Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

The Dr. Pepper 10 "Not For Women" Marketing Campaign: A good idea?

Yes 0.21804511278195 21.8% [ 29 ]
No 0.60902255639098 60.9% [ 81 ]
Unsure 0.045112781954887 4.5% [ 6 ]
I don't know 0.12781954887218 12.8% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 133 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 > >>

Rainbow Dog

It's pretty ******** insulting. Like how are we supposed to get past all these stupid gender stereotypes if we keep letting them happening in marketing and especially so blatantly?

******** you Dr. Pepper for generalizing that women don't like action films or that we wouldn't also enjoy a low calorie soda that may leave an actual flavor in our mouths instead of a wash of aspartame.

I don't necessarily think people "forget" that women are people too, but they don't feel like they put a lot of respect towards women when they pull s**t like this out of their asses.

Anxious Millionaire

Regardless of how offensive it is (which it is, to both sexes) it's just trying way too hard.

The more it tries to be manly, the more you're reminded that it's just one of those so called "girly" drinks in disguise.

Beloved Sex Symbol

A Roman For Your Thoughts
Onigetoe
but that will change when women are drinking it more then men.

What, are you going to force all the women in the world to start drinking Dr. Pepper or something? rolleyes

Ok wow are you a dumbass. Women buy almost 100% of food products in households. So they buy it they drink it the demographic changes. That is marketing 101.
Sexual Innuendo
It's good advertising. That's all. Don't get so worked up about it.
How can something be good advertising when it literally tells the majority of the population not to buy it?

Because it's been done countless times before with countless products?

^ This is true. And so very depressing confused

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Sexual Innuendo
It's good advertising. That's all. Don't get so worked up about it.
How can something be good advertising when it literally tells the majority of the population not to buy it?

Because men tend not to buy diet sodas and the sales of regular sodas has been declining over the years? Because they want to tap into that gigantic demographic which is only a very slight minority? Because their marketing strategy hasn't actually offended all that many women? Because it's been done countless times before with countless products?
Like I said, there's nothing wrong with marketing a "diet" soda drink towards men. Coke Zero did it without telling the majority of the population, "THIS DRINK IS NOT FOR YOU. DON'T BUY IT." More women would feel comfortable buying a Coke Zero than a Dr. Pepper 10.

And what other product has literally told either gender, "Don't buy this because it's not for you"? You say it's been done "countless other times," but I really can't think of a single one.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ghosty Pie
User Image
LOL, this picture is the s**t. heart I love drawing parallels between sexism and racism. For many people it's the only way they can get it through their thick heads that sexism is wrong.

Adored Admirer

This is silly. I don't see why women should be offended by this. This ad promotes the idea that males are supposed to be manly, and anyone who isn't, isn't a man.

I don't drink soda, and I think this could have been executed better.

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Signature Look 250
I was a bit offended, but then I laughed at their embarrassingly awful attempt at marketing. redface

Still love normal DP, though.
Ghosty Pie
User Image

bwahahaha

well a lot of products don't say it but it goes without saying unfortunately

i never saw that commercial OP, and dont understand how its different from normal dr. p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff