Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LOVE SHUFFLE
DefendHawaii808
milky parfait journey.x)

Oh that one is super cute ~~ I can already see a Sweetie Delight-esque print made with that name. ^^ (I am thinking of the Gaia item as it would be an adorable colorway for a OTT Sweet JSK.)

aw thank you!! your avi is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. so original! smile )

Fashionable Lover

DefendHawaii808

Thanks for the compliments ~~ Goodness haha. I just enjoy the Sweet Lolita substyle and I thought with a lot of the pastel items Gaia has created lately that a new Sweet Lolita styled avatar would be easier to do than a new Classic Lolita styled avatar. ^^; I appreciate other styles but I can never seem to pull them off or come up with the right items for a co-ord.

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LOVE SHUFFLE
DefendHawaii808

Thanks for the compliments ~~ Goodness haha. I just enjoy the Sweet Lolita substyle and I thought with a lot of the pastel items Gaia has created lately that a new Sweet Lolita styled avatar would be easier to do than a new Classic Lolita styled avatar. ^^; I appreciate other styles but I can never seem to pull them off or come up with the right items for a co-ord.

wow haha^^ are you a model yourself??

Fashionable Lover

DefendHawaii808

Ah well I don't do any modeling in real life, no. Although I am a lifestyle Sweet Lolita (and Hime Lolita) although I tend to wear Classic Lolita as well. One of my good friends is a Gothic Lolita (However she often wears Guro and Kuro and Shiro as well) and since we are the same size we tried switching sub styles for a day. Haha it was fun but I felt so out of my comfort zone. I prefer sugary sweet styles. I tend to love OTT Sweet Lolita the most. ^^ Hm do you model or do you dress in Lolita in real life? c:

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LOVE SHUFFLE
DefendHawaii808

Ah well I don't do any modeling in real life, no. Although I am a lifestyle Sweet Lolita (and Hime Lolita) although I tend to wear Classic Lolita as well. One of my good friends is a Gothic Lolita (However she often wears Guro and Kuro and Shiro as well) and since we are the same size we tried switching sub styles for a day. Haha it was fun but I felt so out of my comfort zone. I prefer sugary sweet styles. I tend to love OTT Sweet Lolita the most. ^^ Hm do you model or do you dress in Lolita in real life? c:

oh my.. no whee i found out about lolita a week ago. im kindve a noobie x). and when i seen this topic it was so surprising for me because now i know what its about lol. its such a sweet fashion. the clothes totally remind me of...well candy sweatdrop

Fashionable Lover

DefendHawaii808
oh my.. no whee i found out about lolita a week ago. im kindve a noobie x). and when i seen this topic it was so surprising for me because now i know what its about lol. its such a sweet fashion. the clothes totally remind me of...well candy sweatdrop

Haha one of the reasons why Sweet Lolita is one of my favorites is because of all of the prints with candy, teddy bears, carnivals, and other sugary sweet things. ^^ It's definitely one of the more expensive substyles to get into (especially at first when you are buying all of the basic pieces) but it is so worth it. ^^ I like waking up every day and spending the time to look like a doll. It makes me feel like I have done something extra special to pamper myself haha ~~ I wish you best of luck if you want to dress in lolita some day. It's a huge step but one worth taking, and on Gaia almost everyone here seems to be super kind and helping out all of the people just now realizing that Lolita exists. We are happy to help you too ~~ ^^

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LOVE SHUFFLE
DefendHawaii808

Haha one of the reasons why Sweet Lolita is one of my favorites is because of all of the prints with candy, teddy bears, carnivals, and other sugary sweet things. ^^ It's definitely one of the more expensive substyles to get into (especially at first when you are buying all of the basic pieces) but it is so worth it. ^^ I like waking up every day and spending the time to look like a doll. It makes me feel like I have done something extra special to pamper myself haha ~~ I wish you best of luck if you want to dress in lolita some day. It's a huge step but one worth taking, and on Gaia almost everyone here seems to be super kind and helping out all of the people just now realizing that Lolita exists. We are happy to help you too ~~ ^^

thanks so much! hahax) could you tell me advice or anything to get me started?? i really want to look all candy and sweet looking lol.

Bashful Fatcat

delightful vanilla dream yum_puddi

Fashionable Lover

DefendHawaii808
thanks so much! hahax) could you tell me advice or anything to get me started?? i really want to look all candy and sweet looking lol.

I would look online and read through lots of lolita blogs at first, and this forum is full of threads that mention a lot of them. ^^ Once you learn what pieces make up a lolita outfit then invest in the basics. Get a plain white blouse and two white petticoats before you go out and by a dress from Angelic Pretty or another big brand. Also for your first one piece (OP, basically a dress) or jumpskirt (JSK) I recommended buying an off brand and creating a co-ordinate with that and getting used to wearing that as a whole outfit (even just around the house.) If you like wearing it enough then Lolita is right for you but if you hate it or think wearing an OP/JSK is too time consuming (because you will need to fluff your petticoat(s) a lot before even putting on your outfit) then Lolita may not be a good style for you. After you deiced you love it I would either save up for a brand item, start making your own OPs and JSKs if you are a good enough seamstress or continue to buy off-brand if that sort of thing doesn't bother you.

If you love candy and sweets then I recommending becoming a Sweet Lolita and if you love obnoxious amounts of pastels, candy, jewelry, accessories, etc then once you have Sweet Lolita items you can buy more accessories and jewelry and start doing OTT Sweet Lolita (or over the top Sweet Lolita.)

That is just a really basic run down because I am heading to bed now, but if you want more advice feel free to PM me for details about getting started. ^^

Dapper Bloodsucker

Dreamy Doll Journey

Nice one wink
Lovely Bear Story.

Yeah that definately sounds like something that they would do. xDD

And now its something I must design. twisted
Romantic Icecream Journey~ heart

Enduring Phantom

Starry Cupcake Fantasy

or

Starry Cupcake Journey

...the cupcake part kinda kills it. gonk
Mine's Sparkly Bear Journey
Sounds so epic *__*

ewrr's Oppa

34,950 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
Almond Milks
The lolita forum always comes up with interesting print concepts, more so than other lolita communities I've been a part of.
          How surprising. What makes you think so? (Pardon my ignorance, I never participated in a Lolita community aside from this one).

You just reminded me that there are a couple print idea threads drifting around. I should look at them ~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff