Welcome to Gaia! ::

My bi-polar dissorder used to be really bad. I would get really violent with people for no reason. Then i would feel so bad about it but i just couldn't control my anger. I read health books, all it did was give me stories i could relate to. It didn't stop me from slamming my friends head in to a pole and knocking him unconciouss. But the Lexapro did.
audrey_ rose
JaddziaDax
VenomDkoc
first of....(ima be a smart a**) of course mental problems are in your head... where else the gonna be? ur leg?...

O.o actually in some cases they could be O.o

RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME!!!!!

DOOM!!!

lol! i thought RLS was
fake until i got it when
i was pregnant. it's like
torture, it really is crying
Raech is Outrageous
audrey_ rose
JaddziaDax
VenomDkoc
first of....(ima be a smart a**) of course mental problems are in your head... where else the gonna be? ur leg?...

DOOM!!!

lol! i thought RLS was
fake until i got it when

Oh No! I laugh everytime i see commercials on TV or something, but really it does seem terrible!
audrey_ rose
Raech is Outrageous
audrey_ rose
JaddziaDax
VenomDkoc

DOOM!!!

lol! i thought RLS was
fake until i got it when

Oh No! I laugh everytime i see commercials on TV or something, but really it does seem terrible!

i used to laugh too. i used to say
"are they making up disorders
now??"

i guess that is what i get for laughing xd
I've been diagnosed with dysthymia which is caused by a chemical imbalance. They wanted to medicate me for it, but I refused. I seemed to be getting better with just therapy, but I had to stop because I just can't afford it. I don't have health insurance anymore, unfortunately.

My mom is a manic depressive and has some personality disorders that I can't remember what they are at the moment. She's been in and out of mental hospitals several times due to not being able to function and attempted suicide. Medicines didn't work for her because her body didn't absorb them... Something about her motabalism, I think. She had to undergo electroconvulsive therapy, at the failure of the leading medications, which she quit because it was affecting her short-term memory too much that she couldn't stand it. She just recently got the VNS implant as a last resort to help her. It seems to be working, but she can't get her medication (she's using like the strongest antidepresants out there... guh... can't remember what they're called) because some drug head stole them and without insurance, she can't get them. All of this is caused by a chemical imbalance that wasn't treated for 15 years. She only started getting threated 5 years ago.

Without treatment, mental disorders can just go out of control. Sometimes it is just a hypochondriac, but there are honest cases where help is needed.

EDIT: Just remembered. She also has anxiety and panic disorders. She's not very lucky. sweatdrop
I have OCD and abandonment issues. They aren't all in my head.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
My condition, apart from depression, is probably a condition that people would see as attention seeking.

I have panic disorder (having constant panic attacks)

Of course it's in my head, it's a psychiatric illness which means that something is wrong in my brain. Panic attacks can be triggered by certain things which I am not aware of, like sitting in class talking about the affects of adrenaline because they are the same as symptoms of a panic attack.

I hate it when people just say 'it's in your head' because I feel as though I am unable to control myself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff