Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will it fit me?

Nope 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Maybe 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 4 ]
Yes! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Get it anyway, and if it doesn't fit, then I'll help out by taking it off you. Because I'm just really helpful like that. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
Get the closetchild stuff, they sell out and bodyline keeps stuff in stock for years. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]

Kawaii Bunny

Does anyone own Bodylines L371? If you do, would you say the measurements are correct?

I really love it, but I'm worried it might be a bit too big for me. However, the model has reasonably similar measurements to me (other than being quite a bit taller), and it seems to fit her. So I was just wondering, are the official measurements a bit off, or did the dress used to come in more sizes than medium that are just no longer on the website?

Damn online clothes shopping, with it's awkward sizes! Maybe I should go buy the dress I wanted off closetchild instead. Can't have both sad

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
No, it was not ever available in other sizes at any point as far as I know. I remember when it came out I thought it was a really cute print, but it didn't come in anything in my size. xd

Bodyline's published measurements are the flat garment measurements. It is recommended by most brands that you be a couple cm smaller than those measurements so that you have room to breathe.

So for the bodyline dress:
Bust 90cm
Waist 74cm

Model:
Bust 88
Waist 63cm

So if you bust is around 86-88cm, the dress should fit just fine in the bust.

They might have pinned in the waist on the model; they don't show you how it fits her in the back. The back views are on a dummy...

However, the dress does have waist ties, so it would be possible to cinch in the waist a bit. Someone else who is smaller would have to give an opinion about how many cm you can really pull something in with just waist ties though; I'm not sure what point it starts to look odd.

Whew. All that said, what were you looking at over at closet child?

Kawaii Bunny

Raine Dragon
No, it was not ever available in other sizes at any point as far as I know. I remember when it came out I thought it was a really cute print, but it didn't come in anything in my size. xd

Bodyline's published measurements are the flat garment measurements. It is recommended by most brands that you be a couple cm smaller than those measurements so that you have room to breathe.

Bust 90cm
Waist 74cm

Model:
Bust 88
Waist 63cm

They might have pinned in the waist on the model; they don't show you how it fits her in the back. The back views are on a dummy...

However, the dress does have waist ties, so it would be possible to cinch in the waist a bit. Someone else who is smaller would have to give an opinion about how many cm you can really pull something in with just waist ties though; I'm not sure what point it starts to look odd.

Thanks! I hadn't thought that maybe they'd pinned the the waist in.

On closet child, I was looking at this

I know that came in 3 sizes, although I have no idea which size that one is, but it does have corset lacing as well as lace ties. Also, if it's too big, I think a brand dress will be easier to sell on than a bodyline one that's still in stock.

It was the first dress I wanted when I got into Lolita, and I remember it came with a blouse and hair ties and the whole set cost about £80. I've been looking for it since, but for some reason I could only ever seem to find the dress being sold secondhand for more than what the whole set cost new. Except on closet child.
Get the bodyline one. It has waist ties if you need a smaller waist and if you otherwise are like the model it will fit you. The baby one I think actully is less likely to get resold because it is old school, . But they do list the sizing on closet child if you arent sure if it fits, the waist looks pretty big.

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Evil Goth Bunny
Raine Dragon

Bust 90cm
Waist 74cm

Model:
Bust 88
Waist 63cm

Thanks! I hadn't thought that maybe they'd pinned the the waist in.

On closet child, I was looking at this

I know that came in 3 sizes, although I have no idea which size that one is, but it does have corset lacing as well as lace ties. Also, if it's too big, I think a brand dress will be easier to sell on than a bodyline one that's still in stock.

It was the first dress I wanted when I got into Lolita, and I remember it came with a blouse and hair ties and the whole set cost about £80. I've been looking for it since, but for some reason I could only ever seem to find the dress being sold secondhand for more than what the whole set cost new. Except on closet child.

Special sets / lucky packs from brands where they release a new item usually sell out really quick, because they make a really limited quantity and sell them at a really low cost. So the set might have been priced at £80, but it was worth significantly more. That's why you will see it resold for higher.

Ok! So for that set on Closet Child:
Here are the published measurements from Baby, recorded over on Lolibrary.
JSK:
Bust: S 88-94 // M 91-97 // L 94-100
Waist: S 68-74 // M 71-77 // L 74-80
Length: S 88 // M 91 // L 96.5

And closet child is saying it is:
bust:約〜45cm
waist:約〜82cm
length:約96cm

So, closet child does their bust measurements flat without stretching the shirring. So that's a flat measurement of bust 90cm, waist 82cm, and they say the length is 96cm.

So that said, I'm about 75% sure that it's the size large.

Normally, I'd suggest Baby over Bodyline because the quality of the Baby dress is going to be higher, but I suspect that the Baby dress is just going to be way too big on you if you are worried that the Bodyline one might be too large.

Kawaii Bunny

legnanellaf5

Raine Dragon

Thanks! Ok, I think I'll get the Bodyline one, and I'll keep an eye on closetchild to see if the dress comes up again in a small. It seems to be on there every few weeks. Unless that's the same dress and they just can't get rid of it or something.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff