Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Codger

Rennie`
Chartreusethewaterdemon
Hesperia the Goddess

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh thank you! emotion_awesome so much better now!

My pleasure.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

eek

How do you do that???

How do we do what?...
Rennie`
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes, there's nothing better then a nice cup of tea.

I'm from England (wooooow stereotype!!) and my friends and I love drinking tea as a comfort drink (as well as instant coffee). You can have a really s**t day but it's instantly soothed by tea, done exactly to your taste.

How I like mine is called a 'Builder's Tea' which means it's strong, not a lot of milk, and 2 sugars, the tea has to be PG tips. If I'm feeling particulary low I'll add an extra half a teaspoon of sugar and brew it for an extra minute. And it has to be in a china mug, not a cheap clay mug (don't ask my why but tea should be served in a china mug as it makes it taste better.)

So, what about you guys:
- do you drink tea
- what type of tea do you drink (ordinary, bog standard tea, Earl Grey, fruit tea etc)
- what makes the perfect tea for you

Thanks for playing up to the stereotype and making a topic about it(!) Now more deluded people think we're all tea drinking cockney wizards with awful dental hygiene...or Hugh Grant on a bicycle. D:

Tipsy Codger

I tend to drink chai, chamomile or Bengal spice. Though its rare for me to want any. Only when Im sleepy or feeling sick. Usually im a more of a coffee person.
So, what about you guys:

- do you drink tea Yes that I do.

- what type of tea do you drink (ordinary, bog standard tea, Earl Grey, fruit tea etc) Green Tea.

- what makes the perfect tea for you I like green tea with a little bit of sweet. But I think Strawberrt tea is my favorite. ^^
I never liked tea much until recently. I love trying the different varieties they sell at Trader Joe's. I just made myself a nice cup of ginger pear with hibiscus tea. Green tea is pretty much a staple in my diet too. I also have a white tea raspberry which is pretty good, and there's a orange black tea I've had my eye on too. For the most part, I just drink my tea straight, and brewed long enough so it has some nice flavor.

The only tea I really prefer sweetened with milk is chai. I LOVE chia tea lattes. They are the bomb.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
- do you drink tea

yum_tea I have thirteen...no, wait, fourteen boxes of tea in my cabinets. Most of them are at least half empty, others have even less left, and only one is still mostly full. It's safe to say I drink a fair amount of tea.

- what type of tea do you drink (ordinary, bog standard tea, Earl Grey, fruit tea etc)

yum_tea I prefer black teas, but I'll drink white and green teas as well. I'll also drink herbal tisanes, which aren't proper tea, I know, but can be enjoyed in much the same way. I tend to go for the pricier teas because I've noticed that cheap teas like Lipton or Red Diamond have a funny taste to them, like they're stale or something. I mean, I'm not quite to the point where I'm paying $200 for a pound of tea, but like...$6 for a small box of green tea is pretty average for me.

yum_tea The perfect black tea, for me, is a strong cup of Earl Grey with a little bit of milk. I also really like to brew my favorite green tea (Numi's Gunpowder Green) together with my favorite mint tisane (Numi's Morroccan Mint); it makes a tasty and refreshing brew that's great hot or on ice. If I'm feeling sick, I brew a bit of chamomile tea with some organic honey.

Sparkly Lunatic

Favorite? Chai. Chaichaichaichaichai. All damn day. When I started having to wake up early for classes I'd make myself a thermos of tea to take with me, if I had time. And when I've had a bad day I throw three bags into my coffee pot's filter and brew it that way. Lazy face, this chick. Perfect cup is anything I can get my hands on at that moment when I just can't stand it anymore and I need tea. (Chai, four sugar cubes, no milk, or a spiced red berry tea I get from a tea shop Downtown, one and a half spoons of sugar (the sugar chunks, I love them so!!)) I love fruity teas, lovelovelove, and I have a passion for herbals. Just about anything, really. I've only come across one tea I didn't like, and they'd done something to it to flavor it too strongly with a smoky flavor. It was like drinking a forest fire.
I love a good black tea or a chai tea (extra honey and milk please.) Also I hate anything with hibiscus in it.

Fashionable Genius

Her majesty doth enjoy mint, ginger, or fruit flavored teas. I ne'er put milk in it. I always add sweetner or honey.

Rainbow Dog

I like a nice chai with cream, spice, and vanilla or green tea with a bit of honey to sweeten it. Those are my perfect teas <3~

I also like oolong with milk and fruit teas.
I like my totally fake American 'vanilla chai' tea. I make it with a 2:1 milk water ratio and also stir in a spoonful of sweetened condense milk because I like to bastardize exotic culture as much as possible when it comes to beverages.
Starbucks Green Tea Latte

lololol

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
MegaTurkey
Rennie`
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes, there's nothing better then a nice cup of tea.

I'm from England (wooooow stereotype!!) and my friends and I love drinking tea as a comfort drink (as well as instant coffee). You can have a really s**t day but it's instantly soothed by tea, done exactly to your taste.

How I like mine is called a 'Builder's Tea' which means it's strong, not a lot of milk, and 2 sugars, the tea has to be PG tips. If I'm feeling particulary low I'll add an extra half a teaspoon of sugar and brew it for an extra minute. And it has to be in a china mug, not a cheap clay mug (don't ask my why but tea should be served in a china mug as it makes it taste better.)

So, what about you guys:
- do you drink tea

Thanks for playing up to the stereotype and making a topic about it(!) Now more deluded people think we're all tea drinking cockney wizards with awful dental hygiene...or Hugh Grant on a bicycle. D:
I think tea drinking is the only correct stereotype.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
My perfect cup of tea is a coffee.

Dedicated Loiterer

A little while ago I had jasmine oolong tea. It was really good, like drinking flowers emotion_drool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff