Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Gawker

Just curious. I'm always interested to hear the different stories.
>got into jrock
>really liked malice mizer
>wow mana wears pretty things
>end of story

Versatile Lunatic

JenericRPG
>got into jrock
>really liked malice mizer
>wow mana wears pretty things
>end of story

Pretty much like him

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I was really obsessed with Victorian culture as a child, and I found out about lolita when I was about ten through a blurb in a book. Lolita was pretty new at the time, so I had a little folder of about 10 images that I had saved and looked at daily for inspiration. I couldn't afford to wear it myself at the time, but I kept researching it and participating in communities until I got my first job when I was 16 and finally could afford to buy lolita and wear it myself ^^

Dapper Flatterer

12,250 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I have to admit this is the first time I have really seen the lolita community. I knew a girl who used to dress in lolita for conventions, but I never saw her wear it, just pictures.
I have always been interested in the old styles of Victorian and those mannerisms. It does not seem to translate well to reality, but one can have so much fun here.
In my mind I say who is more deserving of a gentleman then a lolita lady of modesty and grace.

Profitable Businessman

I was a giant weeaboo when I was about 12, so my uncle bought me a fruits book with harajuku street snaps. I obviously grew out of the weeaboo phase a year or two later, and I just kept following Japanese street fashion. Then about a year ago (I'm now 19) this guy started talking to me about lolita, and it just inspired me to actually wear the fashion instead of just stalking brands, haha.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
skunkplayer
I have to admit this is the first time I have really seen the lolita community. I knew a girl who used to dress in lolita for conventions, but I never saw her wear it, just pictures.
I have always been interested in the old styles of Victorian and those mannerisms. It does not seem to translate well to reality, but one can have so much fun here.
In my mind I say who is more deserving of a gentleman then a lolita lady of modesty and grace.

I wear lolita on a near-daily basis d: As long as you have a bit of experience in the style and know how to keep it toned-down, it works pretty well in real life.

Dapper Flatterer

12,250 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
wonderfinch
skunkplayer

I wear lolita on a near-daily basis d: As long as you have a bit of experience in the style and know how to keep it toned-down, it works pretty well in real life.

I have come to realize that one must go find the lolita in my town, for you will not just pass it by on the street randomly

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
I honestly don't remember! sweatdrop

Fashionable Gawker

Malice Mizer is responsible for a lot of lolis I guess. My friend got into it because of them. I thought she dressed cute, but didn't really get into it until I learned about classic lolita. But mostly it was because of Ai Yazawa's manga Paradise Kiss. Miwako's cute outfits did me in. I didn't know they were lolita until my friend said they were. I just thought all lolita was gothic lolita.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Liona Lionheart
Malice Mizer is responsible for a lot of lolis I guess. My friend got into it because of them. I thought she dressed cute, but didn't really get into it until I learned about classic lolita. But mostly it was because of Ai Yazawa's manga Paradise Kiss. Miwako's cute outfits did me in. I didn't know they were lolita until my friend said they were. I just thought all lolita was gothic lolita.

Parakiss had the cutest outfits!

I thought the opposite, lol. I first saw photos of sweet lolita and didn't find out about gothic lolita for a fair while XD

Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Junior Trader 100
I love Victorian styled clothing, so I kept looking around on the internet. The word Lolita kept popping up so I searched. I liked what I found and just followed it from there.

Timid Lunatic

Hmm. I always liked cosplay when I was a lot younger, and I think following the cosplay crowd eventually introduced it to me. I liked cosplays that were poofy-looking prior, anyway. But I knew of it a significantly long time before I actually got into it.

The actual getting into lolita was probably due to my best friend getting into it. It inspired me to really try and I started noticing more of the western community doing it and was like "hey. it's not actually just for flat chested asians. biggrin "

Beloved Prophet

6,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
By pure chance. I saw a picture of a girl wearing lolita online, and then I did some research. I'm pretty lucky I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff