Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Bunny

I recently bought Le Printemps JSK from Chess Story, and after trying to wear it i noticed that i won't be able to zip it up. I got the size that's fairly big on me, so i'm assuming it wont zip because of my build.

I was wondering if a Tailor would fix it, but i'm not sure if they would take it. I'm also worried it might ruin the dress, Any tips on what i should do?? ;w;

Sparkly Fairy

I had a problem like this with an innocent world dress where it wouldn't zip up past my bust. I tried it on my younger sister who is definitely inside the measurements but it wouldn't fit her either! That dress was just not made for a person with any type of boobs I guess... We ended up having my aunt (who is a seamstress) fix it. You should take it to one and show them the problem. See if they will be able to help!
Good luck smile

Kawaii Girl

Is it because of the size or just because it sticks really really bad at the waist where all of that fabric is piled together? Both of my Chess Story OPs stick really bad right there. You can ask a tailor to put in a sturdier zipper, just be aware that in order to cover the zipper they might have to use a little more fabric from the back, taking it in about half an inch. What I do is put a tiny dab of dish soap on the zipper right there - it still wants to stick there, but the soap helps.

Anxious Fairy

I have two taobao jsks that have zipper snags right past the waist. It's super annoying but I've noticed with the first one I bought, the more you wear it and use it the looser the zipper gets.
Have you tried unlacing the corset ties, and putting it on? It shoudlnt be upzippable if you arent over the max unless you are doing somethign to stop the shirring. Which usually is from lacing it up. Also I find it normal to be harder where the waist is because of the amount of fabric there from the gathering. If it is the zipper itself it isnt that hard to get it replaced.

Kawaii Girl

legnanellaf5
Have you tried unlacing the corset ties, and putting it on? It shoudlnt be upzippable if you arent over the max unless you are doing somethign to stop the shirring. Which usually is from lacing it up. Also I find it normal to be harder where the waist is because of the amount of fabric there from the gathering. If it is the zipper itself it isnt that hard to get it replaced.
While this might help, unless the shirred panel is unusually stretchy she still might not be able to get it over her shoulders or hips, especially comfortably. If the dress were designed to be able to be pulled on like that, they would have no need to add a zipper.
Princess JessieKate
legnanellaf5
While this might help, unless the shirred panel is unusually stretchy she still might not be able to get it over her shoulders or hips, especially comfortably. If the dress were designed to be able to be pulled on like that, they would have no need to add a zipper.

You dont put dresses over your hips, for one. But also this is how it is done, if you are skinny enough to not care about shirring go you, but plenty of people do. And when you tie up the corset lacing you are prevent the shirring from stretching after a certain point, thus many people leave the corset lacing untied until they put it on so that they have the extra stretch to make zipping up easier.

Personally I am quite small so shirring isnt a need for me to fit into things but even I have to struggle with the initial zipping it up because the lacing is set to how it is on my body after it is zipped up not before. Im just kinda lazy so I deal.
If it's just a zipper issue, try rubbing candle wax or soap on the part that gets stuck.

Tipsy Bunny

legnanellaf5

I've unlaced the corset along with all the other things that tie in the back (The apron and the ribbon.) and it still wont zip up. I'm guessing its cause my back is fairly wide, Although when i measured my waist and it said it 80cm, which could easily fit in. I bought another dress for Chess Story that was the same size that also had shirring in it along with a corset back, and it zipped fine with everything laced up. I know the zipper isn't broken as i can easily zip it up and down when its off, just not when its on. I also cant lace it up or put the apron on, as it isn't wide enough. The measurements for this dress are exactly the same as the other one i ordered, i'm now assuming there might have been a mistake in sizing but i have no idea what i could do about it.

Also if you don't mind me asking, would it be okay to wear it without zipping it up? I have a peignoir that matches the dress, and i was thinking that i could wear it over it until i could fix the problem.

Kawaii Girl

legnanellaf5
Princess JessieKate
legnanellaf5

You dont put dresses over your hips, for one. But also this is how it is done, if you are skinny enough to not care about shirring go you, but plenty of people do. And when you tie up the corset lacing you are prevent the shirring from stretching after a certain point, thus many people leave the corset lacing untied until they put it on so that they have the extra stretch to make zipping up easier.

Personally I am quite small so shirring isnt a need for me to fit into things but even I have to struggle with the initial zipping it up because the lacing is set to how it is on my body after it is zipped up not before. Im just kinda lazy so I deal.
Please note that I said hips or shoulders, and some people do find pulling dresses over their hips more comfortable than over their shoulders. You said you're skinny so this works for you, but it might not work for other people is all I'm saying.

Kawaii Girl

Bunny Maids
legnanellaf5

I've unlaced the corset along with all the other things that tie in the back (The apron and the ribbon.) and it still wont zip up. I'm guessing its cause my back is fairly wide, Although when i measured my waist and it said it 80cm, which could easily fit in. I bought another dress for Chess Story that was the same size that also had shirring in it along with a corset back, and it zipped fine with everything laced up. I know the zipper isn't broken as i can easily zip it up and down when its off, just not when its on. I also cant lace it up or put the apron on, as it isn't wide enough. The measurements for this dress are exactly the same as the other one i ordered, i'm now assuming there might have been a mistake in sizing but i have no idea what i could do about it.

Also if you don't mind me asking, would it be okay to wear it without zipping it up? I have a peignoir that matches the dress, and i was thinking that i could wear it over it until i could fix the problem.
So you're having trouble telling if the dress actually fits you in the bust or not? This shouldn't be too difficult to tell. Some size variation does happen between different dresses of the same letter size. You say that it should definitely fit you in the waist, but does the bust measurement match up as well? Also keep in mind that Chess Story pieces always run small. (And from my experience this line may run even smaller than their previous pieces.) It sounds like it might just not fit. If this is the case, you can have a tailor fix this for you if you don't mind giving up your waist ties to be used as side panels. In the future, if your waist will fit and not your bust I would order the larger size, because it's easier to take things in than out. (and waist ties can sometimes make up the difference without altering)
Bunny Maids
legnanellaf5

I think you should first measure the garment, to see if they are the same. You can do this easily by taking the flat measurements of it lying flat, and then measure how much the shirring will stretch separately. So if the waist flat is 40, but the shirring will stretch 10cm, the max is 90. Then you can see how much it is off by. Depending on how much you will need for it to fit, someone may just have to let out the seam allowance (not sure how much there is but you may get an inch or two from this). If it is more then you will have to alter it much more to make it fit, which you should talk to a seamstress about. You also just may need some help with putting it on, as I know that some things my friends wear need that extra hand to help the zipper up, but are okay on. So it may not need alteration so much as a 3rd hand.

Honestly, I say that if you cant zip it up dont wear it out. Peignoirs on their own are iffy in lolita as they come from a fad trend and so arent a staple, but even like a bolero to cover it is a bit iffy. It will be noticable that it isnt really fitting you even if you hide it. If you wouldnt do this with normal clothes, dont do it in lolita basically. You dont really see people going outside with clothing they cant even zip up, and it is unflattering.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff