Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Prophet

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Sometimes I wish my significant other would give me some extra attention like I give her. We fight over things that I have triggered because of my lack of her attention. I'm not trying to be greedy with her, I just want to feel secure. At this point in time, I do not feel like calling this person my girlfriend, but what should I do?? I'm really scared..
Really and truly, this is something that can only be solved with open communication. If your emotional needs aren't quite being met, then tell her as much. Let her know that there's a problem. If she cannot or will not take the time to address this with you, then I suppose your next move is to go from there - Decide if this is something that you're willing to compromise, or if the relationship is no longer worthwhile. Honestly, unless she's made aware that this is as important to you as it is, there's really no chance of it being resolved. Only you and her have the answers to this one.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
You pick fights because you're insecure? And you know that's what you're doing, but you still do it?

That's kind of a shitty thing to do.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
deadmau5 7r
Sometimes I wish my significant other would give me some extra attention like I give her. We fight over things that I have triggered because of my lack of her attention. I'm not trying to be greedy with her, I just want to feel secure. At this point in time, I do not feel like calling this person my girlfriend, but what should I do?? I'm really scared..
How long have you guys been dating? What sort of "extra attention"? Like first responded, you should communicate.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

There's always a why to these situations. By that I mean, an underlying issue. It's important you know what makes you feel this way, as well as why you feel this way.
Ask yourself, is it really the lack of attention or is it something else?

You can't have a healthy relationship trying to make someone love you in the way you want. Think about it. I mean, really be honest with yourself. Once you have it straight in your head, have an honest and open discussion with her. Express your feelings, while at the same time, be open to understanding hers. There will be one of two outcomes. Either you'll feel better and ready to move on with her, or you'll realize you are simply not compatible and move on by yourself.

Honesty and complete understanding is the only way to go.

Original Regular

My current GF of hella years is the most perfectly imperfect person I've ever met. We're like, identical except she has a v****a and I have a p***s. We're best ******** friends and we love the same s**t and she's just as faithful and greedy about affection as I am and it's the ******** bomb. She's actually attractive too so it's pretty god damn win-win for me.

Granted she needs space every once in a while but all people do, it's human nature. If you see one another 24/7 you'll get ******** tiiiiired of the other person's s**t, even in my example of being identical attitude wise. People need some time to themselves to decompress sometimes, namean?

I love that b***h though, and I love making her laugh and smile because that makes me smile and otherwise I never smile because otherwise I hate my ******** life. She's all I got.

Familiar Friend

Brother Kam
My current GF of hella years is the most perfectly imperfect person I've ever met. We're like, identical except she has a v****a and I have a p***s. We're best ******** friends and we love the same s**t and she's just as faithful and greedy about affection as I am and it's the ******** bomb. She's actually attractive too so it's pretty god damn win-win for me.

Granted she needs space every once in a while but all people do, it's human nature. If you see one another 24/7 you'll get ******** tiiiiired of the other person's s**t, even in my example of being identical attitude wise. People need some time to themselves to decompress sometimes, namean?

I love that b***h though, and I love making her laugh and smile because that makes me smile and otherwise I never smile because otherwise I hate my ******** life. She's all I got.

This was actually super, SUPER sweet.
She's a lucky woman!

Fluffy Wolf

Haaaave you tried talking to her about it?

Original Regular

Pastelette
Brother Kam

This was actually super, SUPER sweet.
She's a lucky woman!

She put up with me being a raging heroin addict for three years while I basically stalked and beat the s**t out of people for my dealers for money, I nearly murdered several people with blunt objects or by other means for a little baggy of heroin but I didn't care. She had to watch me die twice in the hospital but by some grace of ******** some omnipotent force or the sheer skill of my doctors I pulled back through. I overdosed four more times at her house in bed with her, my face blue and purple with me not breathing while she cried on my chest and all I could do was cry enough to have tears run down my face and try to stay awake and breath. I have put her through so much in such a short amount of time that I can never undo.

I am the one who is lucky. I would die for this girl, I would kill anyone who seeks to harm her, and I would climb a mountain if it would just make her smile. She's the only reason I'm trying to stay clean and the only reason I even care if I'm alive or not. I've done things for her I wouldn't do for other people but I have no regrets. She's everything to me, she's my life.

Familiar Friend

Brother Kam

She put up with me being a raging heroin addict for three years while I basically stalked and beat the s**t out of people for my dealers for money, I nearly murdered several people with blunt objects or by other means for a little baggy of heroin but I didn't care. She had to watch me die twice in the hospital but by some grace of ******** some omnipotent force or the sheer skill of my doctors I pulled back through. I overdosed four more times at her house in bed with her, my face blue and purple with me not breathing while she cried on my chest and all I could do was cry enough to have tears run down my face and try to stay awake and breath. I have put her through so much in such a short amount of time that I can never undo.

I am the one who is lucky. I would die for this girl, I would kill anyone who seeks to harm her, and I would climb a mountain if it would just make her smile. She's the only reason I'm trying to stay clean and the only reason I even care if I'm alive or not. I've done things for her I wouldn't do for other people but I have no regrets. She's everything to me, she's my life.

I'm really happy that's how you feel about her.
But you MUST realize that she's very lucky to have someone who cares about her so much, like you.
I'd give you some credit, too. Also, for staying alive whenever you nearly died. That's a pretty intense backstory you have there, but you pulled through. How long have you been clean? (If you dont mind me asking?)

Original Regular

Pastelette
Brother Kam

I'm really happy that's how you feel about her.
But you MUST realize that she's very lucky to have someone who cares about her so much, like you.
I'd give you some credit, too. Also, for staying alive whenever you nearly died. That's a pretty intense backstory you have there, but you pulled through. How long have you been clean? (If you dont mind me asking?)

Give or take about three months. The outpatient program I'm doing is rocky at best but I'd rather die than go back to using that evil s**t again. I did things I can't talk about, s**t that gives me nightmares nearly every single night and sometimes sleeping next to her and holding her in my arms is the only thing that lets me get any restful sleep. I don't like being codependent on someone but she's just as much attached to me as I am her.

For a long time I just locked myself away from the world and suffered withdrawals from a 200$ a day habit of the purest s**t you can get in this state and I thought I was going to die. I was puking up blood for so long and shitting it out. I couldn't even breathe without it hurting for weeks, then I got into a program and it made a big difference.

It was hell, but it was something I had to do. Looking back the only regrets I have are the things that hurt her. I regret hurting her heart like that and making her cry but never again.

Last night we went for a walk down town and went to the candy store and I was acting super awkward and making strangers laugh and making her blush and oh my god she was sooo bright red, it was adorable! We went and got some chili cheese fries and talked about what kind of house we're going to get when we get rich. We walked to a parking garage on the top at sunset and watched the sun go down, then we threw jolly ranchers down onto the freeway and took bets on which ones would get run over first!

We had so much fun, she has such a beautiful smile. I never smile anymore unless I'm around her. I kept making corny jokes and making her laugh until she was laying on the ground laughing and to top it off we cuddled on the top of the parking garage listening for the crunching sound to hear if any of the jolly ranchers get ran over. It was great.

If there is a god or something out there, if there's only one thing in my life I'm thankful for it's her.

Familiar Friend

Brother Kam

Give or take about three months. The outpatient program I'm doing is rocky at best but I'd rather die than go back to using that evil s**t again. I did things I can't talk about, s**t that gives me nightmares nearly every single night and sometimes sleeping next to her and holding her in my arms is the only thing that lets me get any restful sleep. I don't like being codependent on someone but she's just as much attached to me as I am her.

For a long time I just locked myself away from the world and suffered withdrawals from a 200$ a day habit of the purest s**t you can get in this state and I thought I was going to die. I was puking up blood for so long and shitting it out. I couldn't even breathe without it hurting for weeks, then I got into a program and it made a big difference.

It was hell, but it was something I had to do. Looking back the only regrets I have are the things that hurt her. I regret hurting her heart like that and making her cry but never again.

Last night we went for a walk down town and went to the candy store and I was acting super awkward and making strangers laugh and making her blush and oh my god she was sooo bright red, it was adorable! We went and got some chili cheese fries and talked about what kind of house we're going to get when we get rich. We walked to a parking garage on the top at sunset and watched the sun go down, then we threw jolly ranchers down onto the freeway and took bets on which ones would get run over first!

We had so much fun, she has such a beautiful smile. I never smile anymore unless I'm around her. I kept making corny jokes and making her laugh until she was laying on the ground laughing and to top it off we cuddled on the top of the parking garage listening for the crunching sound to hear if any of the jolly ranchers get ran over. It was great.

If there is a god or something out there, if there's only one thing in my life I'm thankful for it's her.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I wish more people loved others like you do. The world would be a much happier place. Thank you for giving humanity hope dude!!

I'm glad you got rid of that horrible ******** of a drug. I've never been into that stuff in general, but it looks like that s**t just rots your entire body and soul. I'm glad you're still here with all of us lousy humans.

I always love cute dates like that! Whenever I met my boyfriend for the first time we spent all day running around Charleston, SC holding hands and giggling and being super embarrassed because we'd just met, and we kissed and cuddled and made stupid jokes. We got ice cream and he gave me a promise ring. FIRST DAY! My only boyfriend eva. Crazy, but I don't regret it at all. We are still really good friends, and I'm excited for whats going to happen in the future... I hope you are too. She sounds like a wonderful gal to. How'd you meet her?

Original Regular

Pastelette
Brother Kam

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I wish more people loved others like you do. The world would be a much happier place. Thank you for giving humanity hope dude!!

I'm glad you got rid of that horrible ******** of a drug. I've never been into that stuff in general, but it looks like that s**t just rots your entire body and soul. I'm glad you're still here with all of us lousy humans.

I always love cute dates like that! Whenever I met my boyfriend for the first time we spent all day running around Charleston, SC holding hands and giggling and being super embarrassed because we'd just met, and we kissed and cuddled and made stupid jokes. We got ice cream and he gave me a promise ring. FIRST DAY! My only boyfriend eva. Crazy, but I don't regret it at all. We are still really good friends, and I'm excited for whats going to happen in the future... I hope you are too. She sounds like a wonderful gal to. How'd you meet her?

She was nose deep into a book and ignored the s**t out of me the first time we met, hehe. I kept coming around and eventually she noticed that I was in really good shape and she started to flirt with me. We basically disappeared out of each other's lives for about four years at that point until I found out she lived two houses up from my dad. Every day she'd be walking home from the bus and I'd say, "God damn that girl is hot." and eventually one day I grew the balls and walked up to her and asked her on a date. The rest is awkward, giggly, cuddly, drug addled history.

One of my favorite things to do is give her back rubs and foot rubs, she always has a sore back from having big boobs and sore feet because she works her a** off and I love making her feel better and making her feel like she's the important one. My baby.

Consumer

deadmau5 7r

dude, try talking with her.

and golden rule applies to relationships as well as life. behave towards her as you would want her to behave towards you. would you find someone who gets insecure and pick fights with you attractive? nah. so dont do that to her.

if you do this and she's still not interested, move on. if you keep clinging on, you're wasting her time and yours, and that's not fair to either of you.

Familiar Friend

Brother Kam

She was nose deep into a book and ignored the s**t out of me the first time we met, hehe. I kept coming around and eventually she noticed that I was in really good shape and she started to flirt with me. We basically disappeared out of each other's lives for about four years at that point until I found out she lived two houses up from my dad. Every day she'd be walking home from the bus and I'd say, "God damn that girl is hot." and eventually one day I grew the balls and walked up to her and asked her on a date. The rest is awkward, giggly, cuddly, drug addled history.

One of my favorite things to do is give her back rubs and foot rubs, she always has a sore back from having big boobs and sore feet because she works her a** off and I love making her feel better and making her feel like she's the important one. My baby.

That sounds utterly adorable.
Wow, its weird how she lived right next to your dad. The universe bends in mysterious ways!
That's so happy and it has made my day. ^^
emotion_bigheart
Do you want to marry her or is that not your thing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff