Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Sex Symbol

The Nekomimi
They mostly say stuff like, "Oh why do you want to wear that? You can buy something so much prettier" and "That much for that dress? That's way too expensive!". They think a dress over $60 is expensive... emotion_0A0

So yeah, not much support. I don't know why they're so bothered about it. I mean, I'm using my own money. It's not like they're paying for anything or are gonna wear it.

See I'm kind of lucky..all though my mother doesn't like the more childish dresses she does understand that it is fine craftmanship with a small market so she knows the clothes are expensive for a reason.

Kawaii Poster

User Image
she might jsut be worried about you getting looked down apon by close minded people out in the real world. but if your like who you are and how you look dress how ever you want to
User Image

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
I'm on the hunt for a reliable and afforadable princess loli dress, and I told my mom that's what I'm going to spend my first pay check on, also that when I finally get my on place to live, I want a princess (hime) bedroom. She seemed to not care, but then again, she isn't quite sure what it is either.

Friendly Bloodsucker

13,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Generous 100
Bet your mom would rather you be in Lolita clothing verses a skirt only 3 inches long.

Rabbit

My family doesn't care what I do so long as I work and go to school (I've got both of those down...so I'm all good!)

My mother actually supports me with wearing wigs and dressing in lolita - she's seen stuff about it on TV (and I have shown her some things) and she has always been completely supportive...my father couldn't care less so long as I work/go to school/don't do drugs/drink/etc. I have an aunt who shares my affinity for wigs, my uncle is into antiques/gothic fashion (I know he'd prefer me to wear gothic lolita, but I'm definitely oot sweet).

Basically, I'm lucky to be born in such an easygoing family.

Devoted Sex Symbol

cant think of a cute name
My family doesn't care what I do so long as I work and go to school (I've got both of those down...so I'm all good!)

My mother actually supports me with wearing wigs and dressing in lolita - she's seen stuff about it on TV (and I have shown her some things) and she has always been completely supportive...my father couldn't care less so long as I work/go to school/don't do drugs/drink/etc. I have an aunt who shares my affinity for wigs, my uncle is into antiques/gothic fashion (I know he'd prefer me to wear gothic lolita, but I'm definitely oot sweet).

Basically, I'm lucky to be born in such an easygoing family.

It's been a long time since I posted this topic and mum's come around. She's more accepting and even had me go try my F+F skirt on for a friend so she could see it. I had to put my old A-line petty under it, tough, and it looked bad xD I'm waiting on a bell shaped one to be shipped to me. Mum wanted to go to a bridal shop together with me and commission a Lolita styled petti from them but I opted for the MeLikesTea route since I didn't know if a bridal shop would use organza. Mum's going to help me make some skirts to help flesh out my Lolita wardrobe for cheap and she's even found various sites online to buy good lace from. Her crafty side really comes out in Lolita now and it's exciting to see her get into it.

Rabbit

That Cat Who Eats Ramen

It's been a long time since I posted this topic and mum's come around. She's more accepting and even had me go try my F+F skirt on for a friend so she could see it. I had to put my old A-line petty under it, tough, and it looked bad xD I'm waiting on a bell shaped one to be shipped to me. Mum wanted to go to a bridal shop together with me and commission a Lolita styled petti from them but I opted for the MeLikesTea route since I didn't know if a bridal shop would use organza. Mum's going to help me make some skirts to help flesh out my Lolita wardrobe for cheap and she's even found various sites online to buy good lace from. Her crafty side really comes out in Lolita now and it's exciting to see her get into it.

:O Really? Whoa! If you don't mind me asking, what's caused her to have such a change of heart? That's awesome, and congratulations! smile

(Also sorry for my slowpoke post xD)

Devoted Sex Symbol

EIinu
That Cat Who Eats Ramen

:O Really? Whoa! If you don't mind me asking, what's caused her to have such a change of heart? That's awesome, and congratulations! smile

(Also sorry for my slowpoke post xD)

I think it was when I started talking about making things that she started to feel okay. Plus I showed her some classic stuff and she liked that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff