Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chieftain Twilight
Petrosoap
Chieftain Twilight
finally registered for a class again, for Fall Semester. I haven't had classes in a full year. I'm retaking Statistics.
yay!

i redid stats too. i think a lot of people do. you can do it!!
i did well by forcing myself to do all the questions at the end of every chapter.
highly recommend that. it sucks a lot but at least you'll be done with that course by the end of the semester.

thanks. smile yeah, it wasn't the math that stumped me. I'm terrible with computers and computer technology, so I had a s**t ton of difficulties figuring out the statistics program we were using in class. combine that with the fact that I had 3 other classes, and I am terrible at time-management, I just couldn't keep up. most of the reason I failed was because I turned in work too late, or didn't complete assignments. it was frustrating and I felt pretty helpless.
ahh i see.
SPSS?

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Petrosoap
Chieftain Twilight
Petrosoap
Chieftain Twilight
finally registered for a class again, for Fall Semester. I haven't had classes in a full year. I'm retaking Statistics.
yay!

i redid stats too. i think a lot of people do. you can do it!!
i did well by forcing myself to do all the questions at the end of every chapter.
highly recommend that. it sucks a lot but at least you'll be done with that course by the end of the semester.

thanks. smile yeah, it wasn't the math that stumped me. I'm terrible with computers and computer technology, so I had a s**t ton of difficulties figuring out the statistics program we were using in class. combine that with the fact that I had 3 other classes, and I am terrible at time-management, I just couldn't keep up. most of the reason I failed was because I turned in work too late, or didn't complete assignments. it was frustrating and I felt pretty helpless.
ahh i see.
SPSS?

what's SPSS?

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image I'm supposed to be going back in September, but now I might have to hold off
- Are you going to be in school in September? What classes are you taking (if you know already)?
Yes, I'm taking two Psychology courses - Social-Personality Development and Cognitive Development - Contemporary Sociological Theory, and in August I need to pick an additional course or two. Probably more Psychology.

- What are you looking forward to?
That first Psych course, I guess. The prerequisite was easy, so hopefully this one will also be easy.

- Are you dreading any particular class?
Soc. It'll be mostly reading boring s**t and writing essays. I strongly dislike having to write essays, and if it wasn't a required course for my major, I would not be taking it.

- What career would you like to have?
Cashier, or any other mindless job that I don't have to think about when I get home.

- Do you have a degree or diploma and are you using at the moment? If not, do you plan to use it or have you changed career paths?
No. This will be my last year of my Sociology BA.

- If you're not going to school in Sept, what are you going to do? Any plans for more education?
If I get a job before I have to give in my deposit for the fall semester, I'm quitting school, and the likelihood of me ever stepping foot into a school again is very low.
Are you going to be in school in September? What classes are you taking (if you know already)?
Yes I am! I'm taking two math classes (Differential Equations and several variable calculus), I'm taking an engineering dynamics class, I'm taking an engineering drawing class, and I'm taking a computer science class.
What are you looking forward to?
Computer science and engineering drawing I'm excited for.
Are you dreading any particular class?
I'm scared of the engineering dynamics class because I took a statics class before and I thought for sure I would fail. I got a C+ but that was partially due to luck. I have a different prof this year though, so hopefully he is better.
What career would you like to have? I'm going to be a mechanical engineering but I'm not really sure what field I'll be working in. I'm pretty interested in robotics right now.
Do you have a degree or diploma and are you using at the moment? If not, do you plan to use it or have you changed career paths?
I still have four years to go in my five year program, but I'm supposed to be doing a co-op in January.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I'm going to be entering my 5th year at university this October (the University of California system has recently made it so that Fall Quarter/Semester starts October 2 instead of the usual September 22 to comply with some Jewish holiday). I would have graduated the end of my 4th year in June, but I'm staying an extra year because I decided to take on a second major on top of my first. Not to mention, there are still classes I need to take to fulfill graduation requirements that I haven't taken yet. I'm going to be taking Japanese 111 (advanced Japanese), Asian American History, and Daoist Traditions. My current major is East Asian Studies, btw, and second major is Japanese.

I'm not particularly dreading any class, but I do dread essays that I might have to write. I'm not very good at writing lengthy essays since I'm not a wordy person to begin with, and I suck at organizing my writing.

Hilarious Swapper

I received my BA in the spring and I'm a toddler teacher currently. I'm thinking about grad school, but will probably take this year off and go back on an online program or at night

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

I actually took a year and a half of a child and youth program before it dawned on me that while I want my own children, I don't like other people's children and didn't want to spend the rest of my life spending all day every day with them. So I dropped out and still haven't decided what I do want to go to school for.
I didn't really dread any classes although I hated the big projects. I could handle essays. I liked essays. The big projects and exams however, I did not like.

We're thinking once we have our kids and they're in school I'll go back to school for office administration. It gives me time to decide what I want to do, and it will all be fresh when I actually do go back into the workforce for good.

User Image
Chieftain Twilight
what's SPSS?
heh, guess not!
it's a stats program.
Moogle Voodoo
User Image I'm supposed to be going back in September, but now I might have to hold off
oh no!
financial reasons?
Riimmy
          I received my BA in the spring and I'm a toddler teacher currently. I'm thinking about grad school, but will probably take this year off and go back on an online program or at night
awesome!! it's good to gain some experience before grad school anyhow. :]
AngelBiscuits
I actually took a year and a half of a child and youth program before it dawned on me that while I want my own children, I don't like other people's children and didn't want to spend the rest of my life spending all day every day with them. So I dropped out and still haven't decided what I do want to go to school for.
interesting. i'm not 100% sure that it's what i want to do either (although i am more interested in working with youth than with kids.. i think i'm the kind of person who'd do well working in a group home, for example), but it's a pretty short program so if nothing else, i'll get some good fodder for applying to grad school.

AngelBiscuits
I didn't really dread any classes although I hated the big projects. I could handle essays. I liked essays. The big projects and exams however, I did not like.
feel ya there. especially with the giant group projects. there's nothing worse than having to rely on other people for part of your grade.

AngelBiscuits
We're thinking once we have our kids and they're in school I'll go back to school for office administration. It gives me time to decide what I want to do, and it will all be fresh when I actually do go back into the workforce for good.
sounds like a good plan :]

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Petrosoap
Chieftain Twilight
what's SPSS?
heh, guess not!
it's a stats program.

my confidence that I can figure this out this time just shot way down.... ._.
My classes for next year will look like this:

Math classes, math classes, math classes lol with perhaps with a few statistics/probability courses and physics courses as well.

I'm actually not dreading any classes I'll be taking this year, I'm looking forward to all of them. Although I admit I find myself enjoying my math classes more than my physics classes, making me wonder if I should change to a math major.

The two main classes I am really looking forward to that I'll be taking next year is Mathematical Logic and Real Analysis.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff