Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Victory

Just looking for honest oppinions, here. heart

Ok, so while I adore lolita (and similar) fashion, I am no expert on any of it. I understand the basic lolita rules about skirt length, silhouette, etc. But I wonder, where do you think the following styles fit in relation to lolita?

(for each of these, I have heard of them being described as a sub-style of lolita. And at other times heard they shouldn't be considered lolita at all.)

-Aristocrat?

-Ero?

-Kodona?

If you don't think these styles should be considered lolita, would you consider them to be 'cousins' of it?

Profitable Businessman

I consider aristo simply a related style, like you said, a "cousin", and ero and kodona sub-styles. However it's not something I'm very serious about.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ero is a substyle of lolita.

Kodona and Aristocrat have base items that differ greatly from the "base" lolita items, so most people consider them very closely related styles rather than substyles of lolita.

As a general rule of thumb, a substyle uses the same "base items" with a similar silhouette and cut while a related style uses different silhouettes, pieces, and cuts even if it shares some of the motifs of another style ^^

And an easy way to tell is to think of it this way: You'd call a gothic or classic lolita a lolita, but you probably wouldn't use "lolita" to refer to someone wearing aristo or kodona.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff