Welcome to Gaia! ::

Some people also believe black people are less intelligent than white people. Doesn't mean I should waste my time debunking such a ridiculous statement.

Demonic Phantom

GhostlyMark
French Pizza
fukc u nd ur wimmin h8n bs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lol can someone tell me the story behind this lady. I think I can pretty much say that's she's a radical feminist but I wanna know what she did

There are multiple studies that say the avg mans IQ is just a little bit higher than the average woman's,but not enough to really matter. The biggest difference was that mostly all women are of normal intelligence where men are a bigger range. Meaning men make up all the super stupid and the super smart.
People believe a lot of things, but they're not necessarily true. There have been studies that say that men tend to have IQ's that are more in the extremes, so either super smart or really stupid. Women tend to be closer to average from either side. Overall genetics and other factors play a larger role than gender when determining IQ.
The Ice Dervish
People believe a lot of things, but they're not necessarily true. There have been studies that say that men tend to have IQ's that are more in the extremes, so either super smart or really stupid. Women tend to be closer to average from either side. Overall genetics and other factors play a larger role than gender when determining IQ.
They updated the tip value. surprised surprised surprised surprised
Posties The Artificer
The Ice Dervish

I just checked, 10,000 gold? LOL.
The Ice Dervish
Posties The Artificer
The Ice Dervish

WELL s**t, now I'm poor.

Magical Tree

intelligence is a farce.

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
The answer is me. I'm more intelligent.

Benevolent Bibliophile

10,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Well, i'm a female, and one of the smartest people anyone knows. so much so that i intimidate my fellow bimbo girls out to land a guy, in a mostly women's college. the men are surprised, some pleasantly, others not so much. Anything but math i'm good at. and grammar at 3am lol
soroor65
some men believe women are less intelligent then men. agree?

That's a vague statement. Though what I'm assuming you mean is that generally speaking men are more intelligent than women.

In which case I'm on the fence about that one. On the one hand most of what I've read is that IQ studies confirm that men and women have roughly the same average IQ. However there are some psychometricians who challenge this proposition and instead believe the evidence points to men have a slightly higher average IQ, maybe like 2-3 points more.

However what isn't controversial at all is the fact that the standard deviation of men's intelligence is greater than women's. Meaning that there are a lot more men who are mentally retarded, have learning disabilities, and there are a lot more men who we would categorize as stupid people than women.

However the converse is also true, most people who are brilliant, most people who have high IQ's are men as well.

Women are more clustered in the middle, meaning more women are of average intelligence than men (average being 100 in IQ terms).
freelance lover
Some people also believe black people are less intelligent than white people. Doesn't mean I should waste my time debunking such a ridiculous statement.

In terms of IQ that's just a factually accurate statement that's been measured and confirmed for about 100 years now.

What's ridiculous is denying the evidence because of an a priori belief you have (that the races are equal).

It doesn't matter how ridiculous a statement sounds if it has a lot of evidence supporting it, which that statement has a mountain of evidence supporting it.

In fact the statement that black people are of the same intelligence than white people is the statement that is ridiculous because there's no evidence for it.

Also before anyone gets into the argument of pointing out specific individuals, I invite you to take a 101 course in statistics because that's a fallacious argument based upon a strawman. We're talking about normal distributions of population groups, we aren't talking about individual people here. There are black individuals who are more intelligent than the vast majority of white people, that isn't what is being disputed nor is the contrary being asserted. We're talking about averages here when we talk about groups of people.
Brother Kam
I know more intelligent men than women though that may be due to other factors like social constructs and gender roles. Larger brain mass doesn't equate to higher intelligence.

You're right, large brain mass does not necessarily lead to higher intelligence. That statement however does not mean brain mass has nothing to do with intelligence.

There is a positive correlation in humans between higher intelligence and a larger brain size.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Posties The Artificer
The Ice Dervish
Posties The Artificer
The Ice Dervish

WELL s**t, now I'm poor.
now you can go do it one more time
o u o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items