Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lover

good or no? i don't own lolita shoes and i don't really know what's appropriate with lolita other than lolita shoes. i do own a lovely pair of blush colored jelly heels and don't know if those are acceptable or not? for example, wearing them with a pink mary in the sky with candies skirt, blouse, and a pink bolero?? what do you think

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Honestly, I don't think they go well with Lolita... sweatdrop But that's just my opinion.

If you want to wear jelly heels with Lolita, nobody's gonna stop you 3nodding

Most Lolitas wear Tea party shoes, Flats, Heels, Rocking Horse Shoes, and Platforms emotion_yatta

Lover

The Nekomimi
Honestly, I don't think they go well with Lolita... sweatdrop But that's just my opinion.

If you want to wear jelly heels with Lolita, nobody's gonna stop you 3nodding

Most Lolitas wear Tea party shoes, Flats, Heels, Rocking Horse Shoes, and Platforms emotion_yatta
i don't think they do either but i want someone to make me feel less terrible about attempting to pull it off sweatdrop

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Depends on the jelly shoes. I would've said no outright, but upon Googling "jelly heels" I came across those plastic Vivienne Westwood heels, and I own a pair of those and think they could work with the right Lolita outfit. But these? Nope, gonna look weird.

Kawaii Girl

I think it would be kay for casual probably, but I would plan on some shoes for or with your next purchase.
Melissa x Vivienne Westwood shoes are very popular to wear with lolita. I don't know if your shoes are those brand, but I'd say that as long as they have an elegant shape they can work.
spacekitten
Depends on the jelly shoes. I would've said no outright, but upon Googling "jelly heels" I came across those plastic Vivienne Westwood heels, and I own a pair of those and think they could work with the right Lolita outfit. But these? Nope, gonna look weird.

Chaotic Wishes
Melissa x Vivienne Westwood shoes are very popular to wear with lolita. I don't know if your shoes are those brand, but I'd say that as long as they have an elegant shape they can work.

I agree with both of these posts. If we're talking Melissa style "jelly" shoes, then sure. There are quite a few that are really cute and would work nicely (not all, even then). But if we're talking open-slot, 90s revival style jelly shoes, then no. They're not going to work for most lolita outfits.
Why lie to someone that it is okay when you know it isnt? Better to suggest actual show options isntead of coddling them. Its a fashion, there are certain dos and donts. There are lots of shoes you can wear that come from normal stores, like mary janes do, any sort of nice heel, oxford heels were popular for a while.
legnanellaf5
Why lie to someone that it is okay when you know it isnt? Better to suggest actual show options isntead of coddling them. Its a fashion, there are certain dos and donts. There are lots of shoes you can wear that come from normal stores, like mary janes do, any sort of nice heel, oxford heels were popular for a while.

Nobody is coddling anyone. We were discussing jelly shoes.

90's style jelly shoes: not elegant enough.

Viviene Westwood x Melissa heels (made out of a rubber material): yes please. But that is a very expensive option. I just bought a pair on clearance for a bit over $100.

Go to Bodyline, or look for some cute shoes on Dream V (rounded toe, not too pointy of a heel, there are a few styles that work well in Lolita there), You can also order for Aitaiana (you can order from their taobao shop without a shopping service). Worst case, look for shoes that can work in thrift stores, but you might not have the best of luck.
I personally see nothing wrong with jelly shoes in Lolita, if coordinated correctly. I've been into the fashion 9 years going strong now, and have worn them myself. Clear glittery jelly heels make me feel like Cinderella heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff