Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Assailant

12,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I really, really want to do this, but I think work would fire me--I work in a customer-facing position and I can't cover my hair to hide the transition. That's why. sad

Fluffy Rabbit

7,650 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
My mom is a hairstylist and I can totes confirm that most haircare products are full of sh*t.
If you guys want, I could give you some simple tips are haircare? I don't really mind.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ajapanda

If you guys want, I could give you some simple tips are haircare? I don't really mind.

Do you know much about protecting and repairing bleached hair?

Fluffy Rabbit

7,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Lilith_Lilium

Hmn, I'm not so sure but I'll give you some basics for damaged hair.
First of all, you'll need to save yourself from the burden of split ends. Once a hair has been split, it will keep splitting, which just causes more damage.

Next, I would assume you'd need some protein or keratin. My mom generally uses "it's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Keratin Spray" found at most Walgreen stores. Because they're relatively cheap I think o.o uhm, treat as needed. Or I guess, continue use if you're into flat ironing or dyeing or blow drying your hair - but do so lightly. Like, don't completely dry your hair, just the under layers.

Lastly, I would assume some sort of shampoo and conditioner treatment as well. I don't really know one which product you'd need but hmn. Let's see, don't over wash your hair. Shampoo isn't really going to help so use as little as possible. You could leave some conditioner in for an hour or so. That'll just make your hair really soft but it might be a start?

Now, I'm no expert but I believe I've told you the right thingish. Regardless, I would go seek a hair care professional (or in this case mommy). I'll ask her tomorrow and if she has anything to say, I'll message you about it if you'd like. I'm sure she'll say something like: NEVER BLEACH IT AGAIN! emotion_omnomnom or at least, to take a break ...but in a nicer, mommy way o.o

Fluffy Rabbit

7,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Lilith_Lilium
I am sooo sorry that I took forever. I was really trying to think of stuff.
Uhm, I hope what I said helps, even a little bit. I love that picture in your sig btw! It's funny.

happymoogle's Waifu

IRL Waffles

If I am going out, I have to wash my hair. It gets greasy and just looks so gross. D:

If I am at home, I dont bother most of the time.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ajapanda
Lilith_Lilium

Hmn, I'm not so sure but I'll give you some basics for damaged hair.
First of all, you'll need to save yourself from the burden of split ends. Once a hair has been split, it will keep splitting, which just causes more damage.

Next, I would assume you'd need some protein or keratin. My mom generally uses "it's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Keratin Spray" found at most Walgreen stores. Because they're relatively cheap I think o.o uhm, treat as needed. Or I guess, continue use if you're into flat ironing or dyeing or blow drying your hair - but do so lightly. Like, don't completely dry your hair, just the under layers.

Lastly, I would assume some sort of shampoo and conditioner treatment as well. I don't really know one which product you'd need but hmn. Let's see, don't over wash your hair. Shampoo isn't really going to help so use as little as possible. You could leave some conditioner in for an hour or so. That'll just make your hair really soft but it might be a start?

Now, I'm no expert but I believe I've told you the right thingish. Regardless, I would go seek a hair care professional (or in this case mommy). I'll ask her tomorrow and if she has anything to say, I'll message you about it if you'd like. I'm sure she'll say something like: NEVER BLEACH IT AGAIN! emotion_omnomnom or at least, to take a break ...but in a nicer, mommy way o.o

My hair is platinum light blonde. The top layer of my hair is doing well but my bottom layer of my hair has been breaking making it uneven so I got my hair cut a few inches shorter though to even it out (but still long) and letting my roots grow out to start over, yet maintain my blonde look. My hair held up nicely when I used to color it bright pastel colors with semi-permanent dyes that acted like a conditioner to my hair, allowing it to be healthy enough to grow out really long. I still dye with pastel dyes, but only a little bit mixing it with a lot of conditioner to just tint it certain colors without leaving my hair permanently uneven in color when it fades away.

I've heard about keratin a lot and looking at that spray it seems to be affordable and has good views, so I'll get some or a similar product with keratin when I can.

I think I won't be bleaching the bottom layer of my hair for a long while and will just stick to the top.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

I have to wash my hair everyday. To me its just a compulsion.
I have such fine hair that it gets horribly greasy in 24 hours and makes me feel really dirty.
I can't stand that feeling, even if i'm not going out. Dry shampoo doesn't get rid of the feeling either.

Spoopy Kitten

Quote:
I still use soap whenever I clean my hands, brush my teeth

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ajapanda
Lilith_Lilium
I am sooo sorry that I took forever. I was really trying to think of stuff.
Uhm, I hope what I said helps, even a little bit. I love that picture in your sig btw! It's funny.

It's no problem. Thank you, what you said helps
I photoshopped my sig a few years ago in high school when Twilight was popular along with a few other sparklepire pictures

http://teufel-luke.deviantart.com/art/Hold-on-Spider-Monkey-124824409

Wealthy Hoarder

Lilith_Lilium
Srintella Tiagara
For me I need to shampoo my hair everyday. If I don't I wake up with a rats nest that can't be brushed through.

Honestly, it depends on the persons's hair and what they do on a day to day bases. I can try and not do a thing...

But like I said I can't do anything with my hair if I don't. x_X That's me though.

Shampoo on the hair everyday and not just the scalp where it is intended to be used can be really damaging to your hair stripping the oils out and causing it to dry out. It may help to only use conditioner on your hair for your tangles, after a while you may find washing your hair every single day to be unnecessary.

Trust me I have tried not washing my hair every day. It doesn't work. Regardless of what you all say, it's something I do.
I have to wash my hair at the max every 3 days or it will literally clump together ._. dry shampoo can only save it for around half a day

Questionable Prophet

I never shampoo my hair until the day before I bleach it, so about every three months.
I put conditioner in it, rinse a smidge out and then put more in and leave it.

And I've never had greasy hair, it's always been fluffy and frizzy. Since I've stopped shampooing and I've started leaving my conditioner in my hair is actually far beyond manageable. I got 'dem perfect ringlets.
I don't even have to buy any extra hair products.

My hair doesn't even smell bad.

Shampooing strips your hair of it's natural oils, it's not good for it and if you have curly hair, which tends to be more porous than straight, it's extra bad.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I wash my hair once a week. I've done it so long that it honestly looks and feels clean and non-greasy up until the day before wash day.

Between stretching washes, using more conditioner, and switching from a regular brush to a Tangle Teezer, my hair is in such great shape it grew down to my butt.
I know there are alternative methods, e.g. some people use sodium bicarbonate to wash their hair.
I personally rather like washing my hair with shampoo. But I believe more frequent than every 3 days is too much. It actually dries out the scalp and causes more dandruff and greasiness than if you get used to washing it less frequently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff