Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
xXFurygeistXx
Favorite type and why you like it (feel free to list more than one)
Mantids. I also enjoy bees (which is surprising, because I had a great fear of them as a child. Then I realized they are fluffy little vegetarians, and figured we could be pals), harvestmen (technically arachnids, but they cool), ladybugs, dragonflies, damselflies, fireflies, butterflies, and moths. I like these bugs cuz they are beneficial to my gardens, they are pretty to look at, and they can be pretty chill bugs.

-Least favorite type and why (same as top)

Wasps need to leave me the ******** alone (but I accept their presence because their young parasitize insects I DON'T like, which is fine by me), and hornets can go suck a big ol d**k. I try to appreciate spiders (I know, I know, not an insect) for what they do, but when they get on or near me, I kinda freak out. I still don't have full control over my arachnophobia yet. sweatdrop Not freaked out by large orb weavers, though. Also ******** ants. ******** them so hard. Only colonizing bugs I like are bees. Ants can got have a merry d**k fest with the hornets. I really HATE sugar ants. ******** refuse to stop invading the house. stressed And yellow jackets. ******** yellow jackets in their arse daggers. AND CENTIPEDES NEED TO DIE A MILLIONS DEATHS! They scare the s**t out of me. I don't like bugs that can sting or bite me and inject venom. Many types of flies, but especially botflies and tsetse flies, cuz they parasitize humans and tsetse flies bring sleeping sickness. Also mosquitos, because ******** 'em, I need my blood. Go take your nasty parasites and viruses elsewhere you shits. Also cockroaches, because ew.

The gardener in me hates aphids, grasshoppers, crickets, japanese beetles, caterpillars, stink bugs, and squash bugs. All for obvious gardener reasons (THEY EAT MY s**t). They are the one reason I don't kill wasps on sight, though I will destroy the nests of some breeds since they like to build them RIGHT BY MY ******** BACK DOOR. I don't mind the kind that dig holes in my planters and stun a caterpillar to shove in the hole and lay eggs on, cuz their life cycle is awesomely gruesome (the babies hatch and eat the caterpillar ALIVE) and they don't harm my plants. I love the itty bitty types that parasitize ants by laying their eggs in the back of the ants head, and the larvae hatch and eat out the brain of the ant and the rest of their insides, then emerge by popping the heads off the little ********. Gotta love natures pest control. I'm cool with those wasps. They do me great service.

-The one(s) you fear most (same)

Of the insect realm? Centipedes. Definitely centipedes. Can't tell which end is the venomous end, so i don't like ******** with them. And certain ant species (bulldog ants, siafu, army ants, fire ants).

-The one(s) who you seriously don't want to encounter in your entire life.

Cave centipedes. ******** eat bats. BATS. A snake tried to eat one and LOST THE FIGHT AND GOT EATEN INSTEAD. NO. ******** CENTIPEDES.

Bulldog ants from Australia (******** can kill you with their sting). And Siafu, the driver ant. They don't really have stings, but they are HUGE and they have giant mandibles. They swarm you and invade your lungs so you end up drowning in ants, then eat you from the inside out. I doubt even giant anteaters would ******** with siafu. Maybe a pangolin, if it was feeling brave. Well, this is if they lived on the same continent (siafu live in africa, giant anteaters live in south america. Pangolin do live in africa, but they are small, so I doubt they'd take on siafu).

(Off-topic question): Your favorite type of cookie! What is it?

Chocolate chip (even better if CC macadamia nut). I am a boring piece of trash. biggrin

Oooooh cave centipedes sound like some serious scary s**t. O___o Yeah I wouldn't wanna meet one either....I've encountered centipedes before and I didn't mind them...they just grossed me out a bit with all heir little legs. *shivers* I didn't mind their presence though. I would definitely mind the cave one...that's freaky flip s**t.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
-Favorite type and why you like it (feel free to list more than one)
Bees; they're interesting

Cockroaches; they're disgusting creatures who live in your house, ruin your food and spread disease

Anything poisonous

Army ants

Peanut butter

Hygienic Member

i love love love loooove bumblebees specifically. they are soooo so cute. and lady bugs.

and tarantulas. g.pulchra are my absolute favorite i'm so obsessed, i want one so bad. tarantula canada has them right now but im p sure my parents would literally murder me if i bought one. cry

i'm basically afraid of all other bugs, but i especially HATE earwigs. apparently there are like hugeee earwigs that can get to be like 3 inches, and even the thoguht makes me want to cry.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Butterflies, because they have pretty wings. During my sister's college orientation, an orientation leader who led the families on a brief tour around the campus showed us the Entomology department and the butterfly exhibit, and I was fascinated by all the butterflies. I'm also fond of lady bugs, some small beetles, and pill bugs. Actually, I like trolling with pill bugs and nudging them to make them curl up.

Every other kinds of insects, I hate. And like you, OP, I'm also arachnophobic. I can't look at fake ones or watch videos or see pictures of them, either. At my local Safeway, they put up two huge spider plush in front of the windows near one of the entrances as Halloween decoration, and I always have to look away or down at my feet whenever I enter/exit so I don't have to see them.

Liberal Receiver

Quote:
-Favorite type and why you like it (feel free to list more than one)

Dragonflies/darnerflies/needleflies, lady bugs, cellar spider/harvestmen/daddy longlegs and butterflies.
All totally beneficial, not detrimental or harmful to me in any manner.

Quote:

Earwigs, centipedes, june bugs, Wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets.
They do have their purpose in life, I'd think, but I've been bitten by all three and have not had good reactions to any of them.

Quote:

Bees. Sting allergy. But it's not lumped into least favorite because they serve a notable purpose and honey is good.
Quote:

Anything regularly bigger than a cigarette.
Which some centipedes fall under.

Quote:

Something with spices like cinnamon and nutmeg!

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
deeluxe

dead ones

lmao are those your favorite?

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Reiko Iwamaru

Oooooh cave centipedes sound like some serious scary s**t. O___o Yeah I wouldn't wanna meet one either....I've encountered centipedes before and I didn't mind them...they just grossed me out a bit with all heir little legs. *shivers* I didn't mind their presence though. I would definitely mind the cave one...that's freaky flip s**t.

Apparently, it's the giant centipede. But they are still scary as fook. Pics and vids in the spoiler. Beware if you have a fear of them.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Luckily, they only seem to live in asian rainforests, so I never have to worry about them. Still...no ******** thank you.
I'm sorry, I don't like bugs at all. They creep me out.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
xXFurygeistXx
Reiko Iwamaru

Apparently, it's the giant centipede. But they are still scary as fook. Pics and vids in the spoiler. Beware if you have a fear of them.

Luckily, they only seem to live in asian rainforests, so I never have to worry about them. Still...no ******** thank you.

I stopped after watching the first. They made me freak out and my skin feel all crawly....XD

I am so glad they are (x) amount of miles away from us both.

Dedicated Lunatic

Moths and Butterflies. They are so pretty to look at. emotion_kirakira
i hate all bugs and insects!

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Added in so bug fearers and dislikers aren't excluded! biggrin animals anybody? (check first post)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff