Welcome to Gaia! ::

msmotionless's Husband

IRL Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Hey everyone, I just recently discovered Lolita fashion. I've been wondering what sites that I could start to look at for the Ouji/and or any boystyle type of Lolita fashion. Any DIY would also be helpful. I'm extremely new so bear with me! 3nodding

Quaint Snowfriend

Have you read the Hello Lace page on the Ouji style?

As far as affordable, beginner stores for ouji I personally highly reccomend Fanplusfriend & Infanta.
Bodyline also has some ouji pieces, under their Lolita section.

Just remember, ouji coords are more than just short pants and a blouse.
Accessorizing and layering is a large part of dressing ouji.
If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!
I would highly suggest the group ouji tumblr called palace of princes. They are full of info and have both men and women who do it so they have all sorts of advice. Buttcape's blog is link for an overview of the style. Also lots of style inspo!

The big thing that I see is that it is going to be more indie, more obscure japanese brands and more japanese second hand sales that you are looking at. It is more of a fluid style but that means it is easier to do wrong. You can do a diy thing with it, but I would not suggest it at first because especially for guys it tends to be too easy to fall into a bulter or steampunk goth style which is not the same. It requires you to be critical about the look you are creating as just because it fits the checklist does not make it ouji. I say it is easier to go and buy brand at first, get an outfit down and then when you understand the gist of it go out and make your own thing in the style. Even stuff like a blouse, the types of stuff used in lolita/ouji are different from what you get in regular stores, it is going to be hard to find something that is like that normally. You wont really find the vests and jackets elsewhere much either.

I think your first thing is to determine what kind of look you are going for. Ouji itself is more boyish while arsitocrat has a more mature look to it. How fancy do you want to go? There is a more causal way to go about it but even then it is more formal than you are likely use to. Big super formal stuff involves wearing lots of hats and s**t. What kind of budget are you going on? What is your priority here?

msmotionless's Husband

IRL Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
legnanellaf5
I would highly suggest the group ouji tumblr called palace of princes. They are full of info and have both men and women who do it so they have all sorts of advice. Buttcape's blog is link for an overview of the style. Also lots of style inspo!

The big thing that I see is that it is going to be more indie, more obscure japanese brands and more japanese second hand sales that you are looking at. It is more of a fluid style but that means it is easier to do wrong. You can do a diy thing with it, but I would not suggest it at first because especially for guys it tends to be too easy to fall into a bulter or steampunk goth style which is not the same. It requires you to be critical about the look you are creating as just because it fits the checklist does not make it ouji. I say it is easier to go and buy brand at first, get an outfit down and then when you understand the gist of it go out and make your own thing in the style. Even stuff like a blouse, the types of stuff used in lolita/ouji are different from what you get in regular stores, it is going to be hard to find something that is like that normally. You wont really find the vests and jackets elsewhere much either.

I think your first thing is to determine what kind of look you are going for. Ouji itself is more boyish while arsitocrat has a more mature look to it. How fancy do you want to go? There is a more causal way to go about it but even then it is more formal than you are likely use to. Big super formal stuff involves wearing lots of hats and s**t. What kind of budget are you going on? What is your priority here?

It seems like you know a lot thanks for the info. I think I'll check out the site you listed and see what I want. I'm still not sure for what sort of look I'm going for. Probably the aristocrat look, but the Ouji one looks so awesome too. Haha I'll probably end up mixing and matching something horrible. sweatdrop
AkNinja
legnanellaf5

It seems like you know a lot thanks for the info. I think I'll check out the site you listed and see what I want. I'm still not sure for what sort of look I'm going for. Probably the aristocrat look, but the Ouji one looks so awesome too. Haha I'll probably end up mixing and matching something horrible. sweatdrop

No problem. For aristrocrat, the go to stuff will be Moite and Atelier Boz and Alice and the Pirates. These arent going to be cheap stuff, nor is the Rolando coats that are big amongst that group.

There is taobao which will have cheaper stuff from china, and fanplus friend as suggested has some stuff, but a lot of the good stuff you will be wanting will be stuff from the big brands. Since the quality is just so nice and obvious between the cheaper stuff and the more quality stuff. So take your time to put oufits together, dont feel like you need to rush. Alice and the pirates sometimes have things on sale or in lucky packs, but your best bet will be to go on japanese sites like Mbok and buy from there. To use mbok you will have to have a shopping service to be the middleman. An example is Japonica, which does have a guide to mbok here. This is not the only one to do this, just an example of one. Just go on mbok, look up stuff you want, you can search the brand's name to see what is under it, and then you copy the link over to the shopping service to get them to bid for you. Another resource is closet child http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/, which has overseas info for how to order. For ouji it isnt as good, but you do have access to gothic stuff that can be put into outfits.
I highly recommend reading Buttcape's Ouji Overview.

msmotionless's Husband

IRL Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Chaotic Wishes
I highly recommend reading Buttcape's Ouji Overview.

Thanks! I'll definitely check this out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces