Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Tute Sweet
thebocesman

You're not born gay, you choose to be gay. You can choose to not give in (sorry I don't know how else to put it), to gay desires, but like I said, it's your choice whether or not to do things with another man, just like it's your choice whether or not to do things with another woman.

What?

So, all those homosexual animals in the world, are choosing to be gay, despite being completely incapable of that level of coherent thought?

Besides, having sex with someone of the same gender isn't what makes you gay, it is being attracted to people of the same gender that defines your sexuality.

Thank you.

My best friend is gay. If he has sex with a woman, that does not mean he is straight or bisexual. People can have sex without feeling attracted or attached to the person. It is possible. Sex is not a good indicator for someone's sexual orientation. People need to realize that just because someone does it does not mean it is the truth.

The only choice a person has if they want to act on the feelings. That, however, does not change their oritentation.
Rennie`
I am a traditional person, a straight woman who is getting married toa straight man. I have never been keen on the idea of gay marriages because it's not the norm in my opinion.

The only thing I cannot agree with is gay people adopting children. It is because all of my life I have been brought up to believe that it was only possible for a man and woman to love each other, not a man and man or woman and woman. I don't think I knew about gay relationships until the time I hit puberty!! Therefore I do not believe that children should think this is possible.

You can flame me all you like but none of those flames can change my opinion.
Just because you were brought up this way doens't mean it's good for all children.
thebocesman
MattyIsSexOnWheels
For those of you who saw my other post, yes, this is also contributing towards the class discussion. Relax, Im not getting random online people to do my homework for me razz
Its that I honestly cannot think of any argument for this besides the freedom of choice: That people should be free to choose who and how to love. That and the theory that people are born gay and shouldn't' be held accountable towards something they have no control over.

And to be honest Im actually thinking of abstaining from saying yes or no to this one. The other topics to be debated are a matter of opinion. This one challenges moral convictions upon which those of my belief are challenged. While I personally believe I support it, I cannot bring myself to say yes because that brings into question whether or not I can say yes based upon the moral supposed sin....yes, I think that was vague enough for people to understand my position razz

Anyway, any contribution anyone could make to this at all would help. Although keep in mind I'm still considering saying neither yes nor no.

You're not born gay, you choose to be gay. You can choose to not give in (sorry I don't know how else to put it), to gay desires, but like I said, it's your choice whether or not to do things with another man, just like it's your choice whether or not to do things with another woman.

In all honesty, the only people who don't want gay marriage are the pseudo-christians who don't seem to understand that God gave us free will and that if we try to make it so one thing isn't a choice, we're not really changing. None of us can change somebody, we can only try and point them on the right path.
No, if you only have desires towards the same sex, you are gay, whether you act on it or not.
The very thing you strive for ...

I don't think the church has very much to do with the whole marriage thing anymore, unless of course, you want to get married in one.
The most important part of the ceremony, even in Church weddings, is signing the register.
I don't think it's up to the State to deny you your basic human right of marriage. ******** what the church says, they're wrong about condoms too (well, my Church is anyway).

It's a legal agreement, it's been so far removed from God as it is, why go back to 'Christian' beliefs to designate that?

... is the thing that makes you blind

Friendly Stalker

legalize it for ME XD
So I can marry my girlfriend in 10 years biggrin
I don't know if this one has been pointed out haven't read all the post.....

To say gay people can not marry is almost like making them a separate race that has few rights in this country.... Using slaves as an example I believe (was a long time sens I was in this class) the black man was 1/3 a person I think white women where like 1/2 and (I admit my numbers might be off) that is why the could not vote... Saying same sex dose not have a right to marry what is next they don't have a right to vote? The Us is considered to be a country of freedoms and yet now in 2008 we are telling a social class what they can and can not do...
Excellent posts from everyone!

I'll add my two cents.

People should marry who they want. I find the christian reason for keeping it illegal hypocritical. If they think it is a sin, and sins should be illegal, and we are all sinners... wtf? I mean then it should be illegal to commit adultery, or to take god's name in vain, or to break the sabbath, or to covet anything, or to feel jealousy... seriously wtf. It's stupid.

People should marry who they want, for whatever reasons they want. We love who we love, and I thought God thrived on our love for each other.
I don't understand how allowing two consenting adults to be happy together affects anyone outside of the couple, regardless of gender. That does not equate to bestiality or *****. Children and animals cannot give informed consent. Really, gay marriage should be nobody's business but the ones getting married.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff