Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I bought circle lenses for the first time, but i can't get them in! As soon as i get one to my eye it immediately inverts and pops out! It's definitely not backwards. Any tips for a first-time user?

More specifically this is what it's doing.

Kawaii Girl

That sounds bizzare. I've never used circle lenses, but I used regular contacts for a while and they definitely never inverted after I put them in my eye. Maybe they got stressed the other way somehow? Do they hurt or feel very uncomfortable when you put them in?
Princess JessieKate
That sounds bizzare. I've never used circle lenses, but I used regular contacts for a while and they definitely never inverted after I put them in my eye. Maybe they got stressed the other way somehow? Do they hurt or feel very uncomfortable when you put them in?

I actually finally managed to get them in and I think the problem may have been that they were too wet when I was trying to put them in. Too much solution made them adhede to my fingers. They feel pretty much ok, I just have to get used to them. It was only a little painful at first with the right eye but eyedrops help.

Kawaii Girl

Milky-Teaa
Princess JessieKate

I actually finally managed to get them in and I think the problem may have been that they were too wet when I was trying to put them in. Too much solution made them adhede to my fingers. They feel pretty much ok, I just have to get used to them. It was only a little painful at first with the right eye but eyedrops help.
Be careful, if they're painful at all that could be a bad sign! I'm glad you figured it out. smile

Questionable Conversationalist

You did soak them for 24-48 hours in clean solution before wearing right? They really shouldn't be painful if you've cleansed them of the preservatives they arrive in <:c
Definitely be careful wearing them and don't wear them longer than 4 hours and try to not do it too often either. Have you been to an eye doctor recently or have you ever gone to be fitted for contacts to know if you have an abnormal eye shape or anything?

Feral Raider

When I first got contacts the eye doctor recommended starting out with short periods of wear, like 15 mins, 30 mins and so forth until the lenses felt comfortable. Some people have sensitive eyes that need more time to get used to having contacts. If the discomfort is severe discontinue using the contacts. You may have to go to an eye doctor to find out the correct curve you need.

Romantic Gekko

7,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hey!

Don't worry about it. Just make sure you soak the lenses at least 8 hours in clean contact solution. Longer is okay as well. And make sure your hands are clean and free of dust and lint before you touch your eyes or lenses. When dust gets trapped between your lense and eye it stings.

When you take it out of the case, start with one lens and dump the lens and it with the solution from the case onto your palm, gently rubbing it in a circular motion with your finger. Not your nail. Your nails have dirt under them and can cause punctures or tears in your lenses.

Once you have done this, you've removed any proteins and cleaned your lenses. Also, excess contact solution is rubbed off. Usually when you start putting your lense into your eye, it inverts because they are so big and get pushed back by your eyelashes. I have a habit of flinching and my contact ends up flipping back onto my finger. Just be slow and steady.

Place the contact on your index finger and use your middle finger to pull your bottom lid down. Use your other hand to pull your top eyelid up. Sometimes to help the lens slide off my finger and into my eye, I use another finger so that I can hold the lens to my eye while sliding my main finger off. Other times you just need to be less forcefull and let the lens find it's way onto your eye. Blink a few times to help the lens position itself properly.

Once you have one lens in, repeat for the second. It's difficult to get in because of the size. Discomfort is caused by the fact that circle lenses are less "breathable" so use eye drops and blink a few times so that it sits on your cornea well. When your eyes get irritated, take the lenses out so your eyes can breathe and try again another day so your eyes get used to the lenses but have breaks to breathe.

Commander in Chief

taesty chicken
Hey!

Don't worry about it. Just make sure you soak the lenses at least 8 hours in clean contact solution. Longer is okay as well. And make sure your hands are clean and free of dust and lint before you touch your eyes or lenses. When dust gets trapped between your lense and eye it stings.

When you take it out of the case, start with one lens and dump the lens and it with the solution from the case onto your palm, gently rubbing it in a circular motion with your finger. Not your nail. Your nails have dirt under them and can cause punctures or tears in your lenses.

Once you have done this, you've removed any proteins and cleaned your lenses. Also, excess contact solution is rubbed off. Usually when you start putting your lense into your eye, it inverts because they are so big and get pushed back by your eyelashes. I have a habit of flinching and my contact ends up flipping back onto my finger. Just be slow and steady.

Place the contact on your index finger and use your middle finger to pull your bottom lid down. Use your other hand to pull your top eyelid up. Sometimes to help the lens slide off my finger and into my eye, I use another finger so that I can hold the lens to my eye while sliding my main finger off. Other times you just need to be less forcefull and let the lens find it's way onto your eye. Blink a few times to help the lens position itself properly.

Once you have one lens in, repeat for the second. It's difficult to get in because of the size. Discomfort is caused by the fact that circle lenses are less "breathable" so use eye drops and blink a few times so that it sits on your cornea well. When your eyes get irritated, take the lenses out so your eyes can breathe and try again another day so your eyes get used to the lenses but have breaks to breathe.
Did you know that if I eat too much of this birthday cake that I might start to spawn again and then there will be thousands more of me once again. You know this will be good for Site Feedback, so ok - more me! Bye bye!

Citizen

I had the same problem when i started usingcircle lenses, i often still do.

When i have a lot of circle lense liquid n my fingers they tend to want to stick to them mopre than they want to be poked into my eye. Simple solution, make sure fingers are dry and add a bit of eyedrop to the inside of the lense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff