Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Sakura Latte
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte
I'm with Binaries. I think the pricing on dresses are reasonable even if they're out of my range, but I don't believe in paying more than $10 for accessories and trinkets. To me, $80 for a pair of brand socks is way overpriced for me.

...OK I love brand and I have a drawer full of brand socks but I have never seen socks for $80 anywhere. I paid $50 for a pair that were no longer in production and still brand new (I will not buy used socks) but new brand socks that are currently in production shouldn't run more than $30, $35 if they are really super fancy.

Who is trying to sell you socks for 80 dollars and why are they off their meds?

Maybe I'm remembering the prices wrong, but I remember going into the BtSSB store in San Francisco during the Jpop Summit Festival event and seeing socks sold for a pretty high price (again, anything above $10 for any clothing that's not a blouse, dress, or shoes is overpriced to me).

Yeah, no. I live in San Francisco and I shop there smile At BtSSB most of the socks are around $26.

Lover

AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte
I'm with Binaries. I think the pricing on dresses are reasonable even if they're out of my range, but I don't believe in paying more than $10 for accessories and trinkets. To me, $80 for a pair of brand socks is way overpriced for me.

...OK I love brand and I have a drawer full of brand socks but I have never seen socks for $80 anywhere. I paid $50 for a pair that were no longer in production and still brand new (I will not buy used socks) but new brand socks that are currently in production shouldn't run more than $30, $35 if they are really super fancy.

Maybe I'm remembering the prices wrong, but I remember going into the BtSSB store in San Francisco during the Jpop Summit Festival event and seeing socks sold for a pretty high price (again, anything above $10 for any clothing that's not a blouse, dress, or shoes is overpriced to me).

Yeah, no. I live in San Francisco and I shop there smile At BtSSB most of the socks are around $26.
omg. you live in san fran and shop at ap and baby? you're living my dream

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
casnip
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte

Between rent control and the lolita shops I will basically never move. We also have a great comm. Lots of creative ladies and gentlemen. You should visit! <3

Lover

AradiaWindbourne
casnip
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte

Between rent control and the lolita shops I will basically never move. We also have a great comm. Lots of creative ladies and gentlemen. You should visit! <3
i would LOVE to visit! i live about 4 hours south of san fransisco and went to the ap and baby store last summer. it was so cute. do you guys have lots of meetups?

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
casnip
AradiaWindbourne
casnip
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte

i would LOVE to visit! i live about 4 hours south of san fransisco and went to the ap and baby store last summer. it was so cute. do you guys have lots of meetups?

There's a monthly thing in Japantown on Friday nights (if I go to that I am usually dressed down because I have to come straight from my job in Oakland) and there are a lot of teas, and there are also the brand shop events. There's a group on facebook... smile that's where it all happens.
I am not complaining about the price but I want to get fitting clothes for the price I pay. The fabric, lace, print quality is good but most brands are kinda small for me... Waist fits but it is not comfortable even with the shirring and chest is too small... It is even harder to fit with blouse on.

I've never felt so fat for myself. It bothers me that I won't fit good for those dresses even if I lose weight.

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
rosecape
I am not complaining about the price but I want to get fitting clothes for the price I pay. The fabric, lace, print quality is good but most brands are kinda small for me... Waist fits but it is not comfortable even with the shirring and chest is too small... It is even harder to fit with blouse on.

I've never felt so fat for myself. It bothers me that I won't fit good for those dresses even if I lose weight.

I've got really good at scrounging fabric from novelty items like tote bags and altering clothes.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte

oooh i'm sooo jelly! surprised

i want to go to BtSSB and so baaadly! gonk

i live in san diego, so it will be awhile before i can go. sad

hopefully i can get a decent tax return plus some b-day money from relatives and be able to plan a trip. 3nodding

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
aj OwO
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte

hopefully i can get a decent tax return plus some b-day money from relatives and be able to plan a trip. 3nodding

If you're coming, check out the SF lolita facebook group for our activities--we're very friendly, not a lot of BTB types up here!

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
AradiaWindbourne
aj OwO
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte

If you're coming, check out the SF lolita facebook group for our activities--we're very friendly, not a lot of BTB types up here!

oooh i will do that! surprised

i'm still new to lolita terms, uhh what is a BTB type? sweatdrop

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
aj OwO
AradiaWindbourne
aj OwO
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte

If you're new to lolita (or even if you're not) you're better off not knowing. There is a community on livejournal called "behind the bows" and it's a lolita secrets community. Some of the secrets are funny but most of it's 4chan style BS these days.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
AradiaWindbourne
aj OwO
AradiaWindbourne
aj OwO
AradiaWindbourne
Sakura Latte

If you're new to lolita (or even if you're not) you're better off not knowing. There is a community on livejournal called "behind the bows" and it's a lolita secrets community. Some of the secrets are funny but most of it's 4chan style BS these days.

oh i see. eek

thank you for the information! 3nodding

Sugary Bunny

19,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
Thats why I learned how to sew and make my own now, turned out to be my calling though- I'm quite fond of it and I'm pretty good at it!

If I have the extra money though it's nice to buy some offbrand~
I think it's expensive, but at the same time I am happy with the quality and design of brand items to be able to justify the price.

My husband raises his eyebrows when I tell him how much I spend, and my parents.. they think any item over $50 is expensive!

I think the plastic jewelry is overpriced but find the shoes to be an okay price though I can't vouch for the quality of them since I haven't bought a pair of brand shoes yet, most of my shoes are usually around that price anyway.
It's way too expensive but thats rly the beauty of it

op's/jsk's - for baby/AP, if a dress is set at 350$ i think a good 50$-60$ of your price IS going to be because its got their brand name attached, but that is justifiable. for meta/IW (the only other two ive had experience with) their pieces are unlined, usually involve less overall construction, so 200$ is only going to add an additional 20$-30$ to go towards the brand name. indie/taobao brands are usually about 60$-150$ and some of the higher priced ones are at about the same construction as meta/IW but without the brand name

socks - for big names theyres going to be a little extra cost but 5-10$ is usually not that big of a deal, a good pair of socks is always going to be atleast 25-35$, tights u can probably get away with cheaper

shoes - the day i fit into anything other then bodyline and indie shoes is the day god rises, shoes are always going to be expensive tho, brand name or not, vivian westwood is a good example of how a brand name increases price exponentially

jewelry/blouses - this is the one place where i do think some of the brand prices are unjustifiable. AP jewelry is just so expensive and its rly just b/c its AP. blouses i feel the same way about, im never really going to pay more then 65$-75$ for a blouse, with 35$-55$ being my prefered price range. brand blouses that go for 100$+ are just so ridiculous to me.

head pieces/hats - no complaints here, everythings p much as expensive as expected, sometimes im mad that a headpiece is 40$, but considering its a brand name headpiece it makes sense

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff