Amai 0.084745762711864 8.5% [ 10 ]
Sailor 0.40677966101695 40.7% [ 48 ]
Dandy 0.16949152542373 16.9% [ 20 ]
Guro 0.26271186440678 26.3% [ 31 ]
Qi 0.076271186440678 7.6% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 118 ]
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

Shirtless Capitalist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welcome to みんな も ロリタ。
The lolita Encyclopedia Art Project

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
WORKING ON: Guro Lolita
Will be temporarily halting the project due to busy-ness for the next 1 week.

If you are looking for clipart, please scroll down to the third post.
If you see prints/ accessories you would like to keep but are not in the toybox, let me know and I will upload them to the thread.
Subscribe and check back regularly for new art!

Introduction
Please read through this post, it should give you a good understanding of the project.
So, I'm creating a lolita encyclopaedia. Something like an infographic that would help a newbie understand the lolita culture better. Myself and the artists/helpers involved will embark on a somewhat ambitious process of cataloguing all lolita styles, hopefully in the progress learning and also sharing.

Art Spotlight
Where recently completed/ notable art within the thread is showcased.

We need help!
1. Looking for Artists - People who want to go through the project with us, basically draw, chat, have fun. Post in the thread and jump in. Pm me any complete works or wips and I will put it in the first page.
2. Looking for Experts - People who know enough about the culture to provide accurate references and definitions on Lolita subcultures.
3. Regulars - To come in, have afternoon tea with friends and basically keep the project going.

Unsavoury Behaviour. D<
1. This is not an avatar art thread, so please don't go "Draw my avi pleaseeee!" unless your avatar is a good reference to a particular style.
2. Polite debates are good. Fighting over which style sucks more/ which photograph is -ita is not.

Shirtless Capitalist

Lolita Encyclopedia
Info as found on Lolita Fashion
(Which happens to also have an illustrated guide)
All art in this post belongs to me, credit and notify in the thread if you would like to use it.

Casual Lolita
Casual Lolita is a more toned down version of the style, while still retaining the basic lolita elements. It is very hard to put together a nice casual lolita co-ordination unless you have years of experience or are a natural at it.Most favoured in the Casual Lolita co-ordination is (in a way) simplicity, so a nice simple cut-sew perhaps with a motif of some sort paired with a lolita skirt and hair accessory/headdress. (However the hair accessories are usualy toned-down as well.) Casual Lolita can best be described as what a Lolita would wear when not ‘dressing up.’ Still modest, and elegant but not as over the top as most other Lolita styles. A great Casual Lolita can be compiled out of any colour, as long a you remember to match colours, prints, etc. etc. as you would with any other Lolita style. A simple caridgan over a jsk or skirt creates a nice casual look.

Wa-Lolita
Wa Lolita is a style that is often recognised by the Kimono-esque look of the outfits, and is for those Lolitas who may love to get in-touch with the country that brought about Lolita fashion.Wa Lolita involves long ‘sode’ or, sleeves, and ‘obi’ or sashes that are taken from Kimono/yukata outfits, and fused with the bell-shaped skirt of lolita. Wa Lolita fabrics are often very extravagant like most Kimono fabrics, involving detailed flower prints, and cranes.Traditional Japanese Kanzashi or flower hairclips may work lovely with this style in the place of a Lolita head-dress. Make-up can range from light and natural to Japanese geisha inspired.

Classic Lolita
Classic Lolita is the tamest of all the Lolita styles as many Classic dresses could pass for a garden party, church or summer dress. Unlike Sweet Lolita that is about looking cute, Classic Lolita is about looking classy, and harks back to Lolita fashion’s roots in Victorian fashion, taking inspiration from the floral patterns, and the sense of elegance of the era; bold colors aren’t normally found in Classic Lolita clothing.Unlike the other styles of lolita, many Classic Lolita skirts have an A-line shape instead of the normal bell shape.Like the other lolita styles light makeup is suggested but depending on outfit and occasion darker makeup (that still creates a soft look) can be appropriate.

Sweet Lolita
Sweet Lolita is the most over-the-top style and includes aesthetics nearly exclusive to lolita. It is also the most child-like of the lolita styles, using many bows, ruffles and light colors to make up an outfit. The most common colors used in a Sweet Lolita outfit are pink, white, and powder blue, but an outfit can be made with nearly any pastel or plaid (or nearly any color at all as long as it is not neon).Common motifs in Sweet Lolita are toys, strawberries, cherries, cakes and candies, hearts, polka dots and flowers. Prints inspired by fairy tales are also quite common.

Shirtless Capitalist

Awesome Art from the Thread!
YASUKI's Art
lovelylaceyrose's Hime Lolita
Fairy Black Candy's WIP
catsada's Outfit
FallenGIT's beautiful lolita art
Hermorrhoidal Flare Up's Amai Lolita reference!
Classic Lolita Reference

Toybox:
The items posted below comes from prints and accessories I have created for the lolitas, feel free to take and use them!
They are all .PNGs which means they have transparent backgrounds you can use on other artwork of your own.

Just leave a note for me in the thread if you do. :]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Saint

this is a cool idea c:
I would join if my art was at a...more satisfactory level ;n;
good luck though~

Shirtless Capitalist

Rae Ella
this is a cool idea c:
I would join if my art was at a...more satisfactory level ;n;
good luck though~

Thanks very much. :]
Do stay and chat if you would like to.

Shirtless Capitalist

Well I guess I should start tonight~
::sets up table and gets distracted by stationery::
D8

Dedicated Loiterer

I wouldn't mind dropping by and doing art for you guys once in a while since I don't totally suck a**.
If you would have me, that is. My styles are not even kind of consistent.

Shirtless Capitalist

No More Dead Daves
I wouldn't mind dropping by and doing art for you guys once in a while since I don't totally suck a**.

Oh, hi! I've seen you around.
You're very welcome to stay and join in the project/ draw any related art here.
....Actually I really need someone who knows the fashion to help with definitions and references.
><;;

Receiver

No More Dead Daves

wow I didn't know you could draw heart

Dedicated Loiterer

[Kirimasu__]
No More Dead Daves

....Actually I really need someone who knows the fashion to help with definitions and references.
><;;

Oh jeez. Anyone's who's seen me before usually doesn't like me =u=
I can. Google things? :v I am adept in the art of collecting information.

Dedicated Loiterer

Pnyuu
No More Dead Daves

wow I didn't know you could draw heart

Most people don't for some reason, even though my art litters the MLP forum.

Shirtless Capitalist

No More Dead Daves
[Kirimasu__]
No More Dead Daves

><;;

:T You're exaggerating.
fffff my tablet has finally died. /mourn
Yup, google is the answer to life.

Dedicated Loiterer

[Kirimasu__]
No More Dead Daves
[Kirimasu__]
No More Dead Daves

><;;

:T You're exaggerating.
fffff my tablet has finally died. /mourn
Yup, google is the answer to life.

I am not even. The first time I came to the lolita forum someone threw a bitchfit because they'd seen me in other forums. I am blocked by people I don't even know .u.
D: Oh no, can you fix it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces