Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

Has anyone here every tried making their own dress, skirt, bloomers, or accessories?

I made a pair of short bloomers about a month back, they turned out too small for me though. I hand-sewed them so I put quite a bit of work into them.
[x]
Nice start, shame they don't fitthough.
Over half of my wardrobe is hand made, I really like to make my own clothes smile

Fashionable Fairy

Not including my early attempts that sucked (lol) I have made myself one skirt, two alice bows, and a pair of bloomers. I have also made a skirt and an alice bow each for two people for Christmas gifts in past years. I have a mountain of fabric, lace and clothes that need to be altered in my room, so I really need to sew more...

Here's the skirt I made for myself
Here's one of the skirts I made for a friend
I tried making my own skirt once, and I made this mini-top hat/headband thing.

I guess, over-all according to the "rules" (which I didn't really know about at the time) they're probably more lolita-inspired then 100% actually lolita.

Early attempts...

I haven't made anything since, but I want to. So eventually, once I get the right materials, I probably will.

Super Cutie-Pie

14,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
I make about 90% of my lolita, I buy bodyline whenever I do get some extra money but thats been a long time. xD

Super Cutie-Pie

14,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
JessieKateRose
Not including my early attempts that sucked (lol) I have made myself one skirt, two alice bows, and a pair of bloomers. I have also made a skirt and an alice bow each for two people for Christmas gifts in past years. I have a mountain of fabric, lace and clothes that need to be altered in my room, so I really need to sew more...

But that pink gingham skirt looks adorable! The only thing I think it may have needed was a bit more lace but other than that dont be so down on yourself!

Lavish Wench

12,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Sadly, I'm hopeless at sewing.

Practice practice practice...

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

Sigmoonda
Over half of my wardrobe is hand made, I really like to make my own clothes smile

That's awesome, kudos to you. I'm hoping that once I can get a working sewing machine and learn how to use it that I may be able to start making my own dresses.
My grandma made me a dress recently and said when I visit for christmas she'll teach me how to use a sewing machine and maybe then I can make myself a skirt.
I'm looking forward to it.

Fashionable Lunatic

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
Cherni
Has anyone here every tried making their own dress, skirt, bloomers, or accessories?

I made a pair of short bloomers about a month back, they turned out too small for me though. I hand-sewed them so I put quite a bit of work into them.
[x]
♥♡♥I like making accessories (mainly bows and headbands)♡♥♡
(≧﹏≦)
Cherni
Sigmoonda

That's awesome, kudos to you. I'm hoping that once I can get a working sewing machine and learn how to use it that I may be able to start making my own dresses.
My grandma made me a dress recently and said when I visit for christmas she'll teach me how to use a sewing machine and maybe then I can make myself a skirt.
I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck smile

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

JessieKateRose

The skirts are lovely. One of them looks like a second hand one I bought that was handmade.
Backside of it but oh well. x3

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

Bunny-Lolita-Chan
I make about 90% of my lolita, I buy bodyline whenever I do get some extra money but thats been a long time. xD

Nice, how long have you been sewing?
Do you also make your own accessories?

Desirable Lunatic

a little more then half my wardrobe is handmade, although a lot of the items are more lolita-inspired since I made them for everyday use (a lot of them are much simpler the your average lolita wear.) I make pretty much all of my own accessories.

Super Cutie-Pie

14,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
Cherni
Bunny-Lolita-Chan

Nice, how long have you been sewing?
Do you also make your own accessories?

Anything fabric, I dont have any jewelry-making supplies so I dont make fancy necklaces or bracelets and such. But I do make bows, clips, sock toppers, ect stuff like that. Heres a link to my etsy that has a few of the things Ive made: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RibbonsLolita?ref=si_shop
I made this dress. I've also made several skirts but I don't have photos of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games