Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Vampire

11,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200

Bashful Businesswoman

I feel kinda sorry for the daughter now.

And from the article, it sounds like the mom only realised and cared about the racism problem when she suddenly had a mixed baby. It seems like she would of had no problem and wouldn't mind raising a white baby in a racist environment, and only seems to care now because she's personally involved.
I dunno, I just got a big "ohio is such a great place!! It may be totts racist but like who cares I'm white lolol." vibe.

Invisible Humorist

This Is NoMercy
I feel kinda sorry for the daughter now.

And from the article, it sounds like the mom only realised and cared about the racism problem when she suddenly had a mixed baby. It seems like she would of had no problem and wouldn't mind raising a white baby in a racist environment, and only seems to care now because she's personally involved.
I dunno, I just got a big "ohio is such a great place!! It may be totts racist but like who cares I'm white lolol." vibe.

weird during her interview on CNN she actually kept saying that the city she lives in wasn't racist but she doesn't feel comfortable raising a black kid in a predominant white city

Dabbler

I wonder how much of that is the lady and how much is the lawyer, though. They're trying to squeeze every drop of cash they can out of this (the sperm bank already returned what the couple paid in the first place), so they have to emphasize every point of damage they can. But I think it would have been better if it hadn't gone so public, for the kid, since now people are going to recognize her mom and she'll get s**t for it too. confused

Quotable Prophet

Star

O HEAV'N FORBID.

******** hell...lady needs to get over her whiteness. People are people. Racists are stupid.

Take care of your child. Who gives a ********]

Demonic Ally

Blackrose_Knight
Bitches be cray? Someone misread and 8 or a 3, or some s**t and the poor white (supremacist) lady got knocked up with a black dudes sperm.

I laughed for a good solid 3min.

Also, this will be a Lifetime or Hallmark movie.
I'm pretty sure going to get knocked up with a white baby doesn't make you a white supremacist m8
Honestly, I'd be pretty pissed too if I asked for X sperm and paid for it and instead got Y sperm. She should still keep the baby and raise it well, but it's not exactly racist to get mad about something like this if she asked for and paid for something completely different (didn't read the article, and I don't plan to, just fyi).

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
The racism of it sucks, but I kind of understand being mad about getting the wrong sperm. I mean, part of that is about being able to pick genetic traits and predispositions, you know? If I picked a great sperm with a great medical history, and ended up with a sperm with shitty genetics, if be mad, too.

Magical Tree

sad. sad this little girl has a coward for a mom.

Lavish Loiterer

GhostlyMark
i'm browsing the web and my step dad is watching CNN. I just heard that a white lady is suing the sperm bank for giving her sperm of an African American man. Her bi-racial daughter is already facing racism in her white city. They're gonna interview her.

Here's an article thanks to people below

I heard about that s**t on the news the other day. God damn that's just sad.

Dangerous Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
I saw this a couple days ago and all I could think was "Damn I feel sorry for that baby. :/"
Poor baby will grow up and think and feel that she will be the source of her mothers' stress all because her mother is a lousy coward.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I Am The Architect
Blackrose_Knight
Bitches be cray? Someone misread and 8 or a 3, or some s**t and the poor white (supremacist) lady got knocked up with a black dudes sperm.

I laughed for a good solid 3min.

Also, this will be a Lifetime or Hallmark movie.

There is nothing in OP claiming she is racist. Until we get an interview and see what she says we can't make that claim.

However this is one of the reasons I will never use a sperm bank. In a way she is lucky she got black sperm, simply because she was able to identify the mistake made.

Understand that going to a sperm bank isn't simply going in, sitting in a chair with leg holders, and then having them pump you with whatever sperm they feel like. You're able to choose your sperm by race, IQ, education and career accomplishments, amongst other factors. Some places go as far as to run tests on the DNA of the donors so that you can pick someone with the least genetic problems.

So if I went and bought the sperm of a 40 year old Korean MD with an IQ of 150, and ended up with the sperm of a black man who holds a bachelors degree in math, and iq of 130, and genetic predisposition for color blindness, I'd be upset.

But here's the thing, if she had gotten a white baby, she'd never know. They could have given her the wrong sperm, and so long as the baby came out white, she'd probably never consider otherwise. In fact, we have no idea how much this happens.

It is her right to have what she paid for, and she paid for someone's sperm, who apparently was white. She obviously did not get that sperm, and therefor has a right to demand compensation.

Thing is she doesn't have to keep the baby, most states have safehaven laws which allow women to abandon infants anonymously at various places. She literally doesn't have to keep it or have any responsibility for it.

No seriously, the women's complaints, YUP her parents are lesbians who don't feel like standing up against racism the same way they had to stand up for their relationship (apparently being gay IS easier than being black) and they're complaining that they have to raise a black girl in a white neighborhood, and that they have to travel to a black neighborhood in order to get the girl's hair done. SHE'S THREE and they're already relaxing her hair. I can't stand any parent who cares so much about appearance that they'd put corrosive chemicals onto a baby's head.
She should have sued the place after she gave birth.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
While I understand the whole "not getting what you payed for" we're talking about a PERSON, HUMAN!! I thought slavery was out lawed except in random fast food chains? When else can a person BUY another human being? It isn't like buying a car or dress. If the mother wanted to be a mother and was actually wanting to be a good mother and put her child first then she would be HAPPY to have a child and work around the issues caused by someone else's mistakes. I mean, let's say the child WAS born white and correct race but was also born with a severe birth defect? Would she be suing as she payed for a healthy newborn and got a "broken one?" Maybe she needs to take this as a learning experience...if believing that it's too much to learn about African Americans then how on earth does she think it's going to be to learn to be a parent?!? That's a life long process and MUCH more to learn than any race at all. Sorry...this got me fired up! scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff