Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

The Dr. Pepper 10 "Not For Women" Marketing Campaign: A good idea?

Yes 0.21804511278195 21.8% [ 29 ]
No 0.60902255639098 60.9% [ 81 ]
Unsure 0.045112781954887 4.5% [ 6 ]
I don't know 0.12781954887218 12.8% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 133 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21 > >>

Greedy Receiver

It's a marketing joke. It's not entirely a diet pop, which diet pops are stereotypically the "woman" beverage for not having calories, so these ten calories are the ines "manly" enough to remain.

My husband and I knew someone was going to get pissed off at this despite it being a joke. Does no one have a sense of humor? Dr.Pepper has been manufacturing this pop for years and they're not excluding women from buying it.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Sexual Innuendo
And considering I've never even heard of Yorkie Bars

Where are you from?
Ohio.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
The Whiskey Rebellion
Sexual Innuendo
The Whiskey Rebellion
Yeah but leave it to a woman to get riled up over a soda commercial.
Leave it to a man to completely disregard a woman's opinions based on the idea that she is being "irrational" or "emotional."

No I disregarded your opinion because soda marketing is trivial.
So I can't have an opinion about any sort of advertising or marketing because it's "so trivial." Right.

Distinct Poster

Sexual Innuendo
Posties
Of all the things mentioned in that commercial you addressed the part about "Not For Women."
It's not meant to be taken literally. When "Not for women" was said, it was it was in reference to the entire scheme of the commercial. The scheme was to portray "Dr.Pepper" as a manly drink while showing many comical stereotypes of some men.

Stop trying to search through medial advertisements to find a "foible" just to prove how protrusive you are. Even if you do find a biased or sexist ad you couldn't sue.
Actually, I addressed a lot of points in the commercial. Reading the poll and then posting about how I only mentioned 1 thing in the commercial doesn't make any sense. Read the ******** thread, dude.

Even then, it is meant to be taken literally. Advertising separate from the commercial also tells women that Dr. Pepper 10 is not for them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Are you that stupid? This commercial is not meant to be taken literally. If it was taken literally the first people to be offended would be the men. Since you obviously didn't read the part in my post about commercial scheme go read it again. You read the ******** pole you made.
Pseudo-Onkelos
CAPNNNN COOK
Pseudo-Onkelos
This is silly. I don't see why women should be offended by this. This ad promotes the idea that males are supposed to be manly, and anyone who isn't, isn't a man.

I don't drink soda, and I think this could have been executed better.

man = manly and women = pussies

******** you too

What time and where?

exactly what i mean

its all a go at trying to harass women op

i dont think its advertising period

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Eisefin
It's a marketing joke. It's not entirely a diet pop, which diet pops are stereotypically the "woman" beverage for not having calories, so these ten calories are the ines "manly" enough to remain.

My husband and I knew someone was going to get pissed off at this despite it being a joke. Does no one have a sense of humor? Dr.Pepper has been manufacturing this pop for years and they're not excluding women from buying it.
Yes, it's a joke, but it's insulting to both men and women. They're "not excluding women from buying it"? Other than literally forbidding women from buying it, they're pretty much doing everything they can to prevent women from buying their product. When you insult stereotypically "female" things like romantic comedies and then tell women, "Don't buy our product, it's not for you," you're pretty much doing everything you can to exclude women from buying it.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Sexual Innuendo
See A Roman Pick Him Up
Sexual Innuendo
And considering I've never even heard of Yorkie Bars

Where are you from?
Ohio.

Have you ever been to the eastern parts of Canada, Ireland, Australia or the United Kingdom?
I went on a trip to Niagra Falls once for like a week, but that's it.
Eisefin

Its not a joke its meant to intimidate and harass. It pretty much says women are pussies. Period. If you like being a p***y okay, but not all women are useless, pusses, pardon my french. The ad could easily just say whores.

Adored Admirer

Sexual Innuendo
Pseudo-Onkelos
Sexual Innuendo
Pseudo-Onkelos
This is silly. I don't see why women should be offended by this. This ad promotes the idea that males are supposed to be manly, and anyone who isn't, isn't a man.

You really don't see why women should be offended by this? The ad literally tells women that the product is not for them and that they shouldn't buy it.

I see it, and yes, I am aware of what the ad says. No one is stopping you from buying the product. I am reminded of the Jell-O Temptations ad where it's meant for adults. Of course, ageism doesn't seem to bother people as much as sexism and racism.
Dude. Are you serious? Kids don't do the grocery shopping. ADULTS do the grocery shopping. Obviously it makes sense to market to adults. Even typically "childish" things are marketed towards adults as well (Like those Nesquik commercials.... "Chocolatey taste kids love, the healthy nutrients and price that Mom likes!" wink .

And obviously no one is going to stop me from buying the product. What are you even trying to argue here? I'm saying it's stupid to alienate the majority of the population by straight up telling them, "Don't buy this product." Obviously, I can still buy the product if I want to, but why would any woman want to after the marketing specifically tells them not to buy the product?

Yes, I am serious. I do see your point, however. I am not trying to argue about anything.

Please relax. I am not the ad, and becoming frustrated toward me isn't going to change anything. As I said in my initial post, Dr. Pepper could have executed the ad better.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Posties
Sexual Innuendo
Posties
Of all the things mentioned in that commercial you addressed the part about "Not For Women."
It's not meant to be taken literally. When "Not for women" was said, it was it was in reference to the entire scheme of the commercial. The scheme was to portray "Dr.Pepper" as a manly drink while showing many comical stereotypes of some men.

Stop trying to search through medial advertisements to find a "foible" just to prove how protrusive you are. Even if you do find a biased or sexist ad you couldn't sue.
Actually, I addressed a lot of points in the commercial. Reading the poll and then posting about how I only mentioned 1 thing in the commercial doesn't make any sense. Read the ******** thread, dude.

Even then, it is meant to be taken literally. Advertising separate from the commercial also tells women that Dr. Pepper 10 is not for them.

Are you that stupid? This commercial is not meant to be taken literally. If it was taken literally the first people to be offended would be the men. Since you obviously didn't read the part in my post about commercial scheme go read it again. You read the ******** pole you made.
Right. Countless advertising telling women that they shouldn't buy the drink, even out of context of the commercial like in that advertisement I just posted, and it's "not meant to be taken literally."

Basically, if this commercial said "Dr. Pepper 10: It's Not For Black People," you would be all up in arms about it.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Pseudo-Onkelos
Sexual Innuendo
Pseudo-Onkelos
Sexual Innuendo
Pseudo-Onkelos

You really don't see why women should be offended by this? The ad literally tells women that the product is not for them and that they shouldn't buy it.

I see it, and yes, I am aware of what the ad says. No one is stopping you from buying the product. I am reminded of the Jell-O Temptations ad where it's meant for adults. Of course, ageism doesn't seem to bother people as much as sexism and racism.
Dude. Are you serious? Kids don't do the grocery shopping. ADULTS do the grocery shopping. Obviously it makes sense to market to adults. Even typically "childish" things are marketed towards adults as well (Like those Nesquik commercials.... "Chocolatey taste kids love, the healthy nutrients and price that Mom likes!" wink .

And obviously no one is going to stop me from buying the product. What are you even trying to argue here? I'm saying it's stupid to alienate the majority of the population by straight up telling them, "Don't buy this product." Obviously, I can still buy the product if I want to, but why would any woman want to after the marketing specifically tells them not to buy the product?

Yes, I am serious. I do see your point, however. I am not trying to argue about anything.

Please relax. I am not the ad, and becoming frustrated toward me isn't going to change anything. As I said in my initial post, Dr. Pepper could have executed the ad better.
Personally, it's not that I'm all that "offended" or "hurt" by the ad, I just think it's a ridiculously stupid campaign. It's offensive towards both men and especially women. I just don't understand how you "can't see why any woman would be offendedy by this."
Sexual Innuendo
Posties
Sexual Innuendo
Posties

Right. Countless advertising telling women that they shouldn't buy the drink, even out of context of the commercial like in that advertisement I just posted, and it's "not meant to be taken literally."

Basically, if this commercial said "Dr. Pepper 10: It's Not For Black People," you would be all up in arms about it.

It honestly has nothing to do with women should or shouldn't buy the drink though. Its just plain old sexism advertised alongside a can.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff