary Magdalene
-Victorian Maiden

Red
-Antique beasT
-Atelier Pierrot
-Emily Temple Cute

Yellow
-Metamorphose
-Chantilly
-Juliette et Justine

Green
-Angelic Pretty
-Innocent World
-Moi-meme-Moitie

Navy
-Alice & The Pirates

The utilities of electricity and waterworks would be replaced by WiFi and Tea. (Wifi, gotta have that wifi, man.)

Crown
Rose
Macaron
Rabbit
Carousel Horse
Teacup
Bow
Coffin

-Japonica
-Usagiyouhinten
-Closet Child

The chance cards could remain as chance, or be called Lucky Packs instead. (Maybe that could be the replacement of the community chance?)

Why is Milanope even on there? as much as I loathe Mr Yan personally, his products are 2000% better. If you're going to have them on there at all make them the jail or something.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks

Brown
-Milanoo
-Bodyline

Light Blue
-Anna House
-LaceMarket
-Classical Puppets

Pink
-Anna House
-Baroque
-La Vie En Rose

Orange
-Infanta
-Mary Magdalene
-Victorian Maiden

Red
-Antique beasT
-Atelier Pierrot
-Emily Temple Cute

Yellow
-Metamorphose
-Chantilly
-Juliette et Justine

Green
-Angelic Pretty
-Innocent World
-Moi-meme-Moitie

Navy
-Alice & The Pirates

Crown
Rose
Macaron
Rabbit
Carousel Horse
Teacup
Bow
Coffin

-Japonica
-Usagiyouhinten
-Closet Child

Why is Milanope even on there? as much as I loathe Mr Yan personally, his products are 2000% better. If you're going to have them on there at all make them the jail or something.

Actually, that's a good idea, I wasn't sure what to put down for the jail part of the game.
I kinda put Bodyline in the brown because of the joke of how it's the "Walmart of Lolita".
Still, it is kind of unfair of me to put them down so low in the values. sweatdrop

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks

Brown
-Milanoo
-Bodyline

Light Blue
-Anna House
-LaceMarket
-Classical Puppets

Pink
-Anna House
-Baroque
-La Vie En Rose

Orange
-Infanta
-Mary Magdalene
-Victorian Maiden

Red
-Antique beasT
-Atelier Pierrot
-Emily Temple Cute

Yellow
-Metamorphose
-Chantilly
-Juliette et Justine

Green
-Angelic Pretty
-Innocent World
-Moi-meme-Moitie

Navy
-Alice & The Pirates

Crown
Rose
Macaron
Rabbit
Carousel Horse
Teacup
Bow
Coffin

-Japonica
-Usagiyouhinten
-Closet Child

Actually, that's a good idea, I wasn't sure what to put down for the jail part of the game.
I kinda put Bodyline in the brown because of the joke of how it's the "Walmart of Lolita".
Still, it is kind of unfair of me to put them down so low in the values. sweatdrop

Bodyline and DreamV have made some really iffy stuff in the past, but most of their stuff is respectable lately. I don't buy from BL because Mr Yan came to SF and gave me some s**t, but that's a personal problem smile

Hilariously I used to have a Faded Glory top from Walmart that had nice cotton lace on it that I wore as a cutsew until it wore out. The sad thing about lolita is that once you get hooked on good lace, you find out that you sometimes find good lace on clothes from Walmart or Target and sometimes find incredibly awful lace on expensive clothes.

Also, I'd personally put Juliette et Justine, Enchantlic Enchantilly and Excentrique much higher up in the ranks and knock BTSSB down a tad. I get that they have their loyal fandom but they don't even line their waist ties. Angelic Pretty has better construction than they do, and I say that not just because I'm kind of an AP/Chantilly/Putumayo brandh0r, but also because I have to alter my clothes to make them fit and I've taken apart a lot of lolita garments. BTSSB is pretty notorious for minimal use of linings and they don't properly reinforce the waist tie buttons.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks

Brown
-Milanoo
-Bodyline

Light Blue
-Anna House
-LaceMarket
-Classical Puppets

Pink
-Anna House
-Baroque
-La Vie En Rose

Orange
-Infanta
-Mary Magdalene
-Victorian Maiden

Red
-Antique beasT
-Atelier Pierrot
-Emily Temple Cute

Yellow
-Metamorphose
-Chantilly
-Juliette et Justine

Green
-Angelic Pretty
-Innocent World
-Moi-meme-Moitie

Navy
-Alice & The Pirates

Crown
Rose
Macaron
Rabbit
Carousel Horse
Teacup
Bow
Coffin

-Japonica
-Usagiyouhinten
-Closet Child

Bodyline and DreamV have made some really iffy stuff in the past, but most of their stuff is respectable lately. I don't buy from BL because Mr Yan came to SF and gave me some s**t, but that's a personal problem smile

Hilariously I used to have a Faded Glory top from Walmart that had nice cotton lace on it that I wore as a cutsew until it wore out. The sad thing about lolita is that once you get hooked on good lace, you find out that you sometimes find good lace on clothes from Walmart or Target and sometimes find incredibly awful lace on expensive clothes.

I'm still getting used to identifying lace that is "good". I don't buy anymore items with scratchy ratty lace. I used to declare eBay THE store for all eBay goods, however, after buying a replica of AP's Fantastic Dolly, I'm just like "Ohhhh now I understand why people frown upon eBay a lot."

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks

Brown
-Milanoo
-Bodyline

Light Blue
-Anna House
-LaceMarket
-Classical Puppets

Pink
-Anna House
-Baroque
-La Vie En Rose

Orange
-Infanta
-Mary Magdalene
-Victorian Maiden

Red
-Antique beasT
-Atelier Pierrot
-Emily Temple Cute

Yellow
-Metamorphose
-Chantilly
-Juliette et Justine

Green
-Angelic Pretty
-Innocent World
-Moi-meme-Moitie

Navy
-Alice & The Pirates

Crown
Rose
Macaron
Rabbit
Carousel Horse
Teacup
Bow
Coffin

-Japonica
-Usagiyouhinten
-Closet Child

I'm still getting used to identifying lace that is "good". I don't buy anymore items with scratchy ratty lace. I used to declare eBay THE store for all eBay goods, however, after buying a replica of AP's Fantastic Dolly, I'm just like "Ohhhh now I understand why people frown upon eBay a lot."

eBay is pretty terrible unless you are getting secondhand brand, and even then you have to watch out because there's a bunch of Japanese sellers that overprice their s**t like whoa (total-shop-japan, I once saw charging $100+ for a Liz Lisa headbow). It's full of replicas, which I personally am against, sorry, but the real issue I have with them there is that there are a lot of sellers on eBay that try to pass off replicas as the real thing.

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks

Brown
-Milanoo
-Bodyline

Light Blue
-Anna House
-LaceMarket
-Classical Puppets

Pink
-Anna House
-Baroque
-La Vie En Rose

Orange
-Infanta
-Mary Magdalene
-Victorian Maiden

Red
-Antique beasT
-Atelier Pierrot
-Emily Temple Cute

Yellow
-Metamorphose
-Chantilly
-Juliette et Justine

Green
-Angelic Pretty
-Innocent World
-Moi-meme-Moitie

Navy
-Alice & The Pirates

Crown
Rose
Macaron
Rabbit
Carousel Horse
Teacup
Bow
Coffin

-Japonica
-Usagiyouhinten
-Closet Child

Also I made some edits to my post above about brand quality. BTSSB is not the absolute top of the line in that respect smile

I did once get an IW dress off eBay for $100. It's in great condition and I wear it a lot actually.

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
BTW, LaceMarket isn't a brand, it's just a sales site like eBay or EGL Comm Sales...

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks

Brown
-Milanoo
-Bodyline

Light Blue
-Anna House
-LaceMarket
-Classical Puppets

Pink
-Anna House
-Baroque
-La Vie En Rose

Orange
-Infanta
-Mary Magdalene
-Victorian Maiden

Red
-Antique beasT
-Atelier Pierrot
-Emily Temple Cute

Yellow
-Metamorphose
-Chantilly
-Juliette et Justine

Green
-Angelic Pretty
-Innocent World
-Moi-meme-Moitie

Navy
-Alice & The Pirates

Crown
Rose
Macaron
Rabbit
Carousel Horse
Teacup
Bow
Coffin

-Japonica
-Usagiyouhinten
-Closet Child

eBay is pretty terrible unless you are getting secondhand brand, and even then you have to watch out because there's a bunch of Japanese sellers that overprice their s**t like whoa (total-shop-japan, I once saw charging $100+ for a Liz Lisa headbow). It's full of replicas, which I personally am against, sorry, but the real issue I have with them there is that there are a lot of sellers on eBay that try to pass off replicas as the real thing.

When I first started Lolita, I thought eBay was kind of like "Hey, it's Lolita on a budget! Cha-ching!" I actually thought the dress I bought was an original print by the seller Jill_Lolita. It wasn't until a friend of mine pointed out that it was a replica of AP's Fantastic Dolly. Rather than think "Oh dear, that's kinda iffy" I was like "I CAN HAVE MY OWN BURANDO!" without even thinking "It's not from the designer!"

The dress looks like Fantastic Dolly, but it does have imperfections that are either blatantly obvious, or you have to be really up-close to see. I admit I'd probably wear it to a meet-up, but I'd be honest about where I got it, because when you feel it, when you look at it, you can tell it's not the same, and I'd look silly going "OH YEAH, IT'S SECOND HAND. PURDY AIN'T IT?!"

Actually, the same friend who pointed out it was a replica went through the store with me. They do a LOT of replicas, some of out-of-stock prints from various designers, but there are some where they replicate indie brands and sell for a relatively cheaper price, which is kind of bullshit. (I think that'll sound a wee bit hypocritical coming from me for having bought a rep, but still.)

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks
AradiaWindbourne
Toxilicks

When I first started Lolita, I thought eBay was kind of like "Hey, it's Lolita on a budget! Cha-ching!" I actually thought the dress I bought was an original print by the seller Jill_Lolita. It wasn't until a friend of mine pointed out that it was a replica of AP's Fantastic Dolly. Rather than think "Oh dear, that's kinda iffy" I was like "I CAN HAVE MY OWN BURANDO!" without even thinking "It's not from the designer!"

The dress looks like Fantastic Dolly, but it does have imperfections that are either blatantly obvious, or you have to be really up-close to see. I admit I'd probably wear it to a meet-up, but I'd be honest about where I got it, because when you feel it, when you look at it, you can tell it's not the same, and I'd look silly going "OH YEAH, IT'S SECOND HAND. PURDY AIN'T IT?!"

Actually, the same friend who pointed out it was a replica went through the store with me. They do a LOT of replicas, some of out-of-stock prints from various designers, but there are some where they replicate indie brands and sell for a relatively cheaper price, which is kind of bullshit. (I think that'll sound a wee bit hypocritical coming from me for having bought a rep, but still.)

People don't realise this but AP and BTSSB and so on actually are indie brands. (What most people think of as "indie brands" are actually brands where the people who do the designing still have day jobs...or brands that don't make a profit yet.) They're established but they only have a few designers and produce small quantities of items. A Western brand that would occupy the same economic niche (not the same style) as AP or BTSSB would be Nataya--expensive dresses for people who like a very particular style, as opposed to mainstream brands like Ann Taylor (or Liz Lisa or Axes Femme) or ready-to-wear lines produced by brands that also do haute couture like Calvin Klein.

I don't care about dresses that are obviously inspired by another dress. I have a Kidsyoyo dress that was obviously inspired by a BTSSB dress from the waist up but the skirt is completely different and there's no print. What bugs me is the print replicas, which are actually also illegal. I mean sure you can wear them and people will be nice to you but don't wear it at an event where AP is actually present?

Anyhow. Jill Punk X Loli is a notorious reseller of replicas from China. They come from taobao, which doesn't mean they are bad--taobao has replica makers but also Chinese indie brands. They also put up some really hilarious stuff, like they did a weird a** parka with toy parade replica print on it. The thing I hate most about Jill Punk x Loli is that a LOT of people think their stuff is original to them, or that it's authentic brand.

(Some Chinese indie brands are quite good--HMHM, Surface Spell, Dear Celine, Kidsyoyo...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff