Downright terrible... 0.2 20.0% [ 14 ]
Nothing special. 0.41428571428571 41.4% [ 29 ]
I had fun. 0.31428571428571 31.4% [ 22 ]
IT WAS TOTALLY RAD LIKE ,AFJMG 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 70 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Familiar Friend

kakteed
Mr. Zlock, journalism teacher biggrin No particular stories, but he let me change all of the MacLab computer backgrounds to LOLcats and call him Zlockehmaguff. He also let me cry in his classroom after I got into a fight with a friend of mine and only approached me after class to ask what was wrong (as opposed to bringing attention to my head on the desk by making me go out with him into the hallway and trying to reassure me before telling me to calm down before I came back to class.) He's why I almost became a communications major heart

I'd have to say my earth science teacher my freshman year, Mr. Howe. He was really, really freaking creepy in general, voice-face-hair combo, and seriously had no respect for physical boundaries. We were all pretty sure he was a ***** because he would make the girls lean forward when we asked him questions at his desk, and there was a rumor going around that someone's older sister had to lift her shirt so that he'd give her an A. emotion_0A0

Your journalism teacher sounds really awesome. :3
And we've all had that creepy ***** teacher before.

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Satoria_bella
my favorite was my senior year economics teacher Mr. Shimanek he was totally awesome he would forget what he was doing and if hi football team won we would have a party lo.l My least favorite would have to be my English teacher from the same year she was just rude as crap and I couldn't stand her I did a college essay and she told me that I was wrong and gave the star football player an A and his essay was that of a total and complete idiot....

After reading this post, it's understandable why she said you were wrong.

Best teacher:
College professor named Dr. Thomas. She was just plain awesome. She was the definition of what would be a highly effective teacher. She not only taught us math, but helped us in skills we lacked. For example, this one guy would always have a problem getting to class on time. So, she set part of her grade for him in the class to being to getting to class on time. B/c of that, he was pretty good at getting to class on time.

She also wouldn't move forward in the material unless it seemed a majority understood it. Quality>Quantity. Sadly, high school teachers can't get away with that. The supervisors say quality is more important, but want all the material covered neutral

Additionally.....she was pretty good looking sweatdrop Sadly, already married and such, but a guy can dream!

Worst teacher:
Physics 1 professor in college. He was a nice guy, but he just wasn't a good teacher. That was 1 of 2 classes I ever got a D in. I was so lost and nothing seemed to make sense for whatever reason. Whatever he said just never stuck. I retook the class next semester and got an A with another professor. I then got a D in Physics 2 but that class was, admittedly, much harder. It wasn't the professors fault. I just couldn't grasp the material. I retook it over the summer and got an A with another professor. The summer classes can't get into the detail of the normal semester classes, and those detailed problems were what killed me. I had the basics down pat.

I can also say that I was one of the incredibly few students taking Physics 1 and 2 simultaneously <_<

Familiar Friend

inviso87

I hate when teachers are attractive; it's so hard to focus! xD

Fashionable Heckler

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't really have a favorite teacher yet, sadly, and I'm in my first year of high school.

I can however, recall a really bad teacher. In 5th grade, her name was Mrs. LeBlanc. She was an a*****e of an old lady, I'd turn in my math papers completely finished and she'd make me re-do them because she claimed she never got them. (Lol, I think she lost them).

Oh, and in 7th grade, yeah I had the creepy ***** teacher. I was helping in the Special Education classroom, and one of the teachers was a real piece of work. He was an old man, and he'd constantly tell me how beautiful and smart I was. One day, he just disappeared and never came back though. It was a day after I didn't respond to one of his compliments because I was creeped out as hell.

He often took bathroom breaks and had me watch the kid he was mentoring, whom I was actually worried about because he had his diapers changed by his mentor. Some of the other teachers where talking about how he'd flirt with the other female teachers on break.

Diamond Bear

my community college english professor is seriously one of my favorite people ever. he was cool and approachable but not a pushover and expected the best from his students. He was into class discussions and he was just a really intelligent guy.

my least favorite teacher was my 7th grade english teacher. she was a huge b***h and hated me because i wouldn't suck up to her like some of the other kids in my class. my mom wanted the principal to fire her a** but he was a p***y and never did.

I also disliked my high school art teacher. she gossiped about students TO OTHER STUDENTS, painted student's works and then claimed they painted it, and would take her "happy pills" during class and just laze around. she's a bitter husk of a woman who never learned the meaning of love or encouragement.

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mrs Quark
inviso87

I hate when teachers are attractive; it's so hard to focus! xD

LOL, right? I can't help but watch them and hear them than pay attention to what they're writing on the board or actually saying xd There was one I even asked out but, sadly, was rejected ;x
high school so far is a drag.

my favorite teacher was ms. hunter in 1st grade.
she was badass. I was like, her favorite student.

but my least favorite teacher was mr. mead. my science teacher for 6th-7th grade.
he was the reason why I failed science for both of those years. he was a pushover and I never really appreciated him anyhow. when I got in 8th grade, I knew it was his fault I failed those years because I passed with an A each quarter that year! like, ******** plz. dont discriminate. talk2hand

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
I forgot to mention another teacher who has a pretty bad reputation. She didn't actually teach me, but I've heard so many bad things about her that I just thought I'd bring it up. She teaches the regular world history class now, but when she was teaching geography at some point in time, she didn't know basic geographic information that she should know as a teacher, such as the location of the Himalayas or what a canoe was. D:

But yea, I have not heard a single positive comment from anyone who has taken her class, ever. Two classes have already petitioned to get her fired, but all it's done was demote her so that she's now unable to teach AP classes. Apparently she's also really strict, because one of my friends who is taking her class right now said that she did a little extra work on a project. The assignment said to put all the locations on one small-a** map, and she couldn't fit them on that map. So she used six different maps. Said teacher made her start over. neutral

I also heard that one time, a bunch of guys a couple years ago actually gave her sperm-filled cupcakes because they hated her so much. lol

Fanatical Prophet

I legitimately just spent at least an hour typing out a really, really, really long reply to this thread and then someone got on my computer and closed the window while I was off in the kitchen.
emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200
Favorite teacher:

Ms. Grabowski: 2nd-3rd grade.
She was really nice. No real problems. Once she was going to give me a detention for not doing homework (in later years, I found out you couldn't do that anyways...) but she instead talked with me after class about why I wasn't doing it, and if I would try harder. She then gave me a second chance, ripped up the detention, and I did great for the rest of the grades I had her. She even gave me the latest Harry Potter book (latest at the time, which was Order of the Phoenix) as a gift when the year ended, because she knew I liked Harry Potter at the time.

Least Favorite:
I'm going to have to think carefully about this one. I've had so many bad teachers I don't even know who this award should go to. Hmm...oh, I know! Mr. Hungerford, junior year, theatre. While I will admit, his treatment of me wasn't as bad as other teachers, he gets the award simply because I know for a FACT, unlike any other teacher I ever had, he intentionally made my grade lower than what it should be, and that's the lowest of the low. I had a C going into finals, and for the FINAL project, the last thing to be entered into the gradebook, I got a B, I saw it for myself when he handed them back. So my grade should be somewhere between a C and a B right? WRONG. That man made my grade a D out of some sort of spite for I don't even know what. Seriously, I will never understand his immaturity. I should've spoken up about it more to get it fixed, though. Big mistake just letting it happen on my part.

Profitable Prophet

The worst teacher I ever had was this blond b***h in high school who wanted to be "the cool teacher" and tried to be buddy-buddy with the students.

She had favorites in the class and would give them higher marks. She even made her 'favorites' add her on facebook. I heard the kids talking about how they blocked her soon after.

The worst was when she was having a Christmas party (she always told us boring details of her life) and she asked girls in the class to be waitresses. Some of them did it too! emotion_facepalm

Rainbow Smoker

My favorite highschool teacher was my 12th grade English teacher. He looked like an adorable little Amish man (but he wasn't), he was vegan and he shared my love of cats. When his cat died that year he would show up to class so sad and defeated looking. He also took care of all the stray cats in the neighborhood, feeding them and building them little shelters in his yard. He was always really against "sentimental" types of writing and taught us to be too, but he said when the vet sent him The Rainbow Bridge poem in the mail after his cat died he was crying when he read it even though he knew how contrived and horrible it was. Loved that man.

Favorite college teacher would be my old Chem teacher. He looked like a chubby little Asian Santa. He would give me extra time on the tests, because he could see that I was trying and legitimately cared about learning the stuff and doing good. He'd make fun of me and my lab partner when we would mess up our experiments by over-analyzing the instructions, and he always liked the weird little necklaces and s**t that I'd wear.

I doubt anyone will be interested enough to read that but it was nice going down memory lane typing it up. whee

My least favorite... I've already talked about him on Gaia, and really don't feel like dredging that s**t up again. Maybe he's in hell now...

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
My favorite was my 9th grade English teacher. He is the first perosn to really think I could do well as a writer

My least favorite is probably my 7th grade coach, Coach Wooden. I always hate coaches, but he was an a*****e

Quotable Hunter

My favorite teacher was my 8th grade computer teacher. I forgot her name, but she was perhaps the nicest teacher to me that I've ever had, next to my anthropology teacher in college. I never really got a chance to be in her class as she was always absent for one reason or another, which didn't seem to please many of the other kids in class, but when she was around, she showed favoritism to me and it made me smile.

My least favorite teacher, which "least favorite" isn't the right phrase for it, she's more like my "most hated" teacher I've ever had, was my 4th grade teacher. I still to this day continue to think about that awful period during my life when I had to take this bitches class. The funny part is that she wasn't very strict as a teacher at all, a trait that would put anyone in my least favorite list, but she was such of soft b***h that the kids could get away with pretty much doing nothing in class and at home. I use to sit in the back of the class and just draw instead of listen to her classes and I wouldn't even do her homework as she would never ask for it. Not even her colleagues thought that she was a good teacher (according to my mother) and she was partly responsible for me to demand to be transferred to another school.

I still wish nothing but the worst for this b***h and by now she's probably already dead, but I hope she suffered a slow and horrible death. It's cases like hers that makes me wish there was an afterlife so that she could spend the rest of her days comfortably in a pool of lava down in hell.
inviso87
Satoria_bella
my favorite was my senior year economics teacher Mr. Shimanek he was totally awesome he would forget what he was doing and if hi football team won we would have a party lo.l My least favorite would have to be my English teacher from the same year she was just rude as crap and I couldn't stand her I did a college essay and she told me that I was wrong and gave the star football player an A and his essay was that of a total and complete idiot....

After reading this post, it's understandable why she said you were wrong.

Best teacher:
College professor named Dr. Thomas. She was just plain awesome. She was the definition of what would be a highly effective teacher. She not only taught us math, but helped us in skills we lacked. For example, this one guy would always have a problem getting to class on time. So, she set part of her grade for him in the class to being to getting to class on time. B/c of that, he was pretty good at getting to class on time.

She also wouldn't move forward in the material unless it seemed a majority understood it. Quality>Quantity. Sadly, high school teachers can't get away with that. The supervisors say quality is more important, but want all the material covered neutral

Additionally.....she was pretty good looking sweatdrop Sadly, already married and such, but a guy can dream!

Worst teacher:
Physics 1 professor in college. He was a nice guy, but he just wasn't a good teacher. That was 1 of 2 classes I ever got a D in. I was so lost and nothing seemed to make sense for whatever reason. Whatever he said just never stuck. I retook the class next semester and got an A with another professor. I then got a D in Physics 2 but that class was, admittedly, much harder. It wasn't the professors fault. I just couldn't grasp the material. I retook it over the summer and got an A with another professor. The summer classes can't get into the detail of the normal semester classes, and those detailed problems were what killed me. I had the basics down pat.

I can also say that I was one of the incredibly few students taking Physics 1 and 2 simultaneously <_<

If you want to be peremptory then go right head, but it will not get you far in life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff