Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Knight

12,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
No, it doesn't sound like a life to me. Though I can see a lot of women getting into that, there's a lot of stay home wifes that love to do what they're doing. Parenthood is supposedly one of the better things in life, it gives you a purpose.

Tipsy Wench

No, I don't think I could ever be like that. I don't think I could ever be a wife at all. I'm very career-oriented, my main goal in life is to succeed with my career. I can't be tied down with some husband or kids... maybe 20 years from now I'll feel different. But not enough to become all Stepford-ish.

I just take after all the women in my family: we're all independent bitches. xd
I wouldn't like it. I'd get bored just staying home all day or running mundane errands. I'd get much more satisfaction out of making the money and handling our finances and stuff. :3

I'd be open to the idea of a Stepford Wife or Husband, it just wouldn't work well with my personality, personally.
I would not like a wife like that, I would prefer a wife that could kick the crap out of me but choose not to.
Though I would expect her to be able to cook, clean and Iron.
If I can do it so should she.

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nope. I'd rather be a ninja.
One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small and the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.
There's no life on a leash if you can amount to more. But I think I'm too far liberal to even consider it, it's a fantasy to some, a nightmare to me. I don't think you need a v****a(v****a) to cook and clean and live life like a re-run everyday.
I would not like a wife like that, I would prefer a wife that could kick the crap out of me but choose not to.
Though I would expect her to be able to cook, clean and Iron.
If I can do it so should she.

EDIT...................
That being typed I would not care what the misses did as a day job I'd take on the house husband gig with honor, as long as the mises puts up with the singing.
heart I'm not sure. I didn't see this movie. They're all robots? Jeez, I dunno about that. If you want something like that, move to Japan, because they have all those robots over there. Would I want to be a robot? Maybe.. if I had cool eye-lasers. And could lift trucks. I couldn't be a wife though, I'd have to be a husband.. or domestic partner or whatever you call that. People can't marry robots anyway, can they? heart

1,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Hm. Usually, Cancerian wives would be like the stay at home mom and honestly, I wouldn't mind doing that. It would give me an excuse to wear lolita all day without feeling embarrassed as I get older. But I have goals I want to do in my life and who knows who I'll marry someday. Those two factors would lessen my chance of being a "Stepford wife".
The Stepford Wife

Britomartis-the-Valiant
Umm, I thought that was normal. . .

The stay at home wife part? Do tell. Most of the girls here don't seem to agree.

Okay, most of the married woman I know are stay-at-home moms, including my mom. It's really nice actually; I can't imagine how it would be for kids to come home from school and maybe the mom would be at a meeting late, or come home grouchy from a hard day at work. Meals would be irregular and the house a mess. I don't get how some people would want to live like that.
Sure I'll go to college and get a job and all that (most likely), but when I get married, I want to stay at home and be a wife and mother, not a part-time wife and mother and someone else's employee.

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
It freaks me out when it goes to the length of a woman making herself into less than a person, because I don't think that's healthy for anyone. It'd drive me nuts to do personally, because I get bored really easily and start fraying at the edges if I don't have a challenge or diversion to keep my mind busy. That said, I won't diss anyone who chooses to do it, and I won't deny it's a career in its own right. Knowing how to run a house, top to bottom, and manage people is harder than you'd think, especially when you're trying to raise and play referee to kids. If you can do that, my hat's off to you, and I may stop by to nick cookies from the kitchen. ninja

That said, I also say everyone should learn at least a few of the housewifely arts, because dang, any adult should be able to keep their own house. Cooking, cleaning, basic food handling/storage, doing laundry, and doing nice things for other people (even if it's only some things, and only now and then) are just good things to know. I mean, you can't go around with unwashed clothes forever, and you wouldn't want to live off fast food or takeout. A lot of guys don't bother to think about it and a lot of girls will knee-jerk reject it as being "repressed," but who are they gonna call when they burn dinner or have a floor covered in maple syrup? Yeeeah. I don't totally rock the domestic sphere-- I can't sew a button on a shirt, among other things-- but I can keep my apartment livable and myself fed, so I'm cool with that.
I like some aspects of it, but there must always be room for freedom.

And I'm not sure I want kidlets.
I don't know if this is of any help, but serving someone else does not make you any less than a person. I think it takes humility and generousness--someone who is selfish or proud would probably refuse to be a housewife.

Tipsy Wench

Britomartis-the-Valiant

Okay, most of the married woman I know are stay-at-home moms, including my mom. It's really nice actually; I can't imagine how it would be for kids to come home from school and maybe the mom would be at a meeting late, or come home grouchy from a hard day at work. Meals would be irregular and the house a mess. I don't get how some people would want to live like that.

Speaking from experience, it made me become independent. But, I also live in a family where if we spend too much time together we'll kill each other. So, some separation is required...thank god both of my parents worked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff