Welcome to Gaia! ::

******** your rules scream

Do you guys ever go against some of the rules? I always follow the basic ones. Like always wear a petticoat, never too short, wear a blouse with your JSK, etc.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Sometimes I combine my lolita skirts with non lolita outfits.
Especially my frilly brown one.
Much yayz!

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
I think I just heard a scream somewhere off in the distance... ninja

But seriously... I'm not exactly a big lover of rules. Especially arbitrary ones that have no consequences for breaking them other than "people will give you dirty looks". Pfft. Whatever. I'll wear cat ears if I want to. talk2hand

Citizen

Eruravenne

But seriously... I'm not exactly a big lover of rules. Especially arbitrary ones that have no consequences for breaking them other than "people will give you dirty looks". Pfft. Whatever. I'll wear cat ears if I want to. talk2hand

That was me. I just dont like ugggs.

Blessed Gaian

gurl.... rules or not uggs are not cute talk2hand

Questionable Conversationalist

Haha I kinda think the whole blatant decree of "******** your rules" is a bit silly, but I certainly don't limit myself to all the rules if I don't feel like it either.
I find lolita feels too pretentious or stuffy when it comes down to it half the time, the high collar of my blouse can get stuffy enough, thank you Lolita Rules~
I buy my lolita, I wear it how I want, but if I reach out for help on something from the lolita community I can't expect them to fully approve of my preference on the fashion.

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
Cryptocrystalline
Eruravenne

lol Actually, I really hate Uggs, too. They're perfectly named. razz

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150
User Image

I honestly think rules are there for a reason, though no one said you couldn't wear boots. All the conditions are for a Lolita shoe is modesty - closed rounded toe and a chunky heel - boots have both of those qualities.

User Image
To be honest, the rules aren't nearly as strict as I think people always imply. You see a lot of playing around with off-brand or indie brand accessories, shoes and the like. I mean, you do get girls who will wear head-to-toe brand coordinates, but they're typically wearing those outfits for a tea party/convention/other big event.

As far as daily outfits go, you see a lot more variety.

... as for the uggs. Well. I live in Australia. They're a chief export. And they're hideous. Even their more "stylish" designs are pretty hideous. But they're meant for utility, not fashion, in spite of the numerous knock-offs you'll find. They're the best way to keep your toes warm in winter in a country where houses don't typically have central heating. ^^;

Kawaii Bunny

At the moment, I'm still trying to follow the rules. I haven't been a lolita very long, so I'm not comfortable breaking rules just yet. I just need to get used to making nice outfits first.
Evil Goth Bunny
At the moment, I'm still trying to follow the rules. I haven't been a lolita very long, so I'm not comfortable breaking rules just yet. I just need to get used to making nice outfits first.

Giiiiiiirl, I've got 2 dresses. 2 more are on the way. I've worn lolita out only a couple times, and yeah I kinda feel like you sometimes as well. BUT, I do get away with some things. For example, I plan on wearing a shirt with my new JSK. It's not a t-shirt per se, but it's not a blouse. It's a puffy sleeved shirt from forever21. Why? Cuz I don't feel like spending $50 on a SHIRT.
Break dem rules guuurl.
Eruravenne
Cryptocrystalline
Eruravenne

Haters gonna hate talk2hand
They're comfy as fffffuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Maybe I'll wear crocs with my next cord wink
(JUST KIDDING DON'T HURT ME)
pink wig thick a-s-s
gurl.... rules or not uggs are not cute talk2hand

talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
Ringo The Crafty Squid
Eruravenne
Cryptocrystalline
Eruravenne

Haters gonna hate talk2hand
They're comfy as fffffuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Maybe I'll wear crocs with my next cord wink
(JUST KIDDING DON'T HURT ME)

rofl

Honestly, I don't care what other people wear, but that doesn't mean I have to actually like it, either. lol

And as for that shirt you mentioned above, just call it a cutsew and no one will bat an eye. wink

Sugary Bunny

19,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
Well if you like it do it, oh what I would do for a pair of pink sparkly uggs! :hearts:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff