Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Flatterer

12,250 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
wonderfinch
skunkplayer
You are first taking words out of context. I mean no one really uses the words "barbarian" anyways. I would never use that sort of language on any person. I will attest that I have never said such a thing to any ones face before. It was only used as a word to create a very far extreme position. I have not called any one any other names in this or any other thread. If some one feels offended, then they can come talk to me about it. How dare you jump down my throat with others are shaming and bad mouth each other in quotes and such.

To be frank, I would not have "jumped down your throat" if this was the only incident of this; however, I've seen you express the same extreme distaste for skimpy clothing and these attempts at body policing in multiple other places in this forum. You haven't called names, yes, but saying things like "everyone should be modest" or calling people barbarians (and yeah, it's still offensive to do it behind their backs) does fall into the category of inappropriate body-policing-type comments.

If you were joking, then I humbly apologize. However, going not just off this one thread but off your comments in multiple other threads in this forum, you've expressed this same attitude a number of times and with a degree of consistency that makes it appear very unlikely, to the casual observer such as myself, that you are in fact joking. The word did not seem out of line with the manner in which you talk (type) on here so I certainly did not take it as a joke. If you meant it in jest then I encourage you to watch your jokes in the future. They're not funny and have the potential to offend.

As someone who has a large collection of miniskirts in addition to a sizeable collection of lolita items I do personally feel offended by it, and I am talking to you. It seems you aren't willing to discuss it.

Really? You were doing so well at sounding creditable before you had to put that last line in there about me not willing to discuss it, when.. as you see, I am writing back in an attempt of a discussion.

Now I agree, the comments may seem bad, but can one write this off as just being a part of the atitude of this thread? When one goes into a thread lets say about "vampires" one talks of darkness and feeding on the innocent. I find that the feeling around these threads is of highest levels of modesty being the norm. I do not share these feelings on any other thread that are not under this topic

Terminal Lesbian's Princess

Fluff Friend

wonderfinch
skunkplayer
You are first taking words out of context. I mean no one really uses the words "barbarian" anyways. I would never use that sort of language on any person. I will attest that I have never said such a thing to any ones face before. It was only used as a word to create a very far extreme position. I have not called any one any other names in this or any other thread. If some one feels offended, then they can come talk to me about it. How dare you jump down my throat with others are shaming and bad mouth each other in quotes and such.

To be frank, I would not have "jumped down your throat" if this was the only incident of this; however, I've seen you express the same extreme distaste for skimpy clothing and these attempts at body policing in multiple other places in this forum. You haven't called names, yes, but saying things like "everyone should be modest" or calling people barbarians (and yeah, it's still offensive to do it behind their backs) does fall into the category of inappropriate body-policing-type comments.

If you were joking, then I humbly apologize. However, going not just off this one thread but off your comments in multiple other threads in this forum, you've expressed this same attitude a number of times and with a degree of consistency that makes it appear very unlikely, to the casual observer such as myself, that you are in fact joking. The word did not seem out of line with the manner in which you talk (type) on here so I certainly did not take it as a joke. If you meant it in jest then I encourage you to watch your jokes in the future. They're not funny and have the potential to offend.

As someone who has a large collection of miniskirts in addition to a sizeable collection of lolita items I do personally feel offended by it, and I am talking to you. It seems you aren't willing to discuss it.

I think everyone has opinions and thus the arguing should stop, because it's pointess.

Dapper Flatterer

12,250 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Cantarella Akuma
wonderfinch
skunkplayer

I think everyone has opinions and thus the arguing should stop, because it's pointess.

*bows* I will accept a draw and peace offering if she is willing too

Wealthy Fatcat

4,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I don't know what the point of the argument is, but please stop. No-one meant any offence, and I will apologise on their behalf as this is my forum post. Everyone is just so lovely, so... CONTINUE WITH THE LOLITA LOVE!! <3 <3 <3

Dapper Flatterer

12,250 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Purae Fox
I don't know what the point of the argument is, but please stop. No-one meant any offence, and I will apologise on their behalf as this is my forum post. Everyone is just so lovely, so... CONTINUE WITH THE LOLITA LOVE!! <3 <3 <3

I am sorry that our little argument broke out in your thread. I don't know why she was was stirring up trouble and I know I should of just approached her in a private message. *bows* My apologies

Wealthy Fatcat

4,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
No no, it's okay smile . I'm not angry with anyone at all. These things do happen, so it's alright :3.
*purrs loudly* :3
skunkplayer
Purae Fox

I am sorry that our little argument broke out in your thread. I don't know why she was was stirring up trouble and I know I should of just approached her in a private message. *bows* My apologies

Dapper Flatterer

12,250 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Purae Fox
No no, it's okay smile . I'm not angry with anyone at all. These things do happen, so it's alright :3.
*purrs loudly* :3
skunkplayer
Purae Fox

My my *smirks* Is some one hiding cat ears under that colorful hat?

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
skunkplayer
Really? You were doing so well at sounding creditable before you had to put that last line in there about me not willing to discuss it, when.. as you see, I am writing back in an attempt of a discussion.

Now I agree, the comments may seem bad, but can one write this off as just being a part of the atitude of this thread? When one goes into a thread lets say about "vampires" one talks of darkness and feeding on the innocent. I find that the feeling around these threads is of highest levels of modesty being the norm. I do not share these feelings on any other thread that are not under this topic

By dismissing my comments, I feel that you showed pretty clearly you had no interest in discussing the matter. There's no need to stoop to ad hominem attacks.

I don't think that's the "attitude of the thread" as a majority of the people posting in this forum do not wear just lolita. Nor do I believe this excuses it, to be honest... Frankly, it feels a little hypocritical. As lolitas or lovers of lolita, we enjoy a fashion that's very far from the mainstream and are often made fun of for it. By putting others down- whether it be to their face or behind their backs- how are we going to convince them to accept us? As the old adage goes, you get more flies with honey than with vinegar... so by being more accepting of all others instead of remaining in our insular groups and gossiping or talking down about others behind their backs, I think we stand a better chance of gaining mainstream acceptance, which I'm sure we can agree all lolitas and lovers of the fashion would like to see ^^

Purae Fox

I'm sorry the argument happened to break out in your thread; however, I think it's important that we not tolerate that kind of rude behavior here- even if it's rude to those not within our small group or who might see our posts. Everyone needs a gentle reminder now and then if their behavior is offensive, unintentionally or not, and skunkplayer's comments did get a little out of hand. If we want to be treated with respect, we need to treat others with respect, even if they're not watching us or looking at us ^^

Unsealed Gatekeeper

8,725 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
Purae Fox
Give it a go biggrin it isn;t for everyone but if you do love the style, there are other ways of incorporating it into your every day fashion :3
Scarlet Trigger
I love Lolita. But I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it. Might give it a try though......
Eh.

Wealthy Fatcat

4,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Not 'eh' razz . You could always incorporate Lolita into your every day hair style? Maybe try putting your hair up into a high ponytail and add a soft satin bow? They look really nice and it fits in with Spring/Summer biggrin just a suggestion x
Scarlet Trigger
Purae Fox
Give it a go biggrin it isn;t for everyone but if you do love the style, there are other ways of incorporating it into your every day fashion :3
Scarlet Trigger
I love Lolita. But I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it. Might give it a try though......
Eh.

Wealthy Fatcat

4,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
It is such a gorgeous style <3
NainiaGreenfield
Nainia absolutely loves and adores Lolita fashion. If I had the money for it and more time I would wear it more often.

IRL Conventioneer

17,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
As a dude with noticeable masculine features even with make-up on lolita fashion is not for me, except for aristocrat fella style that accompanies. Typical tuxedo, and top-hat yeah I feel like the 1%.

Profitable Businessman

skunkplayer
Purae Fox

She wasn't stirring up trouble. Don't apologize for something if you're going to turn around and blame it all on the other person in the same post. You lack maturity and you have nothing to contribute to this forum. Gtfo.

Dapper Flatterer

12,250 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Almond Milks
skunkplayer
Purae Fox

She wasn't stirring up trouble. Don't apologize for something if you're going to turn around and blame it all on the other person in the same post. You lack maturity and you have nothing to contribute to this forum. Gtfo.

Wow.. that was truly showing your maturity wasn't it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff