Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, have you ever heard of going through someone's wallet and finding out alot about them from that tiny piece of their life? Or their iPod/Personal music device maybe? If you haven't, you just have! =D! Anyway, I think another way is by seeing their home <i>desk</i>.

Yes. Their home/office desk.

It's something more private, you can't really see it unless you go to their house/work, obviously. So in that respect, I think it makes it even more suceptible to our creativity.

My desk is actually attached to my bed, so I basically can lie down on my bed and use the surface and stuff...it's pretty neat, my dad built it a few years ago...
Anyways, it has 6 cubby holes attached as well. I use them to keep my video game/DVD player console in, as well as my books and USB devices that I use for my computer. The bottom 3 cubbies I use for my laptop, stereo, and lamp/pencil cup. And then I wired my TV and speakers and subwoofer throughout my bed and desk area, can you say surround sound? blaugh

So let's talk about our desks! What's on your desk that's unique? Pictures? Funny notes to self? Weird knick knacks? Post pictures! But please, do not stretch the page, link the pics if you don't feel like resizing. n.n

Or give brief descriptions I guess, desks are fun~! Or if you want to describe something like your room or wallet that would be able to tell alot about your personality and lifestyle, then go ahead!

Traces of ourselves are left behind in everything we do. Everything we love and create is defined by the fact that we put a piece of ourselves and our hearts into it. <3

(Note: I do hope this is in the right forum, it seemed pretty lifestyle-y to me. I figured it'd be lost in the chaos of the GD)
Artwork. It can say a lot about a person and how they handled the conflicts during their lifetime.
My desk doesn't really tell a lot about me. There are weak computer speakers, spanish/english dictionary, some disks, random junk, $12.25, a can of coke and various stuffed animals. That doesn't really tell anything about me.

My desk is a MESS.
My room is usually clean. (Except now, I'm packing, and everything is a little all over the place)
But my desk is ALWAYS a disaster. I couldn't possibly list all the things on it.

I'd take a picture, but my camera eats batteries like crazy.
I've got A.D.D and Magic markers

My desk has Mountain Dew cans.
Well it did.
I had to clean off my desk today because I was moving furniture.
Anywho.
I have cans, books, games, and electronics.
Obviously, I'm a nerd.

Oh the thrills I will have.
my desk has some stuffed animals, my huge, old stereo thing, some novels and textbooks, mostly schoolwork, pencils, etc.

yeah, doesn't really say much about me.
Yes yes yes. I agree, artwork definitely tells alot about a person...I know mine does...most of my stuff is chibi-ish, or always comes out looking sickeningly cute...proving that I can be uber girly sometimes.

Anyway, here's some shots of my desk currently. >.<

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My main area for work. My pencil/tool cup, a sippy cup (Inside joke with a friend...it has a weird looking starfish on it that we named "Patricia" which is Patrick the Starfish's other half ((a character from Spongebob Squarepants)) which is a cross dresser version of him.), my purple hippo coin bank (because I hate loose change), my tablet, speakers, my card reader...etc.
My cell on it's charger and the house phone. I'm the only one that answers it >.o;;;
My laptop, on it's leopard pad that I made for it. <3 It's all plugged into my usb hub and speakers and whatnot.
And finally, my PS2/DVD player, my iHome which I only really use as a clock >.<; and various DVD's, among them Rent! <3 Also a few duckie pirates hanging out on my 250gb external HD and a picture of my dad and I when I was a baby. n.n

Just my main cubbies. >.< Uber cluttered I know. But yeah, looking at this I would say Im definetely a girly girl...an odd one at that, and a hugeeee nerd. I'm big on technology. ><

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
My Desk:

User Image

I think my room in general shows more about me than my desk really...
My desk is overloaded with a million things. It's kind of overwhelming. stressed Desktop computer, laptop, scanner, printer, graphic tablet, cds, various papers and notebooks, lava lamp, 2 pencil holder things, photographs, candles, art supplies, tape, vitamin bottles, Coke bottle caps, quarter machine toys, batteries, usb cords, a couple Beanie babies...
oOllamaOo
My Desk:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/llama_chik/IMG_0001.jpg

I can see you're very artistic though!! n_n
t0xik
My desk is overloaded with a million things. It's kind of overwhelming. stressed Desktop computer, laptop, scanner, printer, graphic tablet, cds, various papers and notebooks, lava lamp, 2 pencil holder things, photographs, candles, art supplies, tape, vitamin bottles, Coke bottle caps, quarter machine toys, batteries, usb cords, a couple Beanie babies...

Haha, sounds like me a year ago. ><; It is quite overwhelming. ._.
I doodle on a lot of random pieces of paper.
My desk.
This is my desk.
I'm the only one who's aloud to use it.
On it,
I have a full bag of popcorn.
(I didn't feel like eating after I cooked it)
A bowl with all my change,
An empty cereal bowl,
A school notebook,
Entertainment Magazine,
Two candles,
A lighter,
A bottle of windex,
A Wendy's cup,
Every Green Day Album,
(Excluding 1000 Slappy Hours. =( )
Girl scout cookies,
My computer,
A lamp,
And a World of Warcraft box.

Don't know what it says about me,
Other than I'm messy...
Oh well.
my desk is a cheap secondhand store laminated pliywood pice of crap, that i have panted on and carved up somanytimes i forgot its origanal color, it is covered in art supplys and right now a lightbox.

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
`L a d y
oOllamaOo
My Desk:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/llama_chik/IMG_0001.jpg

I can see you're very artistic though!! n_n

Haha, I guess so?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas